What Happens When You Become A Nw7 Young

shookwun

Reaction score
Location makes a huge difference.

but on average, even if its male dominated or difficult you will still manage to get at minimum 1 date a week if you are reasonably attractive.
A friend of mine who is pretty good looking recently visited me. He is white, 6'1, NW1, good face, excellent physique and has an accent that melts girls hearts as soon as he opens his mouth. He gets frequent tinder matches in his city and has no trouble meeting women in general. But in my city his tinder match count dropped to just one match in 4 days. Exactly the same as mine. He was shocked at the difference.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
What city are you in?

The tinder algorithm is weird and i'm sure his problem was that he moved locations without logging out and logging back in - that can really mess up how the matches work - don't ask me why.

I live in Oklahoma City right now.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is that all cowboys and rednecks?

No, it's not. Although, there are some. But that's just part of the culture. I have even been to some rodeos. I appreciate cultural variations, as long as they are not detrimental to society.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
No, it's not. Although, there are some. But that's just part of the culture. I have even been to some rodeos. I appreciate cultural variations, as long as they are not detrimental to society.
Have you ever seen a black cowboy?

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
It would just amuse me.

There's a massive cultural difference between those two ethnicities in the south.

But you will always get the odd white guy who assimilates into black culture and vice versa.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
It would just amuse me.

There's a massive cultural difference between those two ethnicities in the south.

But you will always get the odd white guy who assimilates into black culture and vice versa.

Not just between blacks and whites though. Asians living in the US have massive differences two. In fact, there are massive differences within Asian community as well. For example, South Asians are culturally very different from East Asians. Even within South Asians there is a massive difference. For example, North Indians are culturally very different from South Indians. Look closer and you will find differences within North Indians as well. It's very natural and expected.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Not just between blacks and whites though. Asians living in the US have massive differences two. In fact, there are massive differences within Asian community as well. For example, South Asians are culturally very different from East Asians. Even within South Asians there is a massive difference. For example, North Indians are culturally very different from South Indians. Look closer and you will find differences within North Indians as well. It's very natural and expected.
You're Indian, aren't you?

In the UK we have a lot of Indians from the Northern regions of India, Bangledesh, and Pakistan. Its normal to see brown faces amongst white faces in most of our cities, but I imagine its very different in America.

Most of this is down to colonialism and Indians moving to the UK because of the common wealth (amongst other factors).

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
You're Indian, aren't you?

In the UK we have a lot of Indians from the Northern regions of India, Bangledesh, and Pakistan. Its normal to see brown faces amongst white faces in most of our cities, but I imagine its very different in America.

Most of this is down to colonialism and Indians moving to the UK because of the common wealth (amongst other factors).

Yes I am an Indian. In the US depending on the region, you can see many brown faces as well. Not necessarily Indians, but there is a huge population of Asians and Hispanics in the US. In places like NY, LA, San Francisco, urban Texas browns are everywhere. But in Oklahoma, I mostly see whites. States like Oregon, Washington, Vermont have even greater percentage of whites than Oklahoma.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes I am an Indian. In the US depending on the region, you can see many brown faces as well. Not necessarily Indians, but there is a huge population of Asians and Hispanics in the US. In places like NY, LA, San Francisco, urban Texas browns are everywhere. But in Oklahoma, I mostly see whites. States like Oregon, Washington, Vermont have even greater percentage of whites than Oklahoma.
Do you feel like there is an ethnicity hierarchy?

In the UK it is probably:
Whites
Asian (Chinese, Korean etc)
Eastern European
Black people
Indian
Arabs

Its awful really but you see all sorts of discrimination in terms of employment, housing, dating and so on.

You don't have to answer if you don't want - its just something that interests me.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
Do you feel like there is an ethnicity hierarchy?

In the UK it is probably:
Whites
Asian (Chinese, Korean etc)
Eastern European
Black people
Indian
Arabs

Its awful really but you see all sorts of discrimination in terms of employment, housing, dating and so on.

You don't have to answer if you don't want - its just something that interests me.

I have been living in the US for around 12 years. For the most part I have lived in Oklahoma. I have spent over two years in Texas and two years in Oregon. I have NEVER felt any discrimination in terms of employment, dating etc. I have worked with hardcore Trump supporters, even dated a few and have always felt welcomed. I don't think any such ethnic hierarchy exists, at least in the states that I have lived in. In fact, I always found my color to be an advantage in college because the women found me exotic. I never saw any "white privilege". Good looking people had no problem when it came to dating. Smart people had no problem when it came to getting jobs. Although some liberals/lefties in Oklahoma tried to tell me that they were "privileged" because they were white. Funny, I was dating prettier women than them and ended up getting better jobs than them. I don't know what "privilege" were they talking about.

I am not claiming that genuine discrimination doesn't exist. I am saying that I have never faced it even in hardcore Trump supporting state like Oklahoma.

Afro_Vacancy

My Regimen
Reaction score
The USA is very hard on African Americans, no doubt. For the other ethnic groups it's more of a continuum.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have been living in the US for around 12 years. For the most part I have lived in Oklahoma. I have spent over two years in Texas and two years in Oregon. I have NEVER felt any discrimination in terms of employment, dating etc. I have worked with hardcore Trump supporters, even dated a few and have always felt welcomed. I don't think any such ethnic hierarchy exists, at least in the states that I have lived in. In fact, I always found my color to be an advantage in college because the women found me exotic. I never saw any "white privilege". Good looking people had no problem when it came to dating. Smart people had no problem when it came to getting jobs. Although some liberals/lefties in Oklahoma tried to tell me that they were "privileged" because they were white. Funny, I was dating prettier women than them and ended up getting better jobs than them. I don't know what "privilege" were they talking about.

I am not claiming that genuine discrimination doesn't exist. I am saying that I have never faced it even in hardcore Trump supporting state like Oklahoma.
Its quite refreshing to hear that.

I know in the UK if you have a foreign name then you are less likely to get a job interview.

Nobody wants an Abdul or a Lequaisha.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
The USA is very hard on African Americans, no doubt. For the other ethnic groups it's more of a continuum.

African Americans do have it tougher than other ethnic groups. However, all my black friends who finished college and took care of their careers are doing pretty well, even in Oklahoma. So opportunities are definitely there for them. Still, I am not black and I wouldn't pretend to know what it feels like to be black and really know what they face.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score

Also David, I am not sure about your field, but in my field Blacks actually have an advantage. Major software companies love to higher Black men and women. In Dallas, few months ago, Microsoft had a recruiting event in which only blacks were allowed to attend. A friend of mine quit his job in an online car dealership because a Black women who had zero experience was made his superior just because she was a minority.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
African Americans do have it tougher than other ethnic groups. However, all my black friends who finished college and took care of their careers are doing pretty well, even in Oklahoma. So opportunities are definitely there for them. Still, I am not black and I wouldn't pretend to know what it feels like to be black and really know what they face.
I think the argument is that they don't have much of a chance to get into college.

They come from a culture with poor role models who do not promote academic success. Their are also other elements such as poverty - they are less likely to have food in the morning which puts them in less than optimal conditions. They may also lack access to the internet to do their own research and assignments.

pjhair

My Regimen
Reaction score
I think the argument is that they don't have much of a chance to get into college.

They come from a culture with poor role models who do not promote academic success. Their are also other elements such as poverty - they are less likely to have food in the morning which puts them in less than optimal conditions. They may also lack access to the internet to do their own research and assignments.

Yes, their upbringing is definitely a factor against them. But there is no discriminatory system in place that makes them less likely to be accepted in college. Many blacks come from poor background and hence they suffer. But whites of poor and negative family background suffer from the same issues as well. Poverty may be more common among blacks and that needs to be fixed. Asians are pretty rich in the US too. So should we start using the word "Asian privilege" ? Why do we need to use words like "white", "Asians" that automatically divide people in different categories based on race, ethnicity, etc? Why not use words like "rich privilege" instead? Let's stop turning people against each-other.

JohnsonDDG

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, their upbringing is definitely a factor against them. But there is no discriminatory system in place that makes them less likely to be accepted in college. Many blacks come from poor background and hence they suffer. But whites of poor and negative family background suffer from the same issues as well. Poverty may be more common among blacks and that needs to be fixed. Asians are pretty rich in the US too. So should we start using the word "Asian privilege" ? Why do we need to use words like "white", "Asians" that automatically divide people in different categories based on race, ethnicity, etc? Why not use words like "rich privilege" instead? Let's stop turning people against each-other.
Sure. I think the biggest question that leads us to is how can we alleviate poverty and create more opportunity for all in society?