What the f**k happened to ASC-J9 from Androscience?

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What in the world happened to ASC-J9? It is an AR degrader with huge potential, with low systemic absorption. It was developed by Androscience and passed phase II clinical trials for acne vulgaris. Hasn’t progressed in years.

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Perhaps they were destroyed by the finasteride mafia lol

this is their contact link if you want to call or email them, though their website has not been touched in like 6 years.
Yep. Weird af. Their site is a ghost town. I will try to contact them

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes. Really weird. No news either on their site. Why would they pay for their website if their whole business is bankrupt? It even says «copyright 2020.»

el_duterino

Reaction score
they never ever published data on serum half life, I suspect it is too high for long term hair maintenance with low side effects. as it is not easy to degrade AR, a lot of the drug is needed to achieve some effect

Fluridil has the same mode of action but its too weak to have a real impact.its easier to bind to the AR and block androgens

FollicleGuardian

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
they never ever published data on serum half life, I suspect it is too high for long term hair maintenance with low side effects. as it is not easy to degrade AR, a lot of the drug is needed to achieve some effect

Fluridil has the same mode of action but its too weak to have a real impact.its easier to bind to the AR and block androgens
Thanks for the input. Some good points. You say that it is easier to block the AR than degrade it, but I am worried about AR upregulation when one is constantly blocking them. What’s your take on this?

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
AR receptor production? IIRC the body can dial it up & down pretty rapidly. Whatever AR reaction the body is going to have, it will happen in hours/days, not months/years.

IMO the process of quitting the oral 5ar drugs should be done VERY gradually. But the bodily effects of those go way beyond a topical like ASC-J9.