What Tests Should I Get From An Endocrinologist

Paulie777

My Regimen
Reaction score
40-year-old male. Diffuse thinning on top. Eyebrows quite thin. Less stubble and bodyhair than I used to have.

My dermatologist has said that I should be referred to an endocrinologist. However, my GP isn't so sure, given that she ran some basic tests (B12, testosterone, thyroid) and everything was mostly fine, apart from low B12 (they gave me tablets and shots to restore B12 levels).

My GP says that the endocrinology department aren't sure what tests they could run, or what they could check for.

So, can anyone recommend what tests I should ask for or push for? I'm thinking:

-Full thyroid
-Full hormone
-Full autoimmune
-Insulin
-Something that will determine if I have androgenic alopecia or alopecia areata.

-Someone recommended PSA, but I'm not sure what that is?

jazz1

Reaction score
You could also check online and pay for a hair analysis test, these show true results and they send you a full report.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
40-year-old male. Diffuse thinning on top. Eyebrows quite thin. Less stubble and bodyhair than I used to have.

My dermatologist has said that I should be referred to an endocrinologist. However, my GP isn't so sure, given that she ran some basic tests (B12, testosterone, thyroid) and everything was mostly fine, apart from low B12 (they gave me tablets and shots to restore B12 levels).

My GP says that the endocrinology department aren't sure what tests they could run, or what they could check for.

So, can anyone recommend what tests I should ask for or push for? I'm thinking:

-Full thyroid
-Full hormone
-Full autoimmune
-Insulin
-Something that will determine if I have androgenic alopecia or alopecia areata.

-Someone recommended PSA, but I'm not sure what that is?
PSA is to determine if you have an enlarged prostate or prostate cancer. Make sure to get your thyroid antiboidies checked too with full thyroid as some doctors don't order it.