what is CB0301' condition now?

alex85

Established Member
Reaction score
When he said inhibiting, he probably meant inhibition of the production of DHT. Systemically, this is a huge problem because of side effects. The way to go would be to block DHT by occupying androgen receptors locally selectively, e.g. in the scalp. That way, you could keep your body's 5ar (5 alpha reductase, which produces the DHT) untouched, while still eliminiating the negative effects of DHT selectively in your scalp.

Finasteride, for example, inhibits DHT (production) by occupying 5ar, preventing T from docking to 5ar. T docked to 5ar is being converted by 5ar to DHT. The problem is that finasteride, the active ingredient of propecia, works systemically and thus also shuts down DHT production in your testicles, for example. And you dont want that.
<------this:punk:

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
When he said inhibiting, he probably meant inhibition of the production of DHT. Systemically, this is a huge problem because of side effects. The way to go would be to block DHT by occupying androgen receptors locally selectively, e.g. in the scalp. That way, you could keep your body's 5ar (5 alpha reductase, which produces the DHT) untouched, while still eliminiating the negative effects of DHT selectively in your scalp.

Finasteride, for example, inhibits DHT (production) by occupying 5ar, preventing T from docking to 5ar. T docked to 5ar is being converted by 5ar to DHT. The problem is that finasteride, the active ingredient of propecia, works systemically and thus also shuts down DHT production in your testicles, for example. And you dont want that.
i thought dht was produced at the local site( local tissues ) only, not from the testicles itself, or am i wrong? is dht a paracrine or autocrine hormone?

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
DHT is locally produced, but at many sites. For example, the scalp, the testicles, and also your leg and chest skin (which is why you develop hair there as a grown adult), and I guess some more. Some DHT is also given into your serum, but I don't know how much. However, systemic DHT seems to have no or only a negligible effect on Androgenetic Alopecia/male pattern baldness; the cuplrit is the scalp-local DHT.

The problem is that a systemic drug like finasteride will affect all local sites. Not only the scalp, but also your testicles and also the skin where you'd otherwise develop hair. There is a website of some twins, both suffering from Androgenetic Alopecia, but one being on finasteride and the other one not. The twin who is on finasteride got way less body hair than the one who is not taking finasteride.

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
so when they say that finasteride inhibits 50 60 % dht is it just the serum level or in the tissues or both??

benjt

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I assume both, as a) serum DHT is supplied by your man-parts and b) finasteride probably leads to identical relative decrease in all sites where it works.

Some fictional, completely made up numbers as an example:
Serum DHT pre-finasteride: 10
Serum DHT post-finasteride: 4

Scalp DHT pre-finasteride: 30
Scalp DHT post-finasteride: 12

In both cases, you have a decrease by 60%, though with different absolute numbers.

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
okay. . . cool!! got schooled today :D. . . thanks man have a good day.

btw someone was saying that RU is more potent than CB ie if both are applied , RU will win the competition to occupy the androgen receptor? is it true?

and how do we know CB is as good as finasteride as many claim? were there any studies?

resu

Reaction score
okay. . . cool!! got schooled today :D. . . thanks man have a good day.

btw someone was saying that RU is more potent than CB ie if both are applied , RU will win the competition to occupy the androgen receptor? is it true?

and how do we know CB is as good as finasteride as many claim? were there any studies?

It's all conjecture based on anecdotal testimonials, wait for Cosmo to share the first Phase results using their own custom vehicle.

isishearmyplea

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It's all conjecture based on anecdotal testimonials, wait for Cosmo to share the first Phase results using their own custom vehicle.
okay a lot of people swear by ru . . . and have seen results. . . but cb?? nobody has had results maybe because of absence an apt vehicle, but then why the hell people thinjk cb is as good as finasteride, there has to be a reason/study.

cthulhu2.0

Established Member
Reaction score
I don't understand why people are saying that they don't have the vehicle for hairloss yet, can someone elaborate. I would imagine that the vehicle used for acne would be suitable for hairloss as well, unless its that strange ionotrophesis method.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
I would imagine that the vehicle used for acne would be suitable for hairloss as well, unless its that strange ionotrophesis method.

We may be able to learn a thing or two from their acne vehicle, but considering it will be in a cream form, I doubt it will do us much good.

JZA70

Banned
Reaction score
Reaction score
[h=2]Cosmo announces successful conclusion of acne Phase II trial and agreement with Valeant to continue developing CB-03-01 in house[/h]http://www.cosmopharmaceuticals.com/news/press/2014/2014-07-08.aspx

HairShocka

Reaction score
I'm fairly optimistic about CB and can't wait for more info about this. While we wait for a topical CB, are there any other ways to locally inhibit DHT production on the scalp to halt loss?

Do any of you think any of the below will work? and if I should create a different thread for this. let me know and I will.

1. saw palmetto extrac, zinc, selenium, palmitic acid, stearic acid, oleic acid, linoleic acid, lycopene pumpkin seed oil blend

2. flutamide

3. equol

4. spironolactone

5. cetrizine

6. ketoconazole

Also, I am thinking about doing a light dermaroll for better absorption. Would any of the above be detrimental to my health with systemic absorption? I think I've read that spironolactone would be very bad to use after a dermaroll.

scientist_0005

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try 4 years.

Cosmo Pharmaceuticals thought the dozens of products out on the market for acne weren't enough so they decided to release CB-03-01 for acne first and postponed the AA topical for another 2 years. Originally it was supposed to be out by around 2016. 2018 is the more likely date.

Nothing to be satisfied about... clearly the company is run by some incredibly STUPID people.
this is meme worthy, try 10 years hellouser. actually, maybe even 12 years, i think cassiopea might break the world record for slowest progression through clinical trials of a product, even more impressive that the actual compound is already fda approved. this is history in the making

this is absolutely amazing and should prove to anyone that a better treatment than finasteride and minoxidil is not possible by 2030, maybe even 2035. but i strongly believe that 2040 will be a year where we have a better maintenance treatment.

5minutesbeforemiracle

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
This is absolutely amazing and should prove to anyone that a better treatment than finasteride and minoxidil is not possible by 2030, maybe even 2035. but i strongly believe that 2040 will be a year where we have a better maintenance treatment.
You should revoke the "scientist" part of your username.

poopfeast420

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
this is meme worthy, try 10 years hellouser. actually, maybe even 12 years, i think cassiopea might break the world record for slowest progression through clinical trials of a product, even more impressive that the actual compound is already fda approved. this is history in the making

this is absolutely amazing and should prove to anyone that a better treatment than finasteride and minoxidil is not possible by 2030, maybe even 2035. but i strongly believe that 2040 will be a year where we have a better maintenance treatment.
Why wouldn't an AR degrader, Bayer, etc come out in the next 9 years? The incompetency of a dogshit Italian pharma startup is not relevant to what can come out before 2030.