What should I do, if it gets this far?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
WHEN it gets this far actually. So this is my uncle and my future. Is it still possible to design a toupee with this receded temple points? Thank you! Should I design a Norwood 3 hair system in my 40s?

Or is there any chance that a hair transplant will work? In the back it's not that receded, so definitely nw6, not nw7. The bald area of the crown is quite narrow.

aZV5uJP.jpg

X1rmJR7.jpg

Last edited:

TooBad

My Regimen
Reaction score
So this is my uncle and my future. Is it still possible to design a toupee with this receded temple points? Thank you! Should I design a Norwood 3 hair system in my 40s?

Or is there any chance that a hair transplant will work? In the back it's not that receded, so definitely nw6, not nw7. The bald area of the crown is quite narrow.

View attachment 172967
I would still utilize a system. My temples are receding a bit too, even with my sideburns. At some point, when it's behind the sideburns, I'll have a temple transplant.

Noah

Reaction score
If the shadow that you can see on your uncle's head would actually grow out into viable hair, I think there would be enough to support a decent-looking toupee. The hairline would have to be a bit receded to keep it looking balanced, but it could still look good. My feeling is that so long as the front edge of the hair running up from your sideburns is at least vertical (as it is on your uncle), you can design a hairpiece to fit on top. Once that line starts to bend backwards over your ears, you are in trouble, and then you need to be thinking of a temple transplant or a full cap.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
If the shadow that you can see on your uncle's head would actually grow out into viable hair, I think there would be enough to support a decent-looking toupee. The hairline would have to be a bit receded to keep it looking balanced, but it could still look good. My feeling is that so long as the front edge of the hair running up from your sideburns is at least vertical (as it is on your uncle), you can design a hairpiece to fit on top. Once that line starts to bend backwards over your ears, you are in trouble, and then you need to be thinking of a temple transplant or a full cap.

@Fanjeera my temples have receeded to pretty much the same place as your uncles so I need to choose my hairstyles carefully and also as @Noah said, make sure the front hairline is more of a receeded hairline.
And how receded do you mean: Norwood 2 or 3?

Couperin111

My Regimen
Reaction score
@Fanjeera its tough to put a scale on it as you’ll need to design the hairline based on your level of temple hair loss. For me I wear my hair down now which covers up my temple hair loss and hairline. When I did wear it up I tried to make sure the hairline looked natural and in doing so cut the hairline into something that matched my receding temple hair. Once that was done I only needed to worry about the attachment really.

jeepwrangler

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Is Scalp Micropigmentation for temples an option?
My temporal points receded years ago. I had SMP about 5 years ago to 'recover' them, and while it looks fine with a shaved head, it looks weird with a system. So for that reason I don't recommend it.

I plan on having getting the SMP lasered off and getting a transplant at the temporal points.