What to use with little or no sides for maintenance?

helpmyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
As someone who is very prone to side effects, I definitely will NOT take finasteride as I am too scared of losing my libido, which is far more important to me. I know that this will be the case with any DHT blocker, which is why I'm thinking oral meds are not the way to go for me.

That being said, I've already gotten Nizerol.. so step one is taken care of. My current hair situation is very good, just a little receding up front and a little thinning at the crown, but nothing noticeable at all, and I would like to keep it that way if I can.

What would you guys recommend to help me maintain with little or no side effects? I've heard that spironolactone cream is supposed to be side-effect free and blocks the DHT on your scalp. Anyone have a good experience with this? or bad?

Also I was thinking about topical finasteride as I'm wondering if the side effects will be less apparent with it. I was considering Xandrox 15-plus.

Anyway, advice is welcome. Thanks guys.

Petchsky

Reaction score
I think you are along the right lines, and i would personally think about taking both the products you mentioned, maybe alternate them, one day xandrox, next day spironolactone....Fluridil is also worth considering...

helpmyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
Petchsky said:
I think you are along the right lines, and i would personally think about taking both the products you mentioned, maybe alternate them, one day xandrox, next day spironolactone....Fluridil is also worth considering...

what exactly is Fluridil?

Petchsky

Reaction score
An anti androgen, same as spironolactone, not sure which is most effective though

el_duterino

Reaction score
fluridil has ZERO side effects. that's because it has been designed for topical hairloss applications only and breaks down in blood.

the recommended amount is one 2ml ampule a day. I did experiment with 4 times that daily amount during 2 months and had ZERO side effects too.

Not sure how effective it is going to be for you, depending on the aggressivity of your hairloss, but it is worth a try.

Best used in combo with a reduced amount of finasteride.

helpmyhair

Established Member
Reaction score
el_duterino said:
fluridil has ZERO side effects. that's because it has been designed for topical hairloss applications only and breaks down in blood.

the recommended amount is one 2ml ampule a day. I did experiment with 4 times that daily amount during 2 months and had ZERO side effects too.

Not sure how effective it is going to be for you, depending on the aggressivity of your hairloss, but it is worth a try.

Best used in combo with a reduced amount of finasteride.

I just can't do finasteride. I've already lost a little libido from taking saw palmetto in the past and I'm happy with where it is and would not sacrifice that even if it meant more hair for longer times.

My hairloss has only just begun and isn't really aggressive. Started about 2ish years ago (I'm only 23) and there is only minimal thinning and a bit of receding. So its not bad and I would like to keep it that way for as long as I can.

So is Fluridil a good way to go, perhaps along with a regrowth such as Xandrox? Did you get results from it? Anyone else?