What Norwood Am I? Help Needed, Pictures Included

Broran

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I've noticed my hair getting thinner (especially frontal hair) about 5 years ago and been using Rogaine for the past 6 months but I need some help to determine what stage I am! I'm 27. My father is around Norwood 3 and in his 50's and his brother has a head full of hair, from my mom's side my uncle is like Norwood 4. All pics are taken with room lighting no flash.

View attachment 121496 View attachment 121492

View attachment 121497 View attachment 121498

crikey1980

Established Member
Reaction score
From the photos looks like a Norwood 1 or 2 but you need to take a hairline pic for me to be sure.

Broran

My Regimen
Reaction score
From the photos looks like a Norwood 1 or 2 but you need to take a hairline pic for me to be sure.
Thanks for the reply and here's a pic of my hairline
View attachment 121564

The thing is I think it's a genetic trait on my father's side to have receded temples, but I hope it just stays this way

Last edited:

Outsider626

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Norwood 2 or 2.5 and it looks like you have diffuse thinning on top based on the last pick you provided.

Broran

My Regimen
Reaction score
You are a solid NW1 with obvious diffuse thinning.
=/ Well I'm hoping the diffuse thinning is due to Telogen Effluvium as I was under a great deal of pressure the past year...and after a couple of emotional shocks I lost like half of my hair....there was a recession in hair line before but it was just that.....I lost hair due to Telogen Effluvium before and it grew back..... I'll hope its the case again!

Michael1986

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What you have looks like the beginnings of male pattern baldness. In your last photo it looks like you have diffuse thinning throughout your Norwood area. If I was in your shoes I would start treating it now before it gets any worse.

Broran

My Regimen
Reaction score
Bad news for me... I'm loosing hairs like crazy every time I shower... Its like I'm raining hairs

Broran

My Regimen
Reaction score
So nizoral and minoxidil would do the trick? Because I'm not planning to use any dht blockers

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So nizoral and minoxidil would do the trick? Because I'm not planning to use any dht blockers

For 3-5 years because no study has data for longer than that. But in my experience people often drop below baseline sooner.

BigOl'BaldingHead

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How sooner?

In around 2 years. But it really depends on your age and the aggressiveness of your balding. I also don't know whether you are able to keep your hair if you do decide to jump on finasteride after 3 years of using minoxidil for example.

lalala88

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dont discard them so early. I was the same as you and took a long time to take finasteride, I just lost ground doing that.
You can check my thread, Ive been documenting my finasteride use and havent had a single issue taking it. You'll take your first pill, think you just took cianide but then nothing is going to happen. Then you'll take the second and third and Itll become like taking a vitamin, and you'll wonder why you were so scared.
If you have issues you can always drop it.

Broran

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dont discard them so early. I was the same as you and took a long time to take finasteride, I just lost ground doing that.
You can check my thread, Ive been documenting my finasteride use and havent had a single issue taking it. You'll take your first pill, think you just took cianide but then nothing is going to happen. Then you'll take the second and third and Itll become like taking a vitamin, and you'll wonder why you were so scared.
If you have issues you can always drop it.
Man it's so much risk for me soo idk I'll just stick with rogaine and nizoral for now... If it works great if it doesn't I'll suck it up....I mean think Tom hanks, John travolta, Jason Statham....I'll just embrace

lalala88

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
well, thats your choice to make, but I just wanted you to be informed, theres not really that much risk.

Broran

My Regimen
Reaction score
well, thats your choice to make, but I just wanted you to be informed, theres not really that much risk.
Man I've seen so much on the internet people complaining about its side effects... especially the sexual ones and honestly I'm a neurotic person