What Now? I Am Losing The Battle Against male pattern baldness

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Anyone think this is worth a shot or should I be asking this question elsewhere on the forum?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
The risk with RU is that we don't have safety data on it.

It could help those hairs on your hairline go terminal, and you can apply it together with minoxidil. Don't get your hopes up about regrowing much of your hairline though. Few have done it.

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The risk with RU is that we don't have safety data on it.

It could help those hairs on your hairline go terminal, and you can apply it together with minoxidil. Don't get your hopes up about regrowing much of your hairline though. Few have done it.

Ah ok, well I am considering it if it could possibly help those hairs go terminal. I'm a little confused as to how it actually works... I've done some research but there is so much information here it's difficult to get the right answers. My understanding is that you need something to apply it with, and unless I am mistaken, some people are mixing it with minoxidil...?

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ah ok, well I am considering it if it could possibly help those hairs go terminal. I'm a little confused as to how it actually works... I've done some research but there is so much information here it's difficult to get the right answers. My understanding is that you need something to apply it with, and unless I am mistaken, some people are mixing it with minoxidil...?

It depends if you buy it premixed or not. If you buy the powder, hellouser has a great guide on mixing it. I'm not sure if it's posted here or on the other forum. If you buy the premixed is more expensive, but it's as simple as applying minoxidil. Just drop 1 ml once a day and rub it in.

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It depends if you buy it premixed or not. If you buy the powder, hellouser has a great guide on mixing it. I'm not sure if it's posted here or on the other forum. If you buy the premixed is more expensive, but it's as simple as applying minoxidil. Just drop 1 ml once a day and rub it in.

Ok thanks, I'd most likely buy it premixed although minoxidil liquid takes a hell of a long time to dry so I'm guessing I'd have to wait till sometime during the day to apply it... that could be a pain in the ***!

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, sorry to bump this again, but I've been doing a bit of research and scrapped the RU idea.

I am considering adding Dutas three times a week, however, I've searched and waded through many threads on this and come across very mixed opinions and reactions. Some people claim adding Dutas destroyed their hairline, this is the very thing I am trying to save, so, is it worth the risk? Or, is there actually any risk at all? I can't seem to find any threads or posts from people that have used the finasteride and Dutas combo for a long period of time, there is simply too much information to get through. If my question can't be answered here, could someone kindly point out a key thread I may be missing?

Thank you

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score
the way how you styled it... art of combover!

CopeForLife

My Regimen
Reaction score

Mathe

Reaction score
Looks like you are doing lots of research which will ultimately give you the knowledge to make the correct decisions for you !

Do you take any supplements like Biotin ?

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Looks like you are doing lots of research which will ultimately give you the knowledge to make the correct decisions for you !

Do you take any supplements like Biotin ?

I don't actually know what Biotin is?

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I've looked through the entire DHT blocker section of the forum and cannot find the info I'm looking for lol.

I'm going to my Doctor tomorrow to see if he'll prescribe Dutasteride. I don't wanna drop finasteride as that seems to have slowed things down. I'm just trying to find out what dose of Dutas people add when taking 1.15mg of finasteride ed. I came across a thread where someone mentioned they took Dutas 3x a week on top of finasteride but didn't mention what dose. Anyone got any ideas or advice?

Thanks

abcdefg

Reaction score
Sorry to say almost nothing changed in the last 10 years. Its a bit sad to say but if you were here 10 years ago you already know exactly what exists because your on 2 of the big 3. I dont think nizoral shampoo is going to regrow all that hair for you
Do not stop finasteride. It cant be doing anything but helping

Khguy

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok I got some pics finally. So where abouts am I on the scale now?
Im going to completely honest, the way you pull off your hair looks awsome dude. I get you must feel like people look at your hairline and stuff but they way you pull off your hair looks good. You could always go for a hair transplant i i think with your hair density it would be good to have one only when it get worse. Im 20 i think im a norwood 2 but people on here call me a 1 or 1.5. I dont like how my temples show so i understand your fustration.

JohnOKelly

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Sorry to say almost nothing changed in the last 10 years. Its a bit sad to say but if you were here 10 years ago you already know exactly what exists because your on 2 of the big 3. I dont think nizoral shampoo is going to regrow all that hair for you
Do not stop finasteride. It cant be doing anything but helping

I definitely won't be stopping the finasteride, I'm sure I'd be worse off without it, but now that I have gone a below baseline, I'm looking to add Dutas to the mix, not daily but every other day, in the hope I might regain what I've recently lost (at best) and at least halt the recession. I'm just unsure of the dose that I should consider.