What Is The Best Way To Trim From Of Thin Skin

GeorgeW1960

My Regimen
Reaction score
I got a new one today. It has about 3/8 extra thin skin in front. How much should I cut off and should I use straight scissors or zig zag ones. Thanks for your help

Noah

Reaction score
I would say leave about a millimetre in front of the first hair. If by "zigzag scissors" you mean pinking scissors that tailors use, I would not recommend those. Small sharp scissors like nail scissors are the best, or a sharp new craft knife. If you plan to use glue on your hairline, and you are of an artistic disposition, you can cut subtle irregularities into the hairline contour. I know a few guys who do that. At your own risk though!

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi George. I regularly snip away at my UTS on the hairline. It's part of the maintenance needed, as hairs shed and leave excess skin at the hairline.

Buy a pair of small, straight nail scissors. They cost a few £ online, try to go for the sharpest ones you can find. Then be very delicate when cutting the excess skin off. Go for a scalloped / zig-zag design. Never go for a straight cut as this will be an immediate give-away when people notice.

And to back up what Noah said, it's great if you can cut away at the skin so that the hairline is irregular, which is more realistic. You can look at the pics I put up a little while ago - I've been hacking away at the hairline on it :)

GeorgeW1960

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi George. I regularly snip away at my UTS on the hairline. It's part of the maintenance needed, as hairs shed and leave excess skin at the hairline.

Buy a pair of small, straight nail scissors. They cost a few £ online, try to go for the sharpest ones you can find. Then be very delicate when cutting the excess skin off. Go for a scalloped / zig-zag design. Never go for a straight cut as this will be an immediate give-away when people notice.

And to back up what Noah said, it's great if you can cut away at the skin so that the hairline is irregular, which is more realistic. You can look at the pics I put up a little while ago - I've been hacking away at the hairline on it :)
How can I access those pics?

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Attachments

• 20200920_115326.jpg
    20200920_115326.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 114

GeorgeW1960

My Regimen
Reaction score
Fantastic. I just cut my front like that. What adhesive do you use? And do you put a silk cap on at night?