What feeling and emotions...

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
dudemon said:
And its most likey because of my hair, which is why I get rejected over and over again.

No offense, but I find that very very hard to believe. There are lots of bald people who get jobs.

If its a job thing, you can always wear a wig while at work.

Michael84

Established Member
Reaction score
dudemon said:
because it's the only job I can get ... And its most likey because of my hair, which is why I get rejected over and over again.
You're speaking like you're trying to become a p**rn star )))...
...You must be kidding. Do not relate all your problems to your baldness. I have never heard in my life that a person got rejected because he was bald. It doesn't depend on where you live, you simply exagarate things...
And concerning old pics of us with thick hair: it's all relative, maybe 10-20 years later, when we have infernal haemorrhoids, impotence, inability to move, we will look at our today's pics, videos and think how stupid we were that didn't enjoy life and whined about such a small problem like baldness...

LooseItAll

Established Member
Reaction score
Dudemon just go to a proffesional hair stylist and tell him about your situration. He will surely work out a suitable hairstyle for you. Don't say he won't, just do it.

GeminiX

Reaction score
Dudemon, I think your worrying far too much about things which may or may not happen. Let go a little, don't worry so much about looking a bit silly.

A few weeks ago I tripped in the street and fell, not a bad fall but still. Worse though was that I was wearing a strapless sundress and as I stood up, my dress had slipped down to below my boobs and I gave everyone who noticed a pretty good show (I was not wearing a bra because of the type of dress). Needless to say I was mortified, I had just made a complete tit of myself.

Tempted as I was to run away and cry, instead as I pulled my dress back into place, I took a deep breath and grinned, followed by a little curtsey and a shrug.

sh*t happens all the time, life is too short to stress about looking a bit daft daft at times and handling those situations well when they happen seems to make people like you more :)

edit - do you live near Phoenix? I'm going to be back there in a few weeks and I remember it being very hot there.

optimus prime

Experienced Member
Reaction score
GeminiX said:
A few weeks ago I tripped in the street and fell, not a bad fall but still. Worse though was that I was wearing a strapless sundress and as I stood up, my dress had slipped down to below my boobs and I gave everyone who noticed a pretty good show (I was not wearing a bra because of the type of dress). Needless to say I was mortified, I had just made a complete tit of myself.

That is so funny. :)

Good on you for not letting it get to you.

CaptainForehead

Reaction score
dudemon said:
the part about wearing a wig to work ... come on I mean, really? :mrgreen:).

Yes, really. It seems the most natural thing to do for me. Its like saying you wont wear a suit to go to work for a certain company.

You are bitching about how you cant get a deent job because of your hair. There is an obvious solution, why arent you considering it?

Wear a hairpiece to a decent job. In a year or two, you will have enough money to get a decent hair transplant/plastic surgery to repair the scars.

Heck, if you are worried about being made fun of for wearing a wig, suck it up for a couple of years..then when you get the hair transplant move to new job.

kejan

Established Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it can be tough at times seeing old photos. I've got some photos from 5 years ago where I was NW2 and no diffuse. Amazing how at that time, I was still thinking ''f*** my hairline is going'' yet now as a NW3 nearing 3.5 and now diffuse, I think ''Wow! Look how great I looked with a NW2".

Baz Luhrman - Wear Sunscreen song from 99, has a great lyric in it
"Enjoy the power and beauty of your youth. Oh, nevermind, you won't understand the power and
beauty of your youth until they've faded, but trust me in 20 years, you'll look back at photos of
yourself and recall in a way you can't grasp now how much possibility lay before you and how fabulous
you really looked. You are not as fat as you imagine."

That statement is so true.

Christ, I'm only 28 but the way I now see it.
After years of hiding behind caps and worrying about winds if my concealer would come out, or not going to certain bars/clubs that were strict on caps. I decieded to ditch it and get on with life.

Look at options, that's what this site is all about. Check out every avenue you want to follow and see what you can afford and think is best. Try different hairstyles, you can still style your hair in an ok way if you are diffuse or a high Norwood, you most probably have to keep it short.

I agree though it can be sh*t looking at pics or when you see people around you or older than you with more hair, and especially people who simply don't care how they look. You knmow the ones who over drink, over eat, and have patchy skin because of their diet, yet they have a thick NW1 - and then there are folk like us, who work our *** off to get in shape and generally look good but have no hair or our hair is departing us.

Life is short. I say this a lot recently. It really is. I was always the cute guy in high school and college. I was never a hot jock or anything, but I had my fair share of attractive girls coming on to me or saying I was cute or askign me out, but I was too shy. I was worried about my hairloss, I was shy that they won't like me and kept saying ''Why do they like me?"
I'm happily with my GF now for 5 years but I regret not going out there when I was younger.

Go out and have fun (with caution of course). Meet people, play sports, go on rollercoasters, do what you want to and have fun.
Of course if you want to do something about hairloss, look at options and find what is best, and also check out a hairstyle that you are comfortable with, but once you´ve finished styling it for the day, that's it. Do your hair! Go out the door and don't look back!

Hoppi

Reaction score
Hm, like I say I really do just often consider it the male equivalent of stuff like easy weight gain with age and periods and stuff! lol If I was female I'd have those things to worry about, and as a guy I have this!

What's good about this though is treatments seem to be getting better and better fairly rapidly. So today it might be keto and minoxidil or something for a good degree of success but tomorrow it might be indefinite success with CB-03-01 or something! Just gotta hang in there :)

uncomfortable man

Reaction score
Hoppi said:
Hm, like I say I really do just often consider it the male equivalent of stuff like easy weight gain with age and periods and stuff! lol If I was female I'd have those things to worry about, and as a guy I have this!
)

Well, like SAF pointed out earlier ^ would mean something if every man went nw5 in their mid twenties, just like every girl gets their period. So, not the best comparison.

Oh, and all pictures of me with hair burned down in a tragic fire.

Hoppi

Reaction score
uncomfortable man said:
Well, like SAF pointed out earlier ^ would mean something if every man went nw5 in their mid twenties, just like every girl gets their period. So, not the best comparison.

Oh, and all pictures of me with hair burned down in a tragic fire.

True but like.. at the very least all guys have a very high RISK of hair loss. Certainly by a certain age... don't you think?

And lol at the last comment :)