What happened to Latanoprost after all these years?

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
Everything works if you are a responder. The real question: does it work on you? Till you try it, no one knows and you will be the first one to answer your question. I used Latan and stopped minoxidil to get rid of my dark circles last year. I didn't like the raccoon look I was sporting in my Zoom meetings so much. But I am also a responder to minoxidil.

At this point, I am just adding it to my vehicle (a simple process) to empty my freezer. I am reluctant to flush it down the toilets.

Biffy

Reaction score
Everything works if you are a responder. The real question: does it work on you? Till you try it, no one knows and you will be the first one to answer your question. I used Latan and stopped minoxidil to get rid of my dark circles last year. I didn't like the raccoon look I was sporting in my Zoom meetings so much. But I am also a responder to minoxidil.

At this point, I am just adding it to my vehicle (a simple process) to empty my freezer. I am reluctant to flush it down the toilets.
Did the Latanoprost manage to hold on to your Minoxidil gains? Minoxidil also causes terrible bloated eyes for me...

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
There's no contradiction. Minoxidil does everything bim does and more. The only reason the two are equal in TAHC improvements is because most people don't respond well to minoxidil for the reason you mentioned. Oral minoxidil doesn't have that drawback and is superior to bimatoprost
"Oral minoxidil doesn't have that drawback and is superior to bimatoprost"
There is not a single study to compare that. Even worst, there is not a single study to compare oral vs topical, and we are talking of a drug already available as oral in the 1970s . PLus, there is an study from 2019 showing that all you need is to add tretinoin, oral is a one sense.

John Difool

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't know. I used and still use both. At this time I can't take the risk to change my regimen as I am using it as a baseline to measure progress on another compound.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
"Oral minoxidil doesn't have that drawback and is superior to bimatoprost"
There is not a single study to compare that. Even worst, there is not a single study to compare oral vs topical, and we are talking of a drug already available as oral in the 1970s . PLus, there is an study from 2019 showing that all you need is to add tretinoin, oral is a one sense.
All of what you said is flat out wrong with a hint of truth to your tretinoin claim. That said I do like lat/bim, but they likely add very little to minoxidil and are a lot more expensive. If you can afford to use them then great. I have used them myself, but I don't want people living paycheck to paycheck to rush out and get pgf2a agonists thinking it's going to be miraculous. They are only worth using if you can't tolerate the cv sides from oral minoxidil, and you don't respond well to topical minoxidil and tretinoin, or you can just afford to be careless with your money and you're looking for that little extra boost

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
All of what you said is flat out wrong with a hint of truth to your tretinoin claim. That said I do like lat/bim, but they likely add very little to minoxidil and are a lot more expensive. If you can afford to use them then great. I have used them myself, but I don't want people living paycheck to paycheck to rush out and get pgf2a agonists thinking it's going to be miraculous. They are only worth using if you can't tolerate the cv sides from oral minoxidil, and you don't respond well to topical minoxidil and tretinoin, or you can just afford to be careless with your money and you're looking for that little extra boost
Hahahahahaha. Tretinoin it wrong ?!
Hold my beer kid :
Tretinoin enhances minoxidil response in androgenetic alopecia patients by upregulating follicular sulfotransferase enzymes
"43% of subjects initially predicted to be nonresponders to minoxidil were converted to responders following 5 days of topical tretinoin application."
That is an STUDY .
Now, keep telling all your bushit without any study supporting your claims. PLEASE, post an study that NONE responders topical minoxidil users get reposponder by introducing oral minoxidil .

Gegen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hold my beer kid :
Tretinoin enhances minoxidil response in androgenetic alopecia patients by upregulating follicular sulfotransferase enzymes
"43% of subjects initially predicted to be nonresponders to minoxidil were converted to responders following 5 days of topical tretinoin application."
That is an STUDY .
Now, keep telling all your bushit without any study supporting your claims. PLEASE, post an study that NONE responders topical minoxidil users get reposponder by introducing oral minoxidil .
He said your tretinoin claim was correct.

pegasus2

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hold my beer kid :
That is an STUDY .
Did I say tretinoin was wrong? I specifically pointed at that tretinoin was the only thing you said that was correct. This is why you are the dumbest person on this forum.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did I say tretinoin was wrong? I specifically pointed at that tretinoin was the only thing you said that was correct. This is why you are the dumbest person on this forum.
No, I am not the dumbest simple cause you are a member too.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
Is this f*****g kindergarten?
Grow up.
You tell me , I am quoting studies . I don't think that is much of kindergarden that . while what pegasus2 does is say possible assumptions without citing a single article that proves it
" Minoxidil oral is superior to minoxidil topical " SHOW THE STUDY that compare both.
" MINOXIDIL do the same thing that bitamoprost but better " SHOW THE STUDY that compare both.

ZLulic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
@jamesbooker1975

I used minoxidil for over 18 months on the hairline without any regrowth. I recently started applying tretinoin 0.025% cream + min. every night (2 weeks now). In the morning I have a slightly warm/burning sensation on the hairline/temples. Is this normal? What should I do to try to minimize this and is there any guidline in terms of the frequency of the application?

Flamingflaps

Established Member
Reaction score
@jamesbooker1975

I used minoxidil for over 18 months on the hairline without any regrowth. I recently started applying tretinoin 0.025% cream + min. every night (2 weeks now). In the morning I have a slightly warm/burning sensation on the hairline/temples. Is this normal? What should I do to try to minimize this and is there any guidline in terms of the frequency of the application?
Tretinoin is very strong and you need to allow time for your skin to acclimatise. If it’s cold where you are at the moment, that won’t help with the sensitivity. Maybe stop applying for a week, then when you’re no longer feeling any burn from your minoxidil application, apply the tretinoin 2 or 3 times a week to start with. Work up slowly and use as little as possible.

may as well apply it to your face too. Wait half an hour after washing so your skin is completely dry (water increases the potency) and apply a small pea sized amount to your face. Again, do this very slowly to start. In a year you should be looking very fresh.

ZLulic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Tretinoin is very strong and you need to allow time for your skin to acclimatise. If it’s cold where you are at the moment, that won’t help with the sensitivity. Maybe stop applying for a week, then when you’re no longer feeling any burn from your minoxidil application, apply the tretinoin 2 or 3 times a week to start with. Work up slowly and use as little as possible.

may as well apply it to your face too. Wait half an hour after washing so your skin is completely dry (water increases the potency) and apply a small pea sized amount to your face. Again, do this very slowly to start. In a year you should be looking very fresh.
Thank you for the detailed explanation. My initial plan was to get a compounded mix+tret lotion but where I live there is no compounding pharmacy. Minoxidilmax offers a 60 ml 0.3% tret solution but it's $80+shipping and I can't afford it currently.

On the side note: I have found this study from 2007 saying there was no significant difference between min. only vs min.+tret, but this study didn't account for the responders vs non-responders to min only. https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17902730/ I am not sure how to interpret this.

ZLulic

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
0.3% twice daily? isn't that very high?
The Minoxidilmax tretinoin solution of 60 ml 0.3% is meant to be used by mixing 5 ml of it into a 60 ml Minoxidil bottle which would make it a 0.023% tret solution. I currently have a 0.025% cream which I use by taking a pea sized amount of and mix it with 1 ml of min.

jamesbooker1975

My Regimen
Reaction score
The Minoxidilmax tretinoin solution of 60 ml 0.3% is meant to be used by mixing 5 ml of it into a 60 ml Minoxidil bottle which would make it a 0.023% tret solution. I currently have a 0.025% cream which I use by taking a pea sized amount of and mix it with 1 ml of min.
You don't mix solution, if you mix it , you end up with both lower concetration of lotion.
If you have the cream, simple put the lotion, let it dry around 10 minutes ( if not will be harder to apply ) , and then apply the cream