What Now? I Am Losing The Battle Against male pattern baldness

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's hard to tell but your hair looks the same if not better since 10 years ago

Better? Really? I know it's pretty difficult to tell, I remember taking those old pics with a webcam and torch over my head if I remember right lol.
Thing is, a few years back, I was able to style my hair in all sorts of ways which I can't anymore, so that's why I feel I have receded further.

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has the center forelock always been where it is in your new pictures. The only thing it could be is that the forelock receded a bit more making the V smaller.

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has the center forelock always been where it is in your new pictures. The only thing it could be is that the forelock receded a bit more making the V smaller.

I'm not sure to be honest, I've been checking my hair way too often to notice and not been taking pics to see....

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm not sure to be honest, I've been checking my hair way too often to notice and not been taking pics to see....
The forelock the easiest to tell if it's moved back just from even regular going out pics with friends in your forehead looks bigger lol

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
EIther way I have the same hairline style you do except I have my temple points. You can't go by the Norwood chart if you always had a widows peak. For example if someone had a straight hairline and receded to the point yours is, then yes it's a Norwood 3. But if you had a what's considered to most as a mature hairline at birth and receded to that point, you're a Norwood 2-2.5

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
EIther way I have the same hairline style you do except I have my temple points. You can't go by the Norwood chart if you always had a widows peak. For example if someone had a straight hairline and receded to the point yours is, then yes it's a Norwood 3. But if you had a what's considered to most as a mature hairline at birth and receded to that point, you're a Norwood 2-2.5

I've got no pictures of me as a child nor do I have pictures of me out and about lol So I don't have much to go by except that I'm unable to stye it the way I used to... actually up until the last few years. That's where things may have changed so I'm considering adding Dutas twice per week to see if I can gain any of that back (at best) and halt it at least. Though I can't seem to find many people on here that use the finasteride, Dutas combo.

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
A lot of ppl have success with dutasteride but if fina has held ur hair for 10 years that's pretty good. Does your hair feel thinner that you can't style it or you can't tell what the deal is

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A lot of ppl have success with dutasteride but if fina has held ur hair for 10 years that's pretty good. Does your hair feel thinner that you can't style it or you can't tell what the deal is

No I don't think it feels thinner... I really can't tell to be honest, maybe the whole hairline has moved back slowly. I wouldn't drop the finasteride as my family history is pretty bad so I've no doubt it's helped, but maybe a little bit of a boost from 2 Dutas per week might help halt it.

Crystalclear12

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
No I don't think it feels thinner... I really can't tell to be honest, maybe the whole hairline has moved back slowly. I wouldn't drop the finasteride as my family history is pretty bad so I've no doubt it's helped, but maybe a little bit of a boost from 2 Dutas per week might help halt it.
You still have a great head of hair for 33 man. At least you know you're receding really slow. Some dudes go from nw1 to George costanza in 5 years

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Little bit of an update,

My Doctor has prescribed me Dutas, so I'm going to add that in twice a week and see if that makes any difference. I'll use the pics I posted here as baseline pics for comparison.