What I've learned released a new interested youtube video about hair loss

Flounce

My Regimen
Reaction score

He seems to argue scalp tension being a big factor and botox injections relaxing those muscles helped 75% of people regain hair over 10 months. So not 100%, but still why aren't more people talking about this? Also inflammation is talked about a lot and I know modern diets have a big impact on that. Also mentions how the way the jaw develops could be impacting scalp tension which I found interesting as another thing modern diets are doing is leading to our jaws/teeth not developing properly (which is why so many people have crooked teeth these days on a modern diet).

Also mentions the possibility that the lack of oxygen/blood on the scalp is creating an environment on the scalp where dht is favored and thereby expressed in higher levels. He also argues this could be due to inflamation (but also the dht itself could cause inflammation so it could go either way)

This isn't to say genetics aren't a factor, but especially for people who are balding very very young isn't it likely they have all of these issues and should pursue these things?

Edit: Could we not wear a tight headband at night to take tension off the top of the head?

Last edited:

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
He promotes and sells scalp massage devices, consultations and using "science" to confirmation bias his theories to get more customers and striving them away from the proven treatments

He is a salesman (https://perfecthairhealth.com/) pushing his own agenda mostly
If fibrosis and calcification was the cause then HRT would not grow a full head of hair back. But it DOES. No treatment Would grow any hair back not even minoxidill. He says these treatments just make you stop losing hair which is false. Some do get insane regrowth despite this fibrosis and calcification. Hes A gayyyyy

Last edited:

Flamingflaps

Established Member
Reaction score
Definitely quackery. We all wish this stuff worked but it does not. Blood flow and scalp tension theories have been debated and debunked many time over the years. The fact that this Rob guy appears to be making a living off false hope and desperation makes me angry to be honest.

losingbattle88

My Regimen
Reaction score
Definitely quackery. We all wish this stuff worked but it does not. Blood flow and scalp tension theories have been debated and debunked many time over the years. The fact that this Rob guy appears to be making a living off false hope and desperation makes me angry to be honest.
He is a very intelligent con artist, I give him that.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
He is really really good at deceiving tho, if you don't know much about the topic I don't blame people for trusting him. He is calm, collected, presents data in an organized way, etc (which is obviously biased and manipulative to his own agenda). Well, he has literally convinced this famous youtuber that usually exposes useful informative "mini docs" to use his platform for his message... He's the opposite of the boilerplate con artist shiller, so yeah, it works for him.

Mr. Slap Head

My Regimen
Reaction score
He is really really good at deceiving tho, if you don't know much about the topic I don't blame people for trusting him. He is calm, collected, presents data in an organized way, etc (which is obviously biased and manipulative to his own agenda). Well, he has literally convinced this famous youtuber that usually exposes useful informative "mini docs" to use his platform for his message... He's the opposite of the boilerplate con artist shiller, so yeah, it works for him.
He’s a psychopath. Would play a good riddler

Flounce

My Regimen
Reaction score
So is there really no credit to the studies he mentions showing improvement with the botox or scalp massages?

Moz5x

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So is there really no credit to the studies he mentions showing improvement with the botox or scalp massages?
To quote Rob himself, the scalp massage survey data is “very very low on the hierarchy of evidence” and the “mechanism supporting…is speculative”. Of course this is not stated until after 27 minutes in a 30 minute video.

RagnarLothbrok

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
There *might* be some slight benefits from scalp massages and addressing tension but we are talking about a whole pyramid of pathways and literally picking the most useless and unproven one and focusing your whole agenda on it with a paywall...

indie85

Established Member
Reaction score
I remember reading about Botox having some effect on regrowth, but I don't think it works better than existing treatments otherwise everyone would be doing it.