What To Do About Hair Because Of Covid?

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So I currently live in California and basically the entire state is still shut down. I was supposed to get a cut-in last month, but due to everything going on, we’ve been having to push my appointment back over and over. My current system is close to hitting 6 months and it’s starting to look a little sparse in the area at my temple on the side of my part. Basically the hair in that area has thinned out a lot and the base is starting to somewhat show. I don’t really know what to do at this point since I don’t think this system will last a whole lot longer. I have a system waiting for a cut-in but nothing is open. I have considered cutting the base down myself using my current system as a template and then attaching it and going to some random salon to get it cut, but literally nothing is open. Anybody have any suggestions on what I can do?

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
So, first question... are you at home? If so, I would take the system off. I did that for two months when I was on lockdown.

Ask yourself... do you really want to risk ruining the unit? And then hope you can find a stylist who will cut it?

Take into consideration replacements are hard to find these days... weight your risks.

Last edited:

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I would do what Baldbearded suggested. However, if you have to go out in public, due to work, I’d order some toppik to fill in the gaps.

kashmoney

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’m actually a healthcare worker so I’m still working 6 days a week. My system is still okay, it’s just that one area by my part that is thin. Otherwise, the system looks okay.

I actually did receive a call from the salon that they will be reopening tomorrow and I can come in on the 15th for an appointment so it looks like I’m saved!

George Hen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I’ve used coloured dry shampoo on thin spots of systems before and it helps to fill them in quite well depending on your overall density. Well worth a try if you’re desperate.

JohnSlater

My Regimen
Reaction score
I havent been vaccinated yet. i think the person in charge for the vaccines here messed up, and therefore noone in my country has gotten it yet. its been delayed. and they arent even going to vaccinate the old people, they resolve that its better if they just die. but who cares? theyre old, right? Tongue however, ive never been afraid of getting covid. death would be a release from this horrible place we call life.

yurguardianangel

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I haven't had the vaccine yet either. Not sure I will.
The PEG in the vaccine I might be severely allergic to. As it was in an antibiotic I had a severe allergic reaction to.

I order hair systems online for the moment and I make sure I use companies that use a remote cut in service.