What Exactly Causes My Hair To Look Visibly Thinner The Next Day Of Washing It?

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a Norwood 1.5 diffuse thinner and I just can't understand why my hair already looks much thinner on the next day of washing it. This is driving me insane because I have to wash it every day to have 'normal' looking hair. Also I noticed it becomes a bit curlier and harder to touch whereas on shower days it is straighter and smoother. I literally don't know anything about shampoos or moisturizers and such. What do you advise?

1knox1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Dry shampoo is good for adding the ‘more volume’ effect.

JeToker

My Regimen
Reaction score
It's literally just the oils in your scalp. If you've noticed your hair should look thinner when wet, this is just the same effect but with oils which act in a similar way. Dry shampoo is a great tool to deal with this.

A little secret I learned, is if you want to wash your hair and apply your concealer and don't want to wash the next day, apply a bit of dry shampoo at your roots before you go to sleep. You will wake up without this problem, then just give it a rub and quick blow through with the blow dryer and you're good to go.

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's literally just the oils in your scalp. If you've noticed your hair should look thinner when wet, this is just the same effect but with oils which act in a similar way. Dry shampoo is a great tool to deal with this.

A little secret I learned, is if you want to wash your hair and apply your concealer and don't want to wash the next day, apply a bit of dry shampoo at your roots before you go to sleep. You will wake up without this problem, then just give it a rub and quick blow through with the blow dryer and you're good to go.
What dry shampoo would you recommend? And thanks for the insight

OldnBald

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I'm a Norwood 1.5 diffuse thinner and I just can't understand why my hair already looks much thinner on the next day of washing it. This is driving me insane because I have to wash it every day to have 'normal' looking hair. Also I noticed it becomes a bit curlier and harder to touch whereas on shower days it is straighter and smoother. I literally don't know anything about shampoos or moisturizers and such. What do you advise?
The f*** wouldn't you shower every god damn day? What are you, the stinky, nerdy, greasy haired kid?