What Is Your Current Hair Loss Treatment Regimen?

Generic question: Do you use Finasteride at the moment?

• Yes

Votes: 34 63.0%
  • No

Votes: 20 37.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Maxxorr

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What is your current hair loss treatment regimen?
Ketoconazole, Bifonazole, Piroctone Olamine
Are you satisfied with the results?
I've just started.
Are you planing to change your regimen in the very near future? (adding, discontinuing, or leave everything as it is)
Yes, I will add topical Finasteride, Dermarolling, + some oils and fats.
And hopefully Setipiprant, Fevipiprant, TM, if the trials are successful. (I wait until the results are published)
What are your (hard-headed) wishes and hopes for the next 3 years?
# Setipiprant and / or CB-03-01
# Hold my status
Anything else? (General thoughts, hair loss philosophy, research and future outlook, Weltschmerz...)
The cure will be here within 5 years.
*lol*

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
hello :)

it's time for a big survey about everything ;):cool:

1. What is your current hair loss treatment regimen?
  2. Are you satisfied with the results?
  3. Are you planing to change your regimen in the very near future? (adding, discontinuing, or leave everything as it is)
  4. What are your (hard-headed) wishes and hopes for the next 3 years?
  5. Anything else? (General thoughts, hair loss philosophy, research and future outlook, Weltschmerz...)
1. Finasteride 1mg daily, Minoxidil 2x daily (not consistent with minoxidil anymore as I don't think it does anything at all for me), Dermastamp occasionally.
2. Not at all. I started treatments with minimal hair loss. Hair loss has continued over the 3.5 years since starting treatments. Started NW2 at 20 yrs old, no loss in density. NW3 now, horrible density, losing hair in donor zone as well at 23 yrs old (nearly 24). Was just expecting maintenance, didn't happen. Hair loss doesn't run in my family before 40s so don't know where I'd be without it.
3. Maybe RU but haven't heard anything that great about it, so probably nope. Stuck with these treatments for nearly 2 years without changing anything and things were just continuing to get worse. Have dropped finasteride for a few months, no difference, have added dutasteride no difference, dermarolled/dermastamped no difference. Hair continues to get worse.
4. I hope something new comes out, I look awful with my head even buzzed cuz of my head shape so just have to use concealers for now. May have to go the hair piece route soon.
5. Treatments have all been sh*t for me. One positive is my sex drive has been pretty high on finasteride.

dralex

My Regimen
Reaction score
Next stop for you is dutasteride. If that fails, dutasteride + RU58841. That has an almost guarantee of success. By the time you've trialed that for a year or two, topical darolutamide will be cheaper and more broadly available, so you can consider that your last resort.
I've used dutasteride for 3 months. I know that isn't enough time, but experienced no shed and continued to lose at the same rate. Got sides after 2.5 months on it so ended up quitting. Initially had increased sex drive on it, like insanely increased, but then over time it faded and completely reversed. Never tried RU. Haven't heard of much success with RU.

And after quitting duta it took a while for my sex drive to feel normal again, like almost 3 months. Right now it is sky-high on just finasteride. Not willing to go through that sh*t again. Don't like how the half-life is insanely high. Have a girlfriend right now and we f*** like 4-5 times a day, so don't think she would like if my dick just stopped working.

Pacey123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
1. finasteride 1.25mg/day
minoxidil 2-3ml at night
Shampoo with Pirocton Olamine/ED
Shampoo with Ketoconazole/E7D
2. In a year of minoxidil and 9 months on finasteride I'm finally to the point where my hair is awesome. And it keeps getting better and better.
3. Not going to tweak anything since it's fine as it is, except of course something groundbreaking comes out

5. There's one thing i want to say, I've had many ups and downs regarding my hair and i belive people with even more noticable hairloss than me don't use the medication long enough to be satisfied. It took me with my hairloss nearly a year. So i think people with NW3 and worse might need a couple of years but throw the towel after a couple of months.

Almsoo7

My Regimen
Reaction score
1. 5% Minoxidil twice a day
2. Adenosine shampoo
3. 1.5mm dermastamp on frontal scalp once a week
4. Previously on Vichy Dercos stemoxydine for 3 months before running out of supply. Going to restart in Nov as I found some results with it.
5 Just started on scalp massage 15min once a day. Testing this after reading reviews by people and also this Japanese study thay showed that hair thickness increased after months of scalp massage.

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
5 Just started on scalp massage 15min once a day. Testing this after reading reviews by people and also this Japanese study thay showed that hair thickness increased after months of scalp massage.

Yeah, I saw this too. Usually very sceptical of stuff like this but will give it a go due to the study.

Almsoo7

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yup no harm trying, just take up that 15 minutes massaging. But the study was based on twice a day, though I'm doing it once a day as it is too rush in the morning. The study mentioned that the mechanical action of massaging sort of stimulated the cells to upregulate hair growth factors and downregulated hair inhibition factors, which they proved it by measuring the cellular or blood concentration or these chemicals.

Eren

Established Member
Reaction score
If you respond well to finasteride then yes, if not then its a gamble.

Don't know if I responded well. I did not get any regrowth so I guess I am an average responder.

Recently, I did find a seemingly trustworthy website where I can order minoxidil foam. I am only going to use minoxidil on my left temple or the crown. If that helps, I am going try it on my entire scalp.

I am a diffuser. I am still not certain whether to get the foam version or the liquid version of minoxidil. Can you recommend one over the other based on perhaps your own experience?

Maxxorr

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I am a diffuser. I am still not certain whether to get the foam version or the liquid version of minoxidil. Can you recommend one over the other based on perhaps your own experience?

#MeToo (*lol* ^^)
Get the foam. it's way easier to apply than the shitty liquid which will run down your forehead. Very annoying.

Last edited:

MarkthehairWizard

My Regimen
Reaction score

3. Are you planing to change your regimen in the very near future? (adding, discontinuing, or leave everything as it is)
  5. Anything else? (General thoughts, hair loss philosophy, research and future outlook, Weltschmerz...)

1. The Monat Renew Hydration Shampoo and Restore Leave-in Conditioner. The products are completely natural and free of Parabens and Sulfates. This has significantly slowed/ended hair loss.
2. Satisfied
3. Do not plan on changing unless results change
4. Keep my hair!

abarthoso

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not a single soul who is using laser combs? man, I wish I'd saved my hard earned money on this one...

Maxxorr

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Just started topical finasteride, thinking of going to oral.
At what concentration?

Funkymonk1

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Finasteride 1mg daily.
Regenpure Dr shampoo or Nizoral 3 times a week.
Occasionally use Regenpure conditioner if my hair is dry and salt spray to style and make my hair look thicker.

Been doing this close to 2 years and I've maintained what I had at the start and even some visible regrowth! Needless to say I'm pretty pleased with the results. I don't see any need for minoxidil personally.

Sijac09

My Regimen
Reaction score

1/ 1MG Propecia daily
2/ Not really so far- may of got slight thickening but can take up to a year to see results. Been taking Propecia 7 months so far.
3/Just ordered Monoxidil so will be starting this next week- will only be able to do this evenings though.
4/Hoping I get my hairline improves and fill my crown area with what I'm taking currently. Giving this another 6 months before I consider Fue with Dr Erdogan. I'm saving anyway just in case but will be looking to book in for end of year if I see no results
5/The things we do to keep our hair lol.