What To Use With/without Dutasteride

tysono

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all, I’m 20 and I started losing my hair at 17. I’m currently on dutasteride for 2 years and used finasteride for over a year. My question is, what should I take to help maintain more as I’m currently still losing slowly on dutasteride. I’ve tried RU (for about 2 months, I know this isn’t long enough for results but I read in a lot of threads that it really isn’t worth using).

I’ve read about oral minoxidil, seti/fevipiprant, CB, darolutamide/enzalutamide, zix, progesterone and oral estrogen. I’m not sure what the most effective would be considering my age, however I also have seasonal allergies which I feel might be affecting my hair (hence why I feel maybe seti/fevi would be optimal?).

Any input would be greatly appreciated!

CinnamonRoll

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
RU should take effect immediately. It doesn't take months or even weeks to start working. If you don't see results from RU within a week, you never will. RU is very different from a lot of the other treatments. I've never seen someone say RU did nothing for 3 months and then started working.

If dutasteride isn't stopping it, I think there's no chance seti/fevi will stop it. PGD2 is downstream of DHT. Dutasteride handles PGD2 about as well as seti. Seti is for people who don't want a 5AR inhibitor. Zix is way too weak to work. It's for mild hairloss and you're a severe case.

From what I've seen of late, daro and equol are probably your best bets. They're both pretty powerful. Oral minoxidil as you mentioned is also powerful.

Of course oral estrogen/spironolactone is the best treatment, but a complete loss of sex drive and significant feminization rules it out for nearly everyone. I'm also not even sure if you keep the hair you regain if you go off the drugs(I'm inclined to think you'd lose it all).

tysono

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
RU should take effect immediately. It doesn't take months or even weeks to start working. If you don't see results from RU within a week, you never will. RU is very different from a lot of the other treatments. I've never seen someone say RU did nothing for 3 months and then started working.

If dutasteride isn't stopping it, I think there's no chance seti/fevi will stop it. PGD2 is downstream of DHT. Dutasteride handles PGD2 about as well as seti. Seti is for people who don't want a 5AR inhibitor. Zix is way too weak to work. It's for mild hairloss and you're a severe case.

From what I've seen of late, daro and equol are probably your best bets. They're both pretty powerful. Oral minoxidil as you mentioned is also powerful.

Of course oral estrogen/spironolactone is the best treatment, but a complete loss of sex drive and significant feminization rules it out for nearly everyone. I'm also not even sure if you keep the hair you regain if you go off the drugs(I'm inclined to think you'd lose it all).
dutasteride only works to halt my hairloss when I don’t take anything to counter sexual sides (e.g l-citrulline which I’m taking now, completely gets rid of the sexual sides for me, but I’m shedding a lot more. Was probably an overexaggeration saying I used RU for a month. Thinking about it, I’m pretty sure I used it for a week or two then stopped because I really didn’t see a lot of photo proof that it worked.

Sucks about the seti/fevi, I had pretty high hopes for that. However, I suppose all people react to treatments differently so who knows.

With daro and equol, again, I haven’t seen much photo proof on those either, but I have read people talking highly of them. Just don’t know a trusted supplier and whether or not it’ll break the bank too much.

CinnamonRoll

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
dutasteride only works to halt my hairloss when I don’t take anything to counter sexual sides (e.g l-citrulline which I’m taking now, completely gets rid of the sexual sides for me,
That's interesting and I haven't seen this before. What gave you the idea to try l-citrulline and at what dose? I know others get sexual sides on dutasteride and that would be handy if it works(especially if it doesn't cause shedding in some people).

With daro and equol, again, I haven’t seen much photo proof on those either, but I have read people talking highly of them. Just don’t know a trusted supplier and whether or not it’ll break the bank too much.
Daro's a b**ch to get ahold of right now, or I'd be using it. Equol was hard to get until last month. TheKaneShop has RS Equol(Racemic equol) which is 50% R-Equol and 50% S-Equol for $30/gram which is fairly cheap considering topical max seems to be about 10mg. It would be a 3 month supply.
While S-Equol is alleged to have fewer sides, R-Equol is the one that has prostate effects, so I suspect S-Equol is less effective for hair loss(though this isn't certain). I'm more inclined to try RS over S anyway. I haven't ordered it yet, but I intend to in the next few months.

tysono

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That's interesting and I haven't seen this before. What gave you the idea to try l-citrulline and at what dose? I know others get sexual sides on dutasteride and that would be handy if it works(especially if it doesn't cause shedding in some people).

Daro's a b**ch to get ahold of right now, or I'd be using it. Equol was hard to get until last month. TheKaneShop has RS Equol(Racemic equol) which is 50% R-Equol and 50% S-Equol for $30/gram which is fairly cheap considering topical max seems to be about 10mg. It would be a 3 month supply.
While S-Equol is alleged to have fewer sides, R-Equol is the one that has prostate effects, so I suspect S-Equol is less effective for hair loss(though this isn't certain). I'm more inclined to try RS over S anyway. I haven't ordered it yet, but I intend to in the next few months.
L-citrulline’s a nitric oxide booster. Helps to promote blood flow immensely for me. My body feels more pumped and my erections are 10x stronger, which is great because I never had a problem with libido, just EQ. I take the stronger version and it’s one 1200mg pill a day. Not sure why I’m shedding from it though, everything I’ve read online says it’s supposed to be beneficial for hair loss..
I might look into some of that equol stuff and see how it goes.

tysono

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, I’m taking dim and resveratrol + grapeseed with the l-citrulline daily. Anyone know if any of these (or this combination) could be causing my shedding? My minor ED has basically disappeared and I feel much better dutasteride - side effect wise, however I’d love to stop the shedding (which I have none of when on dutasteride alone).

Btg

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

can you link any study for duta decreasing as much pgd2 as seti ?

CinnamonRoll

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
can you link any study for duta decreasing as much pgd2 as seti ?
PGD2 is downstream of DHT. If you're knocking out DHT, there's nothing to make PGD2 with. Dutasteride drops DHT levels by over 90%. PGD2 levels pretty much fall linearly to DHT.
W7ZEAht.png

There are of course no studies comparing Seti to dutasteride. There's barely even clinical dutasteride studies. And almost nothing for Seti. The medical community decided that minoxidil and Finasteride were enough back in the 90s and they've moved on. It's like asking about recent innovations in polio vaccines. There's not much clinical interest in 2018. It's considered to be a settled medical topic.

Retinoid

My Regimen
Reaction score
L-citrulline’s a nitric oxide booster. Helps to promote blood flow immensely for me. My body feels more pumped and my erections are 10x stronger, which is great because I never had a problem with libido, just EQ. I take the stronger version and it’s one 1200mg pill a day. Not sure why I’m shedding from it though, everything I’ve read online says it’s supposed to be beneficial for hair loss..
I might look into some of that equol stuff and see how it goes.

No offense but you seem like yet another forum poster who makes outlandish statements about things which is probably why you are not noticing anything on Duasteride. It is not the Duasteride--it is you.

hemingway_the_mercenary

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
No offense but you seem like yet another forum poster who makes outlandish statements about things which is probably why you are not noticing anything on Duasteride. It is not the Duasteride--it is you.

why? L-c... is very legit as a nitrious oxide booster. I know for a fact tho that its not causing op to loose hairs tho

dutasteride isnt strong enough to stop the hairloss of anyone who started balding before 19. try darolutamide op,

its crazy how many people there are here now who started balding before 20 and did not respond to finasteride/dutasteride. Back in the day I felt so alone here but now theres a bunch of people here like me

tysono

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
why? L-c... is very legit as a nitrious oxide booster. I know for a fact tho that its not causing op to loose hairs tho

dutasteride isnt strong enough to stop the hairloss of anyone who started balding before 19. try darolutamide op,

its crazy how many people there are here now who started balding before 20 and did not respond to finasteride/dutasteride. Back in the day I felt so alone here but now theres a bunch of people here like me
Yeah that’s the odd thing though. When I’m not taking the citrulline with dutasteride, the dutasteride maintains the state of hair that it’s gotten me to. When I take the citrulline (not sure if it’s from the DIM or resveratrol+grapeseed), I shed heaps more and my hair looks more thin all over. But it’s great because I feel like I’ve just gotten a pump from the gym 24/7.. not sure.

Last edited:

tysono

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yeah that’s the odd thing though. When I’m not taking the citrulline with dutasteride, the dutasteride maintains the state of hair that it’s gotten me to. When I take the citrulline (not sure if it’s from the DIM or resveratrol+grapeseed), I shed heaps more and my hair looks more thin all over. But it’s great because I feel like I’ve just gotten a pump from the gym 24/7.. not sure.
Anyone? I’ve also got scalp tenderness since starting these if that helps for an answer?

ButWhyTho

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

L-citruline could be increasing creatine levels which could be increasing DHT levels. I've read that citrulline can increase levels of phosphocreatine by 20%.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Also, I’m taking dim and resveratrol + grapeseed with the l-citrulline daily. Anyone know if any of these (or this combination) could be causing my shedding? My minor ED has basically disappeared and I feel much better dutasteride - side effect wise, however I’d love to stop the shedding (which I have none of when on dutasteride alone).
Could it be the resveratrol and grape seed being aromatase inhibitors, lowering your estrogen to cause the shed?

tysono

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Could it be the resveratrol and grape seed being aromatase inhibitors, lowering your estrogen to cause the shed?
I suppose it could be. The shed stops when I either stop taking the resveratrol + grapeseed or the DIM I’ve now noticed. When taking both along with the l-cit, I shed.