What The Heck Is Going On With The S5 "plus" Cream?

Status
Not open for further replies.

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been shedding since the original s5 was removed from the site and I couldn't get it anymore. Tried that water spray (whatever it was called) and it did nothing.

I was really happy to see the new and improved s5 "plus" cream with:
"5% Spironolactone, 0.1% Adenosine, 0.05% alfatradiol, 3.5% tempol"

https://www.hairlosstalk.com/shop/s5-plus-cream-alfatradiol-tempol.html

So I order some, and it just showed up today. On the label, it says the ingredients are:
Cucumis Sativus (cucumber) fruit extract, vitis cinifera grape leaf extract, fucus vesiculosis seaweed extract and sodium hyaluronate.

I've been buying products from this site for nearly a decade, what the heck is this crap? Seems like a $60 mini bottle of hand lotion.

WMQ

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Guess what, topical spironolactone is actually illegal as fda puts it.

And this new S5 is not the exact same old one, which was by dr lee. This one seem to come from some new Chinese company. Just labeled themself S5 to gain the customers.

OP you are a perfect test subject. Do report back how it goes with the new cream

Edit: I remembered wrong. Apparently the good old S5 was not from Dr Lee

Last edited:

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
I have a bit of trust in them, they have always been out for the greater good, and actually seem to care about us. I don't see them doing this to pull a scam just to make money. But why handle it overseas? And risk lying on the label to get it over here. It all seems weird. So I have my doubts.

That being said, I will know if this is a fake product. I have relied on S5 for years, and I will know in a couple months if this is a scam. The smell, texture and color are completely different. My first thought was that it was nothing more than a jar of lotion. Time will tell!

Johnmpb

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I have a bit of trust in them, they have always been out for the greater good, and actually seem to care about us. I don't see them doing this to pull a scam just to make money. But why handle it overseas? And risk lying on the label to get it over here. It all seems weird. So I have my doubts.

That being said, I will know if this is a fake product. I have relied on S5 for years, and I will know in a couple months if this is a scam. The smell, texture and color are completely different. My first thought was that it was nothing more than a jar of lotion. Time will tell!

That's funny u say there are so many differences. The admin recently assured us that the new vendor was working closely with the old one to emulate the previous formula.

buckthorn

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
it's f*****g pathetic that we are rubbing this f*****g garbage on our heads. I am so tired of this goddamn bullshit.

rclark

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
it's f*****g pathetic that we are rubbing this f*****g garbage on our heads. I am so tired of this goddamn bullshit.

Anything for hair. That's my motto.

It is bullshit. Will it change anything, probably not. But who cares.

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I tried S5 for 2 years ( the old cream one) didnt do jack sh99t.

Min + finasteride is your savior only... :(

inland

Established Member
Reaction score
S5 has been my only savior. When I use it, I do not lose ANY hair. Been using it for almost a decade. Can't take finasteride, nothing else works.
Owner of the site has been maintaining with it for 15 ish years.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
My Regimen
Reaction score
God I hate threads like these.

@inland - Do you actually think that some random people on the forums are going to know why the label says something on it?

Why don't guys like you ever just send an email to the site and ask the question directly? Like - the people who can actually answer your question?

Instead you'd rather make a spectacle, and get people all riled up, and worried, and paranoid that they're being scammed, etc ? .... Because that's truly the only thing accomplished by threads like these.

Nobody here can answer the question you asked.

Just got an update via email... apparently they are putting these false ingredients on the label to get them through customs...

Wrong. You don't even quote the email you received correctly. The ingredients on the label are not "false" or fake. They are simply not all of the active ingredients, like the email you received says. There are absolutely no problems with Customs in 99% of places shipped, but some places flip out even over Rogaine. We can't even ship Rogaine foam to Canada because its "against the law" to, there. Avoiding endless headaches was the only goal from the manufacturer.

For all future "FUD"sters ... (those who like to create fear, uncertainty, and doubt) - email the site if you have questions that can only be answered by the site. Dealing with the ramifications of people who see threads like these and get all crazy in response, is a monumental p.i.t.a ...

Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.