What Norwood Am I Currently? (with Pics)

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score

19, hopefully dutasteride will put me on Norwood 0

Lol, dutasteride would be an over kill. If you are really paranoid about possible hair loss, get on a low dose of finasteride (like .5 mg).

Frankw

My Regimen
Reaction score
Appear to be approaching nw2 but you have no significant "baldness" for a man. If you are shedding lots of short hairs that could be further evidence that you are indeed in the early stages of hairloss.

You know your hair best. I see some slight recession and if you believe you're losing your hair the first step should be finasteride. I wish I would have started treatment back when I only had a mature hairline.

Not much evidence dutasteride is more effective for hairloss and probably greater chance of sides. I would probably start with finasteride. I've been mostly maintaining with 1mg finasteride for 9 years now with no sides.

bryan lee

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Lol, dutasteride would be an over kill. If you are really paranoid about possible hair loss, get on a low dose of finasteride (like .5 mg).

Overkill by what means? Theres a little recession Building in the temple Area and the Baby hair weren't there before
(temples are filled with miniturised black hair, u cant see on pic cuz of lighting)

Dutasteride is the likeliest to regrow them both.

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Overkill by what means? Theres a little recession Building in the temple Area and the Baby hair weren't there before
(temples are filled with miniturised black hair, u cant see on pic cuz of lighting)

Dutasteride is the likeliest to regrow them both.

Because your hair loss is very minor (if any). You would probably have good thickening with finasteride alone. Save dutasteride for when sh*t really hits the fan.

bryan lee

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Not much evidence dutasteride is more effective for hairloss and probably greater chance of sides. I would probably start with finasteride. I've been mostly maintaining with 1mg finasteride for 9 years now with no sides.

I disagree but thanks for ur Input

bryan lee

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Because your hair loss is very minor (if any). You would probably have good thickening with finasteride alone. Save dutasteride for when sh*t really hits the fan.

there 100% is any and
Im not looking for thickening but for regrowth. on both my frontal Hairline and my temples.

I guess I just don't see the Argument against Using the most effective medication right off the bat. Why wait for the Hair to be already gone? I know that it's going to happen so why wait for it?

I couldn't care less about sides . so unless ur saying dutasteride loses it's effect after a couple of years im not convinced

thanks for sharing but I disagree.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
there 100% is any and
Im not looking for thickening but for regrowth. on both my frontal Hairline and my temples.

I guess I just don't see the Argument against Using the most effective medication right off the bat. Why wait for the Hair to be already gone? I know that it's going to happen so why wait for it?

I couldn't care less about sides . so unless ur saying dutasteride loses it's effect after a couple of years im not convinced

thanks for sharing but I disagree.
You are more likely to get regrowth from minoxidil than finasteride. Just hit your hairline with minoxidil like 3 times per day and you will get some regrowth. You might shed first but then it will come back thicker.

bryan lee

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are more likely to get regrowth from minoxidil than finasteride. Just hit your hairline with minoxidil like 3 times per day and you will get some regrowth. You might shed first but then it will come back thicker.

I've actually been on minoxidil for like 3 years and finasterid for 1 but thank you