What To Realistically Expect From Finasteride? (pics)

Airegin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on Minoxidil 5% for 1.5 years and my hair seems to have gotten worse. A month ago I started taking Finasteride 5mg and today I added Nizoral shampoo.

There's no way I'll get a decent result without a hair transplant, right? I don't want to get too hopeful. If so, how many grafts do I probably I need? 2000-2500?

Am I right to assume this is a Norwood 2 or is it already a 3?

WP_20170724_22_04_44_Pro.jpg WP_20170724_22_04_12_Pro.jpg WP_20170724_22_02_13_Pro.jpg

Kostas1988

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been on Minoxidil 5% for 1.5 years and my hair seems to have gotten worse. A month ago I started taking Finasteride 5mg and today I added Nizoral shampoo.

There's no way I'll get a decent result without a hair transplant, right? I don't want to get too hopeful. If so, how many grafts do I probably I need? 2000-2500?

View attachment 59011 View attachment 59012 View attachment 59013
M8 this is at least 3,maybe more,dunno whats happening behind those styled hairs!personal bet:you need more than 3k grafts to achive a good result!

Airegin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks, really sucks to hear that though...

It's not styled, I had just applied Minoxidil.

IggyPop

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You can expect for Finasteride to maintain your hair and hope for a minor thickening of that frontal "island".

Airegin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think it's worth trying Dermarolling?

How long should I wait for a hair transplant? Should I wait until I've been taking Finasteride for half a year? A year? Do I really need 3k grafts? I was hoping for 2.5k max.

Kostas1988

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you think it's worth trying Dermarolling?

How long should I wait for a hair transplant? Should I wait until I've been taking Finasteride for half a year? A year? Do I really need 3k grafts? I was hoping for 2.5k max.
Im not a finasteride user but from those i read you need to w8 6months to a year for 2 reasons you need it...1st to stabilize hairloss and to see if there is any regrowth and 2 to avoid surgerys sockloss...those 3k minimum grafts was just a personal call,see whats others will say,but you are close to there,maybe more!

Airegin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Im not a finasteride user but from those i read you need to w8 6months to a year for 2 reasons you need it...1st to stabilize hairloss and to see if there is any regrowth and 2 to avoid surgerys sockloss...those 3k minimum grafts was just a personal call,see whats others will say,but you are close to there,maybe more!

There goes any confidence I had left but thanks, I guess I needed a reality check.

Kostas1988

My Regimen
Reaction score
There goes any confidence I had left but thanks, I guess I needed a reality check.
Im sorry m8,...well im not a doctor,neither the noumber 1 expert...maybe others have "better" answers!best for you it to make online consultations if you want to learn what you need and how much you need!cheers bro!

Kidbako

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Depending on your age you may respond dramatically to finasteride. There's a post on here by someone named Peabody I think under success stories that had hair like yours and had great results so stick with 1mg finasteride a day for a year and reassess.

Recon_s

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You aint slick bald at the front so that's good at best fina along with min will grow most of it back. Ive seen similar cases on here so just wait it out and see how you react before you make any other drastic plans like some people are suggesting

Airegin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the reassurance, though I'm not getting my hopes up too much. I'm 28 and lost most of my hair in the past 4 years.

Airegin

My Regimen
Reaction score
I've been looking close-up and I see a bunch of new 0.5-1 cm long hairs growing. Can't be the Finasteride because I've only been taking it for a month. Could mean something though...

If at best I'll maintain what I have for a few years: how long would that be? I don't see the point of a transplant if my hair loss will get worse in 10 years anyway.

shookwun

Reaction score

3k minimum

You need to hop on finasteride. Be surprised how much thickening it will do

FCKW36

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Don't listen to these guys. I got massive regrowth in the front from minoxidil and RU and I'm holding it for 2.5 years now. Don't think about surgery, not yet! Take your meds and wait.

Airegin

My Regimen
Reaction score
Don't listen to these guys. I got massive regrowth in the front from minoxidil and RU and I'm holding it for 2.5 years now. Don't think about surgery, not yet! Take your meds and wait.

I didn't get any regrowth after 1.5 years on Minoxidil alone so I'm not counting on it. Guess I'll just wait and see.

You probably had more hair when you started and you're younger? I'm 28.

I've always had my current hairline and the temples though, so there's no area that has gone entirely bald yet, even though it may look that way. Does the 3k estimate include filling up the temples and lowering my hairline? Cause that's not at all necessary for me.

Last edited:

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You onl
you used ru and minoxidil? No finasteride? And have you had sides from ru?

Endmymisery

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Op expect your dick to fall off from finasteride m8

Jk you probably won't have any problems

g.i joey

Reaction score
Based on my experience don't expect anything from it cause it can leave you very dissapointed. Just take the drug and know that whatever hair you have on your head you'll most likely keep. Regrowth is really a plus, maintenance is what the drug is intended for. Good luck broski!

Razzabo

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Based on my experience don't expect anything from it cause it can leave you very dissapointed. Just take the drug and know that whatever hair you have on your head you'll most likely keep. Regrowth is really a plus, maintenance is what the drug is intended for. Good luck broski!

Have you experienced fatigue on the drug??