What percentage of white guys look good completely bald?

epictetus

Reaction score
I was scanning through the avatars on http://www.slybaldguys.com, and I noted how few I would regard as above average looking. Honestly, I'd say most were below average looking. Perhaps it's a selection bias, i.e., guys who look good shaved don't need a support system?

I really wonder lately whether reallllllly white guys should perhaps just leave the horseshoe. It helps to reduce the brightness of the head. Hell, maybe a cure to the aesthetics of baldness is tanning pills to turn us really dark. There's a Mitch Hedberg joke there somewhere.

Consider Ed Harris. Most women regard him as good looking. He has a nicely shaped skull, but I think he looks worse totally shaved.

imgEd%20Harris1.jpg

wxImw.png

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
To express my opinion: the majority does not look good.I would say 70 % but every one can improve their appearance but not everybody. Especially if theyre extremely pale and have light eyebrows, cause then it looks like cancer. Im glad I got dark eyebrows. It fits with the sly look a lot better when youre white. A little tan (fake or real) is important aswell to maintain the healthy look. And ofc, an athletic body is essential.

The worst guy is the guy who looks like a giant baby due to his overwight or a guy who`s pale, have no eyebrows and are slim as f***. Cancer *varning* But depsite this I may give the price to a readhead who is bald. Red eyebrows, red beard, cant get a tan. Saw a guy at slybaldguys.com with that appearance. And think it was him who got me kicked from there. Maybe he was to scared facing reality that would tell him how unattractive he really is. He does not appreciate when you wake him up from his long long-lived dream of denial. :jackit:

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
epictetus said:
I was scanning through the avatars on http://www.slybaldguys.com, and I noted how few I would regard as above average looking. Honestly, I'd say most were below average looking. Perhaps it's a selection bias, i.e., guys who look good shaved don't need a support system?

I really wonder lately whether reallllllly white guys should perhaps just leave the horseshoe. It helps to reduce the brightness of the head. Hell, maybe a cure to the aesthetics of baldness is tanning pills to turn us really dark. There's a Mitch Hedberg joke there somewhere.

Consider Ed Harris. Most women regard him as good looking. He has a nicely shaped skull, but I think he looks worse totally shaved.

imgEd%20Harris1.jpg

wxImw.png

I agree. I made this point on another thread about a week ago. I think people are so scared about losing hair that they feel they have to shave it all, but yeah it doesnt always suit people. Its complicated. I think a horseshoe can look quite distingushed as well. If you have a decent tan, and overall health, then it might in some cases look better then being a complete egg head.

Leaving your horseshoe, but at the same time being confident and positive in life sends a message, that you really dont care about your hair loss. I think there is something uncanny about being completely bald. I do have nightmare of waking up and being completely bald. But the thought of still having remaining hair on my head is no way near as bad.

Bottom line is that I dont think people should fear the horseshoe so much. Between guys there is a real stigma/fear attached to it, but I think girls probablt dont care that much if you have a well groomed, neat horseshoe or if your completely bald.

Again, it differs from man to man. I think Kevin Spacey is another example of someone that looks weird completely bald. I think older guys should feel comfortable with their hair loss. I think horseshoe can have negative connotation with the guys who have really let themselves go and really dont give a sh*t about thier personal appearance.

But yh. I personally wouldnt nessacarily mind having a horseshoe. Id have to see what I look like bald, and which looks better.

But anyway, good post. Nice to see some opinion that goes against the status quo.

Hope4hairRedux

Established Member
Reaction score
superfrankie said:
To express my opinion: the majority does not look good.I would say 70 % but every one can improve their appearance but not everybody. Especially if theyre extremely pale and have light eyebrows, cause then it looks like cancer. Im glad I got dark eyebrows. It fits with the sly look a lot better when youre white. A little tan (fake or real) is important aswell to maintain the healthy look. And ofc, an athletic body is essential. No one wants to look like an Auschwitz jew.

the worst guy is the guy who looks like a giant baby due to his overwight or a guy who`s pale, have no eyebrows and are slim as f*ck. Cancer *varning* But depsite this I may give the price to a readhead who is bald. Red eyebrows, red beard, cant get a tan. Saw a guy at slybaldguys.com with that appearance. And think it was him who got me kicked from there. Maybe he was to scared facing reality that would tell him how unattractive he really is. He does not appreciate when you wake him up from his long long-lived dream of denial. :jackit:

LMAO. This is wonderful. Those f*****g slybaldguys are living a complete lie and they know it. Every single time, they're like 'yeah man, you look great' etc etc. such over-positive fake bullshit.

You do get some good looking guys on there. Its generally the ones who are younger, darker, more athletic/healthy looking. the ones that are pale or the ones that are older and have quite fat faces, that as you said look like babies, or hippos. (In the voice of dr nick from The Simpsons - 'Hey everybody I am a bald fat f*** freak' f*** that.

Id rather have a horseshoe.

In answer to the title question, Id also say about 30% of white guys actually look ok/good bald. But a lot of it is down to the individual. Being in great shape and having a nice tan can work wonders.

Obsidian

Reaction score
commish.jpg

5-the-commish-1009-lg-42736744.jpg

shield-mikechick.jpg

michael-chiklis-photo.jpg

Michael Chiklis of The Shield made it look good and hell he doesn't even have that great of a head shape.

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
Hope4hairRedux said:
superfrankie said:
To express my opinion: the majority does not look good.I would say 70 % but every one can improve their appearance but not everybody. Especially if theyre extremely pale and have light eyebrows, cause then it looks like cancer. Im glad I got dark eyebrows. It fits with the sly look a lot better when youre white. A little tan (fake or real) is important aswell to maintain the healthy look. And ofc, an athletic body is essential. No one wants to look like an Auschwitz jew.

the worst guy is the guy who looks like a giant baby due to his overwight or a guy who`s pale, have no eyebrows and are slim as f*ck. Cancer *varning* But depsite this I may give the price to a readhead who is bald. Red eyebrows, red beard, cant get a tan. Saw a guy at slybaldguys.com with that appearance. And think it was him who got me kicked from there. Maybe he was to scared facing reality that would tell him how unattractive he really is. He does not appreciate when you wake him up from his long long-lived dream of denial. :jackit:

LMAO. This is wonderful. Those f****ing slybaldguys are living a complete lie and they know it. Every single time, they're like 'yeah man, you look great' etc etc. such over-positive fake bullshit.

You do get some good looking guys on there. Its generally the ones who are younger, darker, more athletic/healthy looking. the ones that are pale or the ones that are older and have quite fat faces, that as you said look like babies, or hippos. (In the voice of dr nick from The Simpsons - 'Hey everybody I am a bald fat f*ck freak' f*ck that.

Id rather have a horseshoe.

In answer to the title question, Id also say about 30% of white guys actually look ok/good bald. But a lot of it is down to the individual. Being in great shape and having a nice tan can work wonders.

hahaha, glad I could contribute and you know what? The same red-headed guy in there who acts like hair loss is a godsend for him couldnt imagine himself go outside without shaving his head in the morning. Yeah, thats right. A godsend :gay: Can you smell the contradiction? Continue to live your little lie :jackit: Money is good but this is priceless. This is a sign how powerful the human`s denial-process is. It can completely block you from reality.

We should make a rant post for them, just to get people laughing in here. :punk:

Fender89

Established Member
Reaction score
No need to be a f*****g prick about it dude. He didn't choose to lose his hair. And yeah, you will never know if he REALLY likes being bald but still, lay off him f*** sake. And i'm sure they couldn't give a flying f*** if you told them they were unattractive.

a**h**, man.

toocoolforhair

Established Member
Reaction score
It is a fantasy to assume that all men look good with a completely bald head. How many bald men looked good even when they had hair? Most people are average-looking so it stands to reason that they'd still look average with a bald head. The ones that look great bald most likely looked great with hair too.

The best reason to sport a shaved head is you no longer have to worry about how your hair looks. No more running for cover when it rains, no more dreading a windy day; you always look the same and that can be comforting. However, if you can rock long hair and not let it affect you then don't let anyone stop you. Whatever makes you happy.

The slybaldguys website is not a place for an honest critique of your appearance. When I was a member of the forum I quickly noticed that all newly shaved bald guys somehow all looked incredible. There were always the same responses e.g. "you are rockin' it", "suits you", "chicks will dig it". I'd imagine it is still the same today.

The other strange thing is that balding celebrities are made fun of on there. Any celebrity who does not shave his head is ridiculed. It seemed to go against the message of the group which is accepting hair loss. Slybaldguys should be called Shavedbaldguys. They only have one mantra and that is shave.

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
Fender89 said:
No need to be a f****ing prick about it dude. He didn't choose to lose his hair. And yeah, you will never know if he REALLY likes being bald but still, lay off him f*ck sake. And i'm sure they couldn't give a flying f*ck if you told them they were unattractive.

a**hole, man.

The crime is the person(s) who tell every guy who comes to there place that "you look good bald, just shave it and youre good to go", when that clearly IS NOT the case. They deserve to be laughed at and recieve taunts. What did you expect?

of course they couldnt give a flying f*** since they live in complete denial already :jackit: No words would bite on them. Ive seen guys in there who look like everything from the big frog monster in starwars to heroin addicts. They would be a -2 /10 on the handsome scale regardless of having hair our not and they tell some 20 y old in their that hair loss is no big deal. You look handsome, shave it and enjoy and bla bla bla bla. But maybe there is an explination to that since everyone is better looking than themselfs and they know it deep inside. Theyre just so f*****g hilarious in there. So dont try to lower the mood with your bullshit reprimand.

If you dont like it. b**ch about it at slybaldguys instead. f*** you!

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
toocoolforhair said:
It is a fantasy to assume that all men look good with a completely bald head. How many bald men looked good even when they had hair? Most people are average-looking so it stands to reason that they'd still look average with a bald head. The ones that look great bald most likely looked great with hair too.

The best reason to sport a shaved head is you no longer have to worry about how your hair looks. No more running for cover when it rains, no more dreading a windy day; you always look the same and that can be comforting. However, if you can rock long hair and not let it affect you then don't let anyone stop you. Whatever makes you happy.

The slybaldguys website is not a place for an honest critique of your appearance. When I was a member of the forum I quickly noticed that all newly shaved bald guys somehow all looked incredible. There were always the same responses e.g. "you are rockin' it", "suits you", "chicks will dig it". I'd imagine it is still the same today.

Epic utterance. So true.

Absolutely, shaving can be a slight feel of liberation (would be even more if you didnt have to shave everyday to maintain the look)

As Ive stated before: No one in the world does not suit the sly look according to them. There is no such thing as being ugly. :shakehead: Im only criticizing them when it comes to this, not as human beings. They have the same divine right to be happy about themselfs as everyone else. Just to make it clear.

Boondock

Reaction score
The crime is the person(s) who tell every guy who comes to there place that "you look good bald, just shave it and youre good to go", when that clearly IS NOT the case. They deserve to be laughed at and recieve taunts. What did you expect?

of course they couldnt give a flying f*ck since they live in complete denial already :jackit: No words would bite on them. Ive seen guys in there who look like everything from the big frog monster in starwars to heroin addicts. They would be a -2 /10 on the handsome scale regardless of having hair our not and they tell some 20 y old in their that hair loss is no big deal.

^ It's funny how the guys who come on here to talk about how harsh it is to be judged by hairloss are often the guys doing most of the judging.

The SlyBaldGuys forum may seem delusional at times, but I don't think it exists to argue that going bald always looks great. The main claim of the guys on the board is that there's more to being a man than having hair. If the people on there end up supporting each other in the process through a few nice comments, so be it.

It's also nice to see that you derive satisfaction from kicking people when they're down. If you were to contract testicular cancer, I suppose it would be appropriate for me to kick you in the nuts.

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Lol calm down ladies .
both Michael Chiklis AND Ed Harris look like sh*t to me, with or without hair... actually without hair they both look worse, so you have a point there.

as for the slybaldguys.com, when i feel abit down i watch southpark or read some posts there...

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
Boondock said:

of course they couldnt give a flying f*ck since they live in complete denial already :jackit: No words would bite on them. Ive seen guys in there who look like everything from the big frog monster in starwars to heroin addicts. They would be a -2 /10 on the handsome scale regardless of having hair our not and they tell some 20 y old in their that hair loss is no big deal.
The main claim of the guys on the board is that there's more to being a man than having hair. If the people on there end up supporting each other in the process through a few nice comments, so be it.

and yet when a new poster comes in 25 people tell him "it suits you" in the first 2 days. But I guess its a matter of opinion. Strange though that everybody always thinks the same. That is what makes it smell bullshit. There is absolutely nothing wrong with supporting each other but when the comments are as cheese as they are no one is gaining my respect. I have nothing more to say and if people still misinterpret me than thats their problem. Enough if this.

Boondock

Reaction score
It's one thing to claim they're exaggerating matters, but it's quite another to come on here and talk about how people look like "heroin addicts", "cancer victims", and "minus 2 out of 10" on the attraction scale. To single out some red-haired guy is even more deplorable.

By all means be critical of people and their views, but leave the abuse at home. Even I found it offensive and I'm a complete arsehole.

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
I made comments about anonymous blokes. If you dont feel thats okey than maybe you should go ahead and act like a police telling other members also in here to leave their comments at home. After all, its a far worse crime to me to hang out a specific person (whether its willis, vin diesel or member xxx ) and say he`s ugly or look like horseshit. But maybe, as you said, I should keep those comments at home to avoid bitching boondock saints like yourself :jackit:

qball01

Established Member
Reaction score
look guys...they may be a tad too optimistic when it comes to the "everybody looks great with a bald head" mantra they have other there...but at the same time they are also all about accepting the inevitable and moving on...making the right choice for THEM despite what other people say. You can call them deluded but is it any more deluded of them to be happy bald than it is for somebody to say "oh man, I've lost my hair so my life is over...I'll never be able to date one single attractive woman again and other people think I'm a joke and an inferior human being....I have to settle for being a second class citizen and theres nothing I can do about it....f*** YOU HAIRLOOSS....its ruined my life!'

and yeah...I can understand being critical, but some of the comments you guys made towards the members there are exactly the type of "bitter, insensitive, a**h**-driven" comments that you guys detest being made towards bald people by those who have hair....its extremely hypocritical. So before you label "the rest of society" as being insensitive pricks who don't understand the pain behind baldness...understand you've just done the same exact thing

Smooth

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You can sit all day long, stare at your bald head front the mirror telling yourself that you look 10 times better then Brad Pitt.. will it make it true?
id rather rather stick with the real fucked up world and adopt to it.
(btw, they were truely so pleased with their "blessings" they wouldn't be needing eachother's conformations and that stupid site would be shut down long time ago)

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
qball01 said:
look guys...they may be a tad too optimistic when it comes to the "everybody looks great with a bald head" mantra they have other there...but at the same time they are also all about accepting the inevitable and moving on...making the right choice for THEM despite what other people say. You can call them deluded but is it any more deluded of them to be happy bald than it is for somebody to say "oh man, I've lost my hair so my life is over...I'll never be able to date one single attractive woman again and other people think I'm a joke and an inferior human being....I have to settle for being a second class citizen and theres nothing I can do about it....f*ck YOU HAIRLOOSS....its ruined my life!'

Agree. Thats way better if you manage to do that. When I was there guys in 35+ were overrepresented with pics on their children, fiancee etc. It just gets a lot easier to accept then. Not even fair to compare with a 21 y old balding guy.

but yeah, youre right. Its good to take action and change than put yourself in the self-pity zone. Im sure that many of them in there go on and achieve so much more things in their daily life than many in here. But Im also sure every one of them has been there aswell. We all have (or are). But finally we all must let go and move on before we destroy ourselfs. Good post qball01

superfrankie

Established Member
Reaction score
Smooth said:
(btw, they were truely so pleased with their "blessings" they wouldn't be needing eachother's conformations and that stupid site would be shut down long time ago)

Lovely input. Why havent I thought about that before?