What Is The Secret? hair transplant Surgeons Refuse To Do My Original Hairline

Seven32

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have about NW3. My current front hairline is 2-3 cm above its original place.
A week ago I visiting one famous hair transplant surgeon for surgery, and during discussion of the new hairline he drew suggested hairline, which was much above my original hairline and more straight. I was not satisfied and he asked me to draw desirable hairline by myself. I draw it, and my line was exactly in its original place (I can find it if I wrinkle my forehead), which is lower and have curly corners (not right corners as surgeon drew).

Surgeon said me:
Dr: It is not natural looking hairline, I never will do it.
Me: How it is not natural if it my original place of hairline? It was created by nature.
Dr: No, it does not looking natural.
Me: OK, you can think it does not look natural, but I am paying money. Can you do this hairline?
Dr: No, never. I don't want kill you, you will suffer your whole life.
Me: Why? Is there any technical reason?
Dr: No technical reasons. I can do any hairline. But this hariline is "Micky mouse style", not natural looking. And you will not have enough donor hair for future surgery on crown .
Me: Crown is not such important for me, front hairline is more important. Can you do hairline as I drew?
Dr: No, my reputation is important for me, I will not do unnatural looking hairline.
Me: I will not have any claim if you do hairline as I asking. I will be happy. I can never say nobody that you did it surgery if you think it is bad for you reputation. I can sign any paper about confidence.
Dr: No, I will not do it.

So, I was very upset. I was waiting and preparing for this surgery a long time, spent money for flight tickets and hotel. And I have nothing finally.
Now I am contacting another surgeon and I am discussing desirable hairline in advance. Unfotunately, the same problems appeared. This surgeon also say the same words "this hairline not looking natural", "my design is right corners", "hairline is too low", etc. etc...

So, my question - what is the secret? Why hair transplant surgeons do not want do hairline in its original place? Why they do not want do curly forehead corners, but want do right corners? What is the reason? Is it any technical reason? Why they don't explain it? Is it country-specific thing (both surgeons from the same country)?

Last edited:

Jack Ito

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What you're trying to accomplish is too optimistic for someone suffering from male pattern baldness. You're a Norwood 3 so your hairloss is almost guaranteed to progress further at some stage in later life. Using your precious donor hair to recreate a juvenile hairline is ridiculous.. nobody has a natural, low hairline past their 20's so I completely agree with the surgeon on this. I think you need to realise that you're disagreeing and faulting with someone who does this as a profession and career. They are going to know what hairline will suit you best because they repeat the same process on different individuals daily. I will simplify this for you. If you make the stupid decision of recreating your old, low hairline from a Norwood 3.. you will use approximately 3000-4000 grafts (depending on the density). This potentially leaves you with another 4000 for future procedures to reconstruct the further recession/thinning you're 100% going to experience in years to come. So 4000 on the Hairline and 4000 to cover the rest of your head? Sounds good to me mate, your hair will look amazing bro!!

Joking, stop f*****g around and listen to the surgeon who actually knows what they're talking about. Because by the sounds of things, you haven't a clue pal.Think you need to do some more research on transplants and the industry before you disrespect another surgeon.

Seven32

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're a Norwood 3 so your hairloss is almost guaranteed to progress further at some stage in later life. Using your precious donor hair to recreate a juvenile hairline is ridiculous..

I understand this - but this is my decision to restore original hairline (crown is not important for me), why surgeon can not do what I want? When you go to have haircut, not barber but it is you who say how your haircut should be.

stop f*****g around

I am not doing what you saying. I just suspect there is another reason, which surgeons keep in secret and do not uncover.

nobody has a natural, low hairline past their 20's
This is not true. I know many old age persons who does not suffer from hair loss and have their original hairline.

Last edited:

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude... that sounds like a VERY ethical doctor.
He refused to do it because it involved what he thought was an unnatural hairline, but also because you won't have donor density for a future transplant, which IMO you will need.

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
[QUOTE="
Dr: No, never. I don't want kill you, you will suffer your whole life.
[/QUOTE]

Bro listen to him! And spend a few months on research before going gung-ho into a transplant.

Ask questions, even the dumbest ones. The community here is very helpful

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Post some photos, it's impossible to guess. There was someone here who wanted an extreemely low hairline and for all we know you might be him.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Post some pics of both your original hairline, and your hairline now with what you want drawn on. I'm curious what this unnatural hairline looks like

countjulian

My Regimen
Reaction score
Dude if you can get to a Norwood 2 be happy, very few people have Norwood 0's at 30, even many women lose a little in their 30's, the last thing you want people to think is that you got a hair transplant. I've seen perfect, straight teen pop-idol hairlines on guys in their late 30's and 40's and my first thought is always "wow that guy probably got a transplant."

JeanLucBB

My Regimen
Reaction score
The dude posted this on another forum. The hairline he drew on for himself looked ABSOLUTELY f*****g retarded. Nothing to do with a conservative doctor, his hairline he drew looked literally like a long c*** in the middle and some balls at juvenile hairline level. Post it Seven so everyone can see how retarded you are and stop wasting their time listening to your bs.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
The dude posted this on another forum. The hairline he drew on for himself looked ABSOLUTELY f*****g retarded. Nothing to do with a conservative doctor, his hairline he drew looked literally like a long c*** in the middle and some balls at juvenile hairline level. Post it Seven so everyone can see how retarded you are and stop wasting their time listening to your bs.

Like this?
youdoodle-2017-11-16T14-49-35Z.png

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
Am I allowed to paste it from the other forum? It's just his forehead with the line drawn on.

If it is publicly visible, yes.
If you can only see the picture if logged on the forum, it's not very cool.

Roberto_72

My Regimen
Reaction score
this made me laugh a bit because I wonder what the surgeon must have thought

razzmatazz91

My Regimen
Reaction score
this made me laugh a bit because I wonder what the surgeon must have thought

The surgeon called it a "Mickey mouse style" hairline (see OP).

Yeah. That hairline would have been silly. Not to mention he wouldn't have grafts left for a future transplant, at least if he went with FUE.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Seven, how old are you?

BaldyBalderBald

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
It might be his juvenile hairline back in the day, impossible to achieve and almost no one is walking with that kind of hairline at this age OP, i agree with the surgeon, too much grafts needed and you'll look retarded

Freaking impossible

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score

I'm DYING, probably one of the funniest posts on this site.