What To Try Next, Spironolactone 2% Or S5 Plus Cream?

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Ok i currently at other options that i may end up having to try and looking at its either between these 2 products and i wondered which would be the best one to try?

Keeping in mind that i ask more because of budget and whether its worth the more costly approach

There is a site called wholesalehairproducts.com and it sells Spironolactone 2% which is far cheaper then the S5 cream on this site... but then its just 2% and the other is higher % and has more in it? plus one is a cream i guess

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've used S5 and S5 plus cream. Both were useless and didn't stop my balding. Snake oil!! If you want to use topical spironolactone make your own lotion.

neddy2016

Experienced Member
Reaction score
how do make my own lotion?

Currently trying to find out if wholesalehairproducts.com is a good legit site to order from. it seems good but you can never be too sure.

Last edited:

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Use an ethanol based lotion with distilled water. Just crush up the spironolactone pills. Google is your friend.

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do not use the current version of S5 cream. You can have a compounding pharmacy make you a cream with whatever percentage of spironolactone you want.