What is a good everyday shampoo?

G

I use Nizoral evry three days and am still getting itching in my scalp - I am wondering what would be a good, gentle shampoo to use on the days I am not using Nizoral.

Was thinking about getting T-Gel Can I use as an everyday shampoo?

HelpMyHair!

Reaction score
i use everyday Head and shoulders shampoo if you has long or beatiful hair it can make it feel healthy, you should try this.

My hair << is not looking so good (old age Haha!)

HairlossTalk

Reaction score
Our moderator here - Cassin - swears up and down, and even drives me crazy with emails and instant messages begging me to tell people about "Jason Thin to Thick Shampoo". He really loves it and swears by it. I have been too busy to look in to it yet, but thats the word from someone who knows his stuff (Cassin).

http://www.jason-natural.com/products/thin_to_thick.php

HairLossTalk.com

Cassin

Reaction score
lol

Keep in mind if your skin is overly sensitive you might want to ease into Jason thin to thick. It has both alpha and beta hydroxy acid's so it cleans away some of the junk on your scalp from various tropicals and hairsprays/gels etc (just like salicylic acid, aka T/SAL).

My hair always feels clean and healthy after I use it since it rinses away so clean.

I rotate it with AVEDA pure abundance and Nizoral but I could easily just use Jason's everyday.

http://www.aveda.com/templates/products ... D=PROD7236

Reaction score
My hair and more importantly my scalp have never felt so good since I have been using Nizoral twice a week and T-Gel about 3-4 times a week. Nizoral however couldn't cut it alone, i have seen a huge difference with T-gel.

Redbone

Reaction score
The new and updated forms of Nioxin are the shits... They come in beggining stages of thinning and later stagging of thinning- choose one that suits you. I use the beggining stages and it works excellent, have not had the need to bump up to the advanced stage shampoo $ cond.

Try it these were both recently re-designed.

Also Rusk hair thickening shampoo has worked great for me.

The Gardener

Reaction score
Another vote here for Infusium 23. If you require an especially gentle shampoo, Paul Mitchell Shampoo 1 is excellent.

Never tried Jasons thin to thick, but from what you have just mentioned about the ingredients, I am intrigued. Cassin always has had great shampoo tips to share, he's the one who led me to Infusium, which I have enjoyed using even though Cassin has moved onto other products.

Cassin

Reaction score
My hair always seems to lose the cosmetic effect of whatever product I use so I have to mix it up and keep rotating to keep the follicles looking pretty.

One thing about Jason's, it is organic so it doesn't later very well, but it is very cheap (unlike aveda which costs about $40 for 2 months worth) and a very solid product. My rotation is something like Jason's, Nizoral, then Aveda for 2 days when I remember. I have gotten a bit sloppy with my regimen as of late.

Next time your in my area Gardener, send me a pm and I will tell you what stores sell Jason's.

jimjohn

Established Member
Reaction score
re

hey those of u guys that use t/gel, which one do u use. i saw many different kinds of neutrogena t/gel's. do u guys use the therapeutic shampoo that controls tyhe systems of: dandruff, seborrheic dermatitis, psoriasis. or do u use the dandruff shampoo? thanks.

misterium

Reaction score
I use Nizoral 2x weekly, and once a week (usually the night before an A.M. Nizoral wash) I will use T/Sal. I have been rotating in 2x weekly, a shampooing of T/Gel 'Stubborn Itch Control' formula, to relieve my scalp of some irritation as of late. Other days I just use Shampoo 1 by Paul Mitchell.

I'm going to probably get a Jason's shampoo to throw into my mix.

Cassin

Reaction score
misterium said:
I use Nizoral 2x weekly, and once a week (usually the night before an A.M. Nizoral wash) I will use T/Sal. I have been rotating in 2x weekly, a shampooing of T/Gel 'Stubborn Itch Control' formula, to relieve my scalp of some irritation as of late. Other days I just use Shampoo 1 by Paul Mitchell.

You might be over doing it!

Also, you should not use T/SAL and Jason's together.

Cassin

Reaction score
SE-freak said:
CassinCassin said:
Why is that?

One is both an alpha and beta hydroxy acid (salicylic acid), Jason's. The other a strong beta hydroxy acid, T/SAL. This is redundant and possibly overkill.

Too harsh to rotate on a regular basis.

misterium

Reaction score
Cassin said:
misterium said:

You might be over doing it!

Thanks, perhaps you're right.. maybe my rotation currently is causing me itch.. I am going to skip my Nizoral day tomorrow (Friday) and try going all the way til next Friday before using it again and going back into rotation with only that.

I will skip the Jason's, keep my T/Sal and use it once every 2 weeks, keep my Nizoral 2x weekly, and then use a gentle shampoo on 'off days'... do you think this is a good idea or should I drop the T/Sal and use the T/Gel 1x weekly instead? I'm about to be 28 and I have a good head of hair except my thinning crown (still in good shape overall, but scalp is showing in some spots towards the vertex/crown). So basically I'm trying my best to devise a regimen fit for a king and to recondition my scalp.

I may add InFlamil too!

misterium

Reaction score
any comments on how to improve my regimen ?