What Norwood Am I? What Should I Do? Will I Go Bald?

FJKJK

My Regimen
Reaction score
18M male pattern baldness in the family genes, runs strongly on my dad's side but barely any on my mums.

The left side of my hairline (right side from your POV with pics) has been scaring me since its quite thin and somewhat recessed which is not so much the case for my right side. Ever since I started thinking that I have male pattern baldness (when I was told I did on this forum) it's been in my head way too much. I just want to know what I should expect to come and whether or not treatment is necessary.

If you guys could tell me what Norwood I am, what I should do and how screwed I am that would be very appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_3939.jpg
    IMG_3939.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 949
  • IMG_3959.PNG
    IMG_3959.PNG
    964.2 KB · Views: 589
  • IMG_3947.jpg
    IMG_3947.jpg
    107.5 KB · Views: 557
  • IMG_3949.jpg
    IMG_3949.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 595
  • IMG_3942.jpg
    IMG_3942.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 613
  • IMG_3950.jpg
    IMG_3950.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 598
  • IMG_3952.jpg
    IMG_3952.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 1,015
  • IMG_3962.jpg
    IMG_3962.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 559
  • IMG_3968.jpg
    IMG_3968.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 503
  • IMG_3958.jpg
    IMG_3958.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 499
  • IMG_3953.jpg
    IMG_3953.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 536
  • IMG_3941.jpg
    IMG_3941.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 677

michel sapin

My Regimen
Reaction score
sorry bro but this is male pattern baldness ; the early stage !
you can start by taking finasteride / minoxidil

FJKJK

My Regimen
Reaction score
sorry bro but this is male pattern baldness ; the early stage !
you can start by taking finasteride / minoxidil
Ok, wishful thinking but I've seen people talk about receding to NW2 and then it stopping for a few decades. Could this happen to me or am I too far gone that being a possibility

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
Ok, wishful thinking but I've seen people talk about receding to NW2 and then it stopping for a few decades. Could this happen to me or am I too far gone that being a possibility

No way to tell mate

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its definitely possible but I wouldn't bet all your money on it. The smartest thing you can do right now is monitor your situation. Check it over for 6 months with pictures and if you see it getting worse consider starting finasteride.

Forgot to mention you are NW2. Hairline is a little better than mine but I'm almost 21 so we are quite similar in terms of severity and age.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
Its definitely possible but I wouldn't bet all your money on it. The smartest thing you can do right now is monitor your situation. Check it over for 6 months with pictures and if you see it getting worse consider starting finasteride.

Andy do you happen to know what the odds are for some1 below NW2 to get completely fucked over by finasteride? (temples thin out more, hairline recedes etc.) I've been wanting to get on it but I've read some stories about finasteride actually make it worse.

My intention with this post isn't to scare anyone btw.

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
Andy do you happen to know what the odds are for some1 below NW2 to get completely fucked over by finasteride? (temples thin out more, hairline recedes etc.) I've been wanting to get on it but I've read some stories about finasteride actually make it worse.

My intention with this post isn't to scare anyone btw.
I don't know exact odds, but it did happen to me unfortunately. My temple hair got decimated in only 3 months and never grew back. If I had to guess I'd say a 1/10 chance? Given the average non responder rate is 13% - 17℅ I'm willing to bet roughly half of those people were negatively affected by the drug, while the others simply ' didn't respond '. I would still give finasteride a go though, it should be the first line of defense treatment for any male wanting to fight hair loss. Of course there are other options too which could be considered AFTER first trying finasteride.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know exact odds, but it did happen to me unfortunately. My temple hair got decimated in only 3 months and never grew back. If I had to guess I'd say a 1/10 chance? Given the average non responder rate is 13% - 17℅ I'm willing to bet roughly half of those people were negatively affected by the drug, while the others simply ' didn't respond '. I would still give finasteride a go though, it should be the first line of defense treatment for any male wanting to fight hair loss. Of course there are other options too which could be considered AFTER first trying finasteride.

What other options are there?

I think I am caused by DUPA/retrogade. Doubt a hair transplant is an option for me :(

AnxiousAndy

My Regimen
Reaction score
What other options are there?

I think I am caused by DUPA/retrogade. Doubt a hair transplant is an option for me :(
I feel your pain brother, I got retrograde on my sides and back, some hairs are so thin they look invisible it sucks. Well obviously there is dutasteride, which isn't a good choice if finasteride ate up your hairline first. Would probably significantly worsen the situation. Anti androgens could be used which should counteract whatever finasteride/dutasteride did to the unlucky 5ar users. Jgray201 is a great example for this. Low/moderate dose spironolactone or Androcur could be used without a big risk of ED and gyno ( I'm on 50mg Androcur and still get errections, no gyno or anything ) . Soon there should also be Brotzu lotion but I won't be surprised if it turns out to be mostly ineffective.

Right now all we really have besides finasteride/dutasteride to preserve hair for many years are anti androgens, this is an unfortunate fact and a major first world problem.

Alphalete

My Regimen
Reaction score
I feel your pain brother, I got retrograde on my sides and back, some hairs are so thin they look invisible it sucks. Well obviously there is dutasteride, which isn't a good choice if finasteride ate up your hairline first. Would probably significantly worsen the situation. Anti androgens could be used which should counteract whatever finasteride/dutasteride did to the unlucky 5ar users. Jgray201 is a great example for this. Low/moderate dose spironolactone or Androcur could be used without a big risk of ED and gyno ( I'm on 50mg Androcur and still get errections, no gyno or anything ) . Soon there should also be Brotzu lotion but I won't be surprised if it turns out to be mostly ineffective.

Right now all we really have besides finasteride/dutasteride to preserve hair for many years are anti androgens, this is an unfortunate fact and a major first world problem.

Do you mind if I send you a few pics privately for a better assessment? I'm not really sure myself. Thanks