What Is Remy Hair And What Hair Replacement Companies Offer It?

Steve Marz

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi everyone again:

I am just curious what exactly is REMY hair because I was reading a post on YouTube about a online hair replacement customer talking about REMY hair and that most places lie when they claim to have it and which online companies in anyone's experience really offer REMY hair as opposed to just saying it and lying to there customers. Thanks everyone again.

Last edited:

Noah

Reaction score
Remy hair is hair which is all aligned in the direction in which it grew - all the scalp ends at one side of the swatch. So the collection process has to be more careful. If the hair is collected like that, it is not necessary to remove the cuticle (the microscopic scales on the outside of the hair shaft). If hair is not remy, and hairs which naturally grew in opposite directions are all mixed together, then the cuticle has to be removed, because the cuticles are one-directional, and would cause the hair to get matted and tangled.

Remy hair is supposed to last longer, and it may well be worth spending extra on if you are a woman (or indeed a man) looking for a long swatch of hair for extensions or a fake ponytail. But I don't think remy hair has much application to men's hairpieces for this reason: Our pieces are ventilated in such a way that one strand of hair makes two hairs on the piece. The knot is in the middle of the strand. So if the strand were remy hair, the two hairs coming out of each knot would be going in opposite directions, and you would get tangling. So the hair used on our pieces has to have the cuticle removed, and cannot be remy hair.

I am BSing here to some extent, because I am not in the industry and I don't have any first-hand experience of these issues, but I think this must be right. So anyone talking about remy hair in the context of a short haired men's system is probably engaging in a bit of meaningless puff.

allanzz

My Regimen
Reaction score
In my opinion, remy hair has correct directions of hair ends and hair roots, also remy hair hasn't been removed cuticles.
Some hair companies did make fake advertisement of remy hair and virgin hair, or describe Indian hair as European hair.
Most of toupees are made of normal Indian hair(mixed hair roots and hair ends, using acid to remove cuticles).
Virgin hair is the best hair, it has cuticles and hasn't been dyed, sometimes you can see the hair split clearly. Then remy hair.
Of course it is hard to recognise these hair types if not experienced enough.
The best hair I've ever seen is European virgin hair, very fine and soft, hair looks shinning, very very nice.
There is very few companies in market sell REAL remy hair, virgin hair and European hair, of course the price is expensive.