What Kind Of Attachment System Do I Need?

refuse-to-be-bald

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am buying my first hair system. I am confused about attachment.

1) I am NW6 with 4 transplants.
2) I want to take the piece off everyday.
3) I do not want to shave my hair.
4) My piece will be french lace with skin under left part.

What sort of attachment system should I use?

Thanks!

Noah

Reaction score
Davlyn Clear tape is formulated for daily removal, so you could try that.

If you go to Hair Direct's tape store, you will see that they let you search by the length of hold you want. If you check the "1-3 day" box, you will get several pages of tapes formulated for daily or short-term wear.

Noah

Reaction score
No, they shouldn't stick to your hair. The piece should be an exact match for your bald spot, or fractionally smaller, so the tape should be sticking to bare scalp.

I would say 99% of wearers would tape all the way around the perimeter, for undetectability and a secure hold. But I guess you could just have a few tape spots at the back if you are OK with the possibility of someone putting their hand on your hair and feeling the unattached edge of the piece.

refuse-to-be-bald

My Regimen
Reaction score
The problem is, I have thinning hair and would rather not shave any off. I have no bald spots either. Would I be better off with a glue? Clips? I am no longer in the dating market :)

Thank for your help.

Noah

Reaction score
I understand that this is what the stars of yore did, people like Gene Kelly and Bobby Darin. They kept their remaining thin hair and supplemented it with a piece on the front. That way, they could wear it in public but remove it in private without exposing a shaved area. I guess they would have attached it at the hairline, and just left it loose at the back, kept in place by gravity, or maybe a clip or two.

This technique is well outside my area of knowledge, but I would say you want a different kind of hairpiece altogether for this. The fine lace pieces that I and most guys wear nowadays would not work with biohair growing underneath - it would be visible through the mesh, which would spoil the illusion that the hairpiece hair is growing out of your scalp. You would need one of the more old-fashioned opaque bases.