What Kind Of Hair Loss Is This? (pics Included)

keyer333

My Regimen
Reaction score
So even if i get on to the meds, hair transplant is not good for me??

How about like laser treatements or prp?

And can my thinning be due to inflammation to scalp or dht? Im gonna get a blood test done to see if i lack anywhere

keyer333

My Regimen
Reaction score
some more pics with different lighting and 2 weeks into the hair cut

Please give honest opinion as im really freaking out, thanks
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg
11.jpg

Dutchie

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey, i usually cut #0 fade on the sides, pretty much do bald on the sides
Okay, so I'm gonna be real honest and say there are only 2 options here as far as I can tell:

1. You are losing your hair on top. Thats okay though, because it looks like you're headed for a Norwood 5 which means you'll have tons of donor hair left for a good hair transplant recovery (using density illusion).

2. You might have DUPA or severe retrograde alopecia (I do NOT think you have this however, because especially the DUPA is very rare, and to have that much retrograde alopecia is also not very common).

So my advice is get on both finasteride and MX, wait it out for a coupe of years, and when the time time comes you will have plenty of donor hair to get a really nice result.

See here: https://hassonandwong.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/home001.jpg

keyer333

My Regimen
Reaction score
Okay, so I'm gonna be real honest and say there are only 2 options here as far as I can tell:

1. You are losing your hair on top. Thats okay though, because it looks like you're headed for a Norwood 5 which means you'll have tons of donor hair left for a good hair transplant recovery (using density illusion).

2. You might have DUPA or severe retrograde alopecia (I do NOT think you have this however, because especially the DUPA is very rare, and to have that much retrograde alopecia is also not very common).

So my advice is get on both finasteride and MX, wait it out for a coupe of years, and when the time time comes you will have plenty of donor hair to get a really nice result.

See here: https://hassonandwong.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/home001.jpg
I really appreciate ur honestly, i will get on finasteride and MX right away, fingers crossed. Im just super scared of the side effects

Dutchie

Established Member
Reaction score
Yes i heard it has less side effects, again thanks for your input. Do you currently use Morr F?
Morr F should at the very least keep most of the hair that you have right now.

After 5 to 10 years, I dont know anymore.

Rumor has it even Finasteride doesnt work so well after a few years, and minoxidil only slows things down so much.
So my best advice is go on those 2 drugs, wait it out for a few years, and then maybe start looking at hair transplants.

You really have very few options besides those two

keyer333

My Regimen
Reaction score
Morr F should at the very least keep most of the hair that you have right now.

After 5 to 10 years, I dont know anymore.

Rumor has it even Finasteride doesnt work so well after a few years, and minoxidil only slows things down so much.
So my best advice is go on those 2 drugs, wait it out for a few years, and then maybe start looking at hair transplants.

You really have very few options besides those two
Do u think tropical morr f has the same effects as taking it orally. I would rather do the morr f has i heard its better in sense of side effects but i hope it has the same results as orally. Whats your input?

yayapapaya

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Do u think tropical morr f has the same effects as taking it orally. I would rather do the morr f has i heard its better in sense of side effects but i hope it has the same results as orally. Whats your input?
I heard topical finasteride is useless. But I've never tried myself.

Dutchie

Established Member
Reaction score
Topical will have less side-effects than the pill.

What I would do if I was in your situation is try taking the propecia pill first, if you dont have any serious side-effects then continue using it, but if you do get bad side-effects then try switching to topical finasteride

keyer333

My Regimen
Reaction score
Topical will have less side-effects than the pill.

What I would do if I was in your situation is try taking the propecia pill first, if you dont have any serious side-effects then continue using it, but if you do get bad side-effects then try switching to topical finasteride

Hey, yes thats exactly what im going to do, first try it orally if not then go onto tropical, thanks alot for putting me in the right direction.

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

EndlessPossibilities

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The only side effect that freaks me is the libido and ED, im gonna start with maybe 0.5 and test it out, what u think?

Bro I am on it. I am 26 and my libido took a hit but if the occasion arises. I can get hard easily twice a day np. If anything i makes u else do a horn dog and more of a normal libido person. Lol. Sure .5 is a great start but once u start just know u need to stay on it to see benefits. I didn’t notice any benefits till like 3.5 months in. Hell it made me shed faster but I stuck with it.

But don’t take my advice as professional advice. Speak to a doctor if needed