What Testosterone reading have I been given?

paul

Reaction score
I had a load of blood tests done and my testosterone came back at 10.7, they said the range was 8 to 27 so I have to go back for another test because it was low (apparantly it needs to be done first thing in the morning whereas i went at lunchtime).

I thought the testosterone level was 300-900 or something so what have i been given?

btw i didn't see the doctor for the results i got them over the phone from someone who didn't know what the results meant.

Brains Expel Hair

Established Member
Reaction score
Normal range is 300-1000. I'd call them back if I were you. If serum testosterone is low they have to test for a few other hormone markers as well as thyroid functioning cause this can greatly affect levels of SHBG. Best just to get the full report of your results, it's always useful to look over all of the numbers together.

Apache

Reaction score
The numbers can vary from lab to lab. It just depends on what they are using for measurement determinations. One labs normal range can be different than another labs.

Hoppi

Reaction score
Insulin and cortisol and many other hormones all affect testosterone (negatively, in their case), as does diet, like things like meat consumption. Many things can help you to normalize T levels :)

Do you know what your E and DHT are? I have no clue as to mine but, that helps too!

paul

Reaction score
not sure what DHT levels are, i think they just tested testosterone.

they are sending me back for serum lh level, FSH level and Prolactin level.

What could have a range of 8 to 27? will they just be using a different scale to measure testosterone?