What happened two Follica Phase 3 study?

joely87

Reaction score
I have a better question... what happened to Desmond, Hellouser, and other greats that we had on these forums. we need their knowledge!
I often wander this, I did ask about hellouser I was told he got annoyed with what is mostly flannel and arguing on these boards and is now just using private forums!! Would be nice to have them back though

glammetal

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In their last report 2 months before they said that they would start a phase3 trial in 2022. Well officially we are in late 2022 and nothing yet

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
In their last report 2 months before they said that they would start a phase3 trial in 2022. Well officially we are in late 2022 and nothing yet
I share your frustrations. I am frustrated with the whole of hair loss companies. Failure after failure. Promises not kept. People disappearing (Dr. Takashi Tsuji). People who are too high and mighty to return a communication: Angela Christiano, PhD, CEO Geoff Hamilton (Stemson Therapeutics). Jonathan from Follicle Thought has no spine for criticism and is now seeking pleasure in banning people from his web site. What I'm finding disgusting is how so many people are suffering and nothing is getting done. We've been promised a cure for hair loss longer than I'm alive and meanwhile nothing happens. Just endless delays for clinical trials, disappearances of people, silence from distinguished people. I'm so depressed regarding my hair loss I wish there was a way to quickly commit suicide and be over my misery and depression, but I am too much of a coward to do such a thing and the fact is I don't want to hurt other people.

Another issue is this web site, Hair Loss Talk. I happen to like this web site but there is a big problem! I try to use it but these days the site is often down, so cannot even access it to see what's going on in the news. I think otherwise this is a great web site. I hope I never get banned here. When I state an opinion, I am basing it on fact from my experience.

Last edited:

badnewsbearer

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think right now we have less reasons to be hopeful for a better treatment than at any point in the past. legit it looks more grim than ever. all the cell therapy hype has completely died down, the growth factor hype did so as well. people have understood that there will be nothing but finasteride or other side effect ridding anti androgens for the next 15 years. hair cloning was promised back in 2010, some said it is negative to suggest it will not happen in 2020 but 2030 but it is not going to happen in 2030, not even close. I would be suprised if I saw it within my lifetime at this point. stemson will not succeed either, its too much of an uphill battle for them and their team is not strong enough. Kintor is just selling RU with a new branding. the hairclones and replicels will die much like the follicas and histogens. its crazy how 4 years ago when I first discovered this forum I was at peace knowing that "serious" research is being done about this issue. thinking back it was extremely unhealthy to find this place, getting your hopes up and crushed, up and crushed, up and crushed, over and over again is not healthy, it leaves people jaded. I feel like nobody really cares anymore at this point.

I remember people in 2018 debating on the exact hair count per cm^2 that tsuji will give and whether they should get their transplant now or after, whether CB will be a cream or a spray(btw what is with CB? phase 2 was in f*****g 2018 for Christs sake). its like a specific curse lays above this area of research.

as for follica it must have been a farce, a pump and dump scheme. the founder Daphne Zohar is now onto her next shady venture letting herself be celebrated as a "serial entrepreneur" doing talks and podcasts

the date says everything. it is all nothing but scam artists. remember lee buckler? lmao. im sure they are all rich enough to not care about their miserable ventures but come on

glammetal

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont know if you noticed guys but.....
In the last report of puretechhealth that was published in April of 2023 they do not mention anything about Follica
Also in their website in the foundeed entities section they have removed Follica as a company

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I dont know if you noticed guys but.....
In the last report of puretechhealth that was published in April of 2023 they do not mention anything about Follica
Also in their website in the foundeed entities section they have removed Follica as a company
Well, that's really no surprise to me because they do nothing, just like all of them pretty much. These companies just get paid well in research grants, congratulate each other for accomplishing nothing to the benefit of anyone other than mice at their stupid conventions and they fold when they get no funding or fail. Simple as that. Almost like a scam. Then when something comes along that actually could regenerate hair, no one's heard of it, like YAP and FAK Inhibitors. All these doofuses promote is another worthless gadget, robot, potion, helmet, cap, useless supplement, poisonous drug you have to take the rest of your life or it stops working or will eventually stop working anyway. This industry has one of the highest failure rates of any. If you want your stock portfolio or venture capital to be worth zero, then invest in hair loss companies. It's almost guaranteed your money will evaporate, just like our hopes of hair neogenesis. Hey, George Cotsarelis, how about doing something with these gamma delta T-cells and fibroblast growth factor 9 you talk about? You probably missed curing baldness by a hair!

Last edited:

Alec708

My Regimen
Reaction score
thinking back it was extremely unhealthy to find this place, getting your hopes up and crushed, up and crushed, up and crushed, over and over again is not healthy, it leaves people jaded. I feel like nobody really cares anymore at this point.

Hope is the worst of all evils because it prolongs the torments of man. Nietzsche

itsjustsimon

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol, when I started here everybody thought Tsuji will cure hair loss by 2022 and there'll be no bald man left.

Everybody was agreeing with it, even the top-gs here.

We didn't even get follica.

Just lol.

Kagaho

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Follica was a "new product": minoxidil + Microneedling. Thats an effective combo coming from Cots and cia research.

The problem: it was already cheap and OTC.

cloudsanrain

Established Member
Reaction score
Follica was a "new product": minoxidil + Microneedling. Thats an effective combo coming from Cots and cia research.

Why would you pay for a treatment you can do for free at home an get similar results .

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Follica didn't start off as a scam. It gradually became a joke over time because they failed to make progress.

IMO their original idea was one of the most practical & promising concepts for fixing baldness that I know of. But unfortunately they never came up with a drug or other method that would ramp up the body's natural follicle creation process like they hoped to. IMO there is probably a way to do it but it hasn't been found yet.

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Follica didn't start off as a scam. It gradually became a joke over time because they failed to make progress.

IMO their original idea was one of the most practical & promising concepts for fixing baldness that I know of. But unfortunately they never came up with a drug or other method that would ramp up the body's natural follicle creation process like they hoped to. IMO there is probably a way to do it but it hasn't been found yet.
It seems to me like Stemson is going down the road of Follica as well. No news to report. CEO is an avoidant prick. The biggest news in hair restoration these days is Verteporfin.

Raccooner

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
lol, when I started here everybody thought Tsuji will cure hair loss by 2022 and there'll be no bald man left.

Everybody was agreeing with it, even the top-gs here.

We didn't even get follica.

Just lol.
Dr. Sushi, Dr. Pepper, Dr. Brown's. Dr. Seuss, Dr. Frankenstein, Dr. Jekyll, Dr. Demento. A freakin' joke. At least Dr. Kevorkian got results unlike most other tall tale bullshitters in this industry.

Alec708

My Regimen
Reaction score

Well they were sure it was breakthrough because it worked so well for mice. Isn't that a total shocker

coolio

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I still think HMI-115 could be a game-changer in the foreseeable future. But if that one washes out then I may quit following the hair subject for a few years.

Verteporfin might dramatically reduce scarring with transplants. That is a legit gain for us. But I don't think Verterporfin is likely to produce a lot of new hair.

Last edited: