What is the best way to show/tell your dating partner that you are bald?

YoungBalder15

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Shouting and saying that I am bald can surprise her and creep her.
So what's the best strategy to talk about baldness for the first time?
1. Best way to reveal to a date you are talking to online?
2. Best way to reveal when you have been wearing hat to hide baldness?

1653750825204.png
1653751006385.png

Attachments

• 1653750806328.png
    1653750806328.png
    186.1 KB · Views: 54

mald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is why you don't hide it to begin with imo. Because then you have to go through this sh*t. If you just openly show your baldness from the get-go, then if a female agrees to date you, you will already know she is fine with your baldness. What's the argument for hiding the baldness? That it gives you a chance to get your foot in the door and make a good impression before you reveal it? I guess I can see that, but I'm not sure how often it actually works in practice. We need studies on bald mating strategies. Until then, I'd stick with the lower stress approach tbh, but you do you.

YoungBalder15

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is why you don't hide it to begin with imo. Because then you have to go through this sh*t. If you just openly show your baldness from the get-go, then if a female agrees to date you, you will already know she is fine with your baldness. What's the argument for hiding the baldness? That it gives you a chance to get your foot in the door and make a good impression before you reveal it? I guess I can see that, but I'm not sure how often it actually works in practice. We need studies on bald mating strategies. Until then, I'd stick with the lower stress approach tbh, but you do you.
You are right. I will not hide it, that's why I am asking for advice.
I met a girl online. She likes me. We did video chat but I had a hat on. I still did not tell I am bald. What is the best way to introduce this?

If I take of my hat and shout "Look I am bald!" it may creep her out or reject me.

YoungBalder15

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Good, just casually drop your hat on the second date. Don't even bring up the baldness topic, you must show her that you're comfortable with it so you act like it's nothing and ignore it.
How dropping the hat and making a joke about baldness?
"The more hair I lose, the more head I get"
balf.png

notsohairymon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since you only wore the hat on the first date and not every date (which I think would make her wonder anyway) just go without the hat on the 2nd date and see how it goes. I think if she really likes the whole you that will go a lot better than "telling her" which makes far more of an issue of it. It's simply that you wore a hat, not that you're saying its a hair system, etc.

BelfastBilly

My Regimen
Reaction score
I suspect you have a far bigger problem with your hair loss than she will - she will have a bigger problem with your awkwardness about your hair than she will about your hair, in fact, she is probably more concerned with her own looks and insecurities than she is your looks - be cool about it and don't mention it, just don't conceal it, if she doesn't like you because you have hair loss then she is shallow and you can do much better my friend.

YoungBalder15

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Since you only wore the hat on the first date and not every date (which I think would make her wonder anyway) just go without the hat on the 2nd date and see how it goes. I think if she really likes the whole you that will go a lot better than "telling her" which makes far more of an issue of it. It's simply that you wore a hat, not that you're saying its a hair system, etc.
How to minimize chance of rejection if she finds out I am bald?

Regan

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Joke was funny, I reacted. Would be better if you gave some real advice.

Online, I think it's important to include pictures that reflect what you presently look like. Otherwise potential partners may feel like you're being dishonest when they see you IRL. So I'd include at least a few pictures reflecting your current hair situation.

IRL, if you're wearing a hat while on a date, I think the woman probably suspects that you may be losing hair. So I'd just casually show up on the next date without the hat, and pretend that it's nothing. Don't say anything about it unless she asks. I think that move would make for the most confident / positive vibes and would work best.

notsohairymon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How to minimize chance of rejection if she finds out I am bald?
What I'm telling you to do is simply not say nor point out you're bald, just go on the 2nd date without the hat and see how it goes. The fact that you have a 2nd date means she has some interest in you as you were. Let your personality shine, show interest in her (beyond just her looks/body obviously) and if it will be, it will be. The fact that you only wore the hat on the first date means it's likely she's not thinking anything of it yet beyond being a "cool fashion choice" or something. The thing is not to keep wearing the hat where it starts to become something to wonder about and not point out your baldness yourself and look awkward as someone else said after me. Good luck!

Ajamilo

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
What I'm telling you to do is simply not say nor point out you're bald, just go on the 2nd date without the hat and see how it goes. The fact that you have a 2nd date means she has some interest in you as you were. Let your personality shine, show interest in her (beyond just her looks/body obviously) and if it will be, it will be. The fact that you only wore the hat on the first date means it's likely she's not thinking anything of it yet beyond being a "cool fashion choice" or something. The thing is not to keep wearing the hat where it starts to become something to wonder about and not point out your baldness yourself and look awkward as someone else said after me. Good luck!
This.
Reveal to her slowly on the second date. But i guess it would be weird to have hat on the second date too. i would have been suspicious if i was her. Anyways good luck bro and update us :)

notsohairymon

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This.
Reveal to her slowly on the second date. But i guess it would be weird to have hat on the second date too. i would have been suspicious if i was her. Anyways good luck bro and update us :)

I think she may have had some suspicions with the hat but she is going for a 2nd date and I think as long as the hat was that one time it won't be an issue.

mald

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think she may have had some suspicions with the hat but she is going for a 2nd date and I think as long as the hat was that one time it won't be an issue.