What happened to Latanoprost after all these years?

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It is on the market if you are wiling to spend the money to buy it in eye drop version.

@John Difool How do you manage to get a prescription for this? It seems you are using a powder version so I assume some generic formulation, where to get it from? I am not interested in any mixing with finasteride and min.

Incinerate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hi, i didn't read the whole 3 pages where Finasteride castrated fans probably bring the whole debate to non sense. But just to tell you, i ve been using latanoprost for 6 months now. It works. here s for what happened, i got a prescription from a Dr in Marseille (France) who s been prescribing latanoprost to his patients for 10 years, and they still have hair and no they don't use finasteride or dht blockers because guess what ? It's totally useless. The prescription is a fagron solution you can find on their website : 0.1% latanoprost/%minoxidil and trichofoam. Feel free to pm me, as i really don't feel to argue with dummies who still believe the whole dht sucking c*** theory.

Incinerate

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Btw what s even more impressive is that i was losing ground after 2 years of minoxidil 2 times a day, then i used this, and now i m gaining ground from using this one time a day.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I am not getting Latan because the compound is a gooey paste that you can't easily extract for dosage. I tried to liquify it in a water bath but I am afraid that it will impact the potency and degrade it with heat. Search for bimatoprost on AB. It's comparable and comes in white powder. Much easier to weight. Measure 0.1% (or whatever you want to use) and mix in your minoxidil. Keep the bottle in the fridge just to make sure shelf life is in range (3 months based on one study I read.) If you want to skip minoxidil (as. you indicated) just use the proportion of Ethanol, PG and Water the minoxidil bottle is showing (google it). Make sure you dissolve the powder in the strongest solvent (Ethanol) and check it's completely dissolved before adding PG and Distilled water. Add a few drops of Tween80 to make sure pg and water mix well since you are probably not sonicating the vehicle.

Last edited:

corkmeister

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, i didn't read the whole 3 pages where Finasteride castrated fans probably bring the whole debate to non sense. But just to tell you, i ve been using latanoprost for 6 months now. It works. here s for what happened, i got a prescription from a Dr in Marseille (France) who s been prescribing latanoprost to his patients for 10 years, and they still have hair and no they don't use finasteride or dht blockers because guess what ? It's totally useless. The prescription is a fagron solution you can find on their website : 0.1% latanoprost/%minoxidil and trichofoam. Feel free to pm me, as i really don't feel to argue with dummies who still believe the whole dht sucking c*** theory.

What's the story behind the 'dht sucking c*** theory'?

zaman

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone tried using bim/latanoprost eye drops directly on the scalp as a standalone for any period of time? Just curious as they're not really that expensive if you buy from China.

Flamingflaps

Established Member
Reaction score

they still have hair after 10 years? A bit like the finasteride 10 year studies then?
How is finasteride useless exactly?

waynakyo

Experienced Member
Reaction score
I am not getting Latan because the compound is a gooey paste that you can't easily extract for dosage. I tried to liquify it in a water bath but I am afraid that it will impact the potency and degrade it with heat. Search for bimatoprost on AB. It's comparable and comes in white powder. Much easier to weight. Measure 0.1% (or whatever you want to use) and mix in your minoxidil. Keep the bottle in the fridge just to make sure shelf life is in range (3 months based on one study I read.) If you want to skip minoxidil (as. you indicated) just use the proportion of Ethanol, PG and Water the minoxidil bottle is showing (google it). Make sure you dissolve the powder in the strongest solvent (Ethanol) and check it's completely dissolved before adding PG and Distilled water. Add a few drops of Tween80 to make sure pg and water mix well since you are probably not sonicating the vehicle.
AB for alibaba??

klbt

My Regimen
Reaction score
Has anyone tried using bim/latanoprost eye drops directly on the scalp as a standalone for any period of time? Just curious as they're not really that expensive if you buy from China.
curious about this too, how's the feasibility?

ElToso

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The order of strength of PGF2a agonist is:
PGF2a, Travoprost, Latanoprost acid, Bimatoprost acid, Latanoprost amide, Bimatoprost amide
Would anyone be interested in a gb for a prostaglandin agonist?
Unfortunately it looks like the acid forms of Latanoprost and Bimatoprost are not available at Wuhan

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I'd rather do minoxidil. it's about the same gains and the same dependency on the compound you are using to boost growth.

TheBlackSuit

My Regimen
Reaction score
The order of strength of PGF2a agonist is:
PGF2a, Travoprost, Latanoprost acid, Bimatoprost acid, Latanoprost amide, Bimatoprost amide
Would anyone be interested in a gb for a prostaglandin agonist?
Unfortunately it looks like the acid forms of Latanoprost and Bimatoprost are not available at Wuhan
What form do pharmacies use? amide or acid?

mooreu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Fagron seems to be the supplier of Latanoprost to the compounding labs. I wonder if we could get the info from them?

inmyhead

Reaction score
Isn't there any long term issues with latanoprost? The dose is probably quite high if you have to cover your all scalp compared to what's used for the eyes

There is also a top comment saying that it fucks up your skin

Not sure how much truth there is though.

Last edited:

inmyhead

Reaction score
They used ethanol here and results are not that bad.

Anyway, at the moment i'm concerned of any possible skin issues

1642852132299.png

Guy was using latanoprost in one eye, and there are visible fat changes.

Anybody did more research and has idea how it would effect scalp or forehead if it get on it?