What Do You Think Is The Cause Of Testicular Pain After Taking Finasteride? Please Help Me If You Ha

Shayan123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Damn, that does not sound good. People tend to not think about the future and very few actually check their bodies when they are on some kind of treatment especially. You could get something with time, drug related or not but without actually knowing what caused it and even if you would find out, it would be to late and pointless in many cases.Check with a doctor as soon as you can and see what he has to say about this diagnosis.

Mark my words, future generations will tremble and be amazed when they will read of what people used to do for their hair, what drugs and actions they took... As we learn from the mistakes made by our ancestors, they will learn from ours also. Stay safe and get a doctors opinion asap...
Yeah exacly. Finastride isn’t a good drug.
I tried everything.
Just minoxidil is a good drug for hairloss.
And i hope to see new drugs for hairloss

Fanjeera

Reaction score
For some it came after months, for some it's not persistent and comes from now and then, very few actual scientific information about it and that's sad...
If it comes after many months, then chronic inflammation of the genital tract is likely. Less androgen means less secretions from the genital tract. Secretoric activity is required to kill bacteria and finasteride definitely lowers it. Yet, the opposite is very likely true: finasteride has been shown to reduce inflammation in the prostate and it's even used succesfully for chronic prostatitis. Probably the narrowing of ducts makes it harder for the bacteria to settle in them. Controversial stuff. I guess it depends of the individual. For the minority probably it can be opposite than for the majority.

I'd still go for the fluid reabsorption explanation, because chronic prostatitis leading to epididymitis is a long process and a leap in logic. It seems like testicle ache from finasteride is a far more prevalent illness than chronic epidymitis.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
If it comes after many months, then chronic inflammation of the genital tract is likely. Less androgen means less secretions from the genital tract. Secretoric activity is required to kill bacteria and finasteride definitely lowers it. Yet, the opposite is very likely true: finasteride has been shown to reduce inflammation in the prostate and it's even used succesfully for chronic prostatitis. Probably the narrowing of ducts makes it harder for the bacteria to settle in them. Controversial stuff. I guess it depends of the individual. For the minority probably it can be opposite than for the majority.

I'd still go for the fluid reabsorption explanation, because chronic prostatitis leading to epididymitis is a long process and a leap in logic. It seems like testicle ache from finasteride is a far more prevalent illness than chronic epidymitis.

I have read something similar about it also but can't remember where, sounds plausible anyways. But as you said, very controversial stuff without proper studying of it with complete and very in dept tests, things i don't see happening anytime soon because of various reasons...

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I do that 3 time a week.
But now my sex drive reduced
My testicle pain reduced too after quit finastrde but i have microlitias in my testicle
And i’m worry about testicle cancer
sh*t. So i just read about Testicular Microlithiasis, and this condition is not good at all. All you have to keep doing is regular testicular screenings to make sure the condition doesn't evolve into something more drastic (testicular cancer). I have never heard or seen finasteride causing this condition to anyone before. Even what causes TM is unknown..

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I have read something similar about it also but can't remember where, sounds plausible anyways. But as you said, very controversial stuff without proper studying of it with complete and very in dept tests, things i don't see happening anytime soon because of various reasons...
What exactly sounds plausible?

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
What exactly sounds plausible?

Your opinion about the narrowing of ducts. But i saw a lot of reports from people who have a hard time peeing or having prostate pain and from what i recall, Merk even tried to get it approved for prostate cancer but it was rejected because it does not have enough evidence behind their claims so idk what to say about it's actual mechanism and how it actually works on the prostate. I have read so many things about it lately, from the risk of high grade prostate cancer because of it's way in making it harder to be detected, to the way that cells work on the prostate but i'm getting overflowed by the amount of information and i need to start to filter it again, it's exhausting to find so much contradicting information all over the place..

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I agree that it's not 50% and that polls from random internet forums have absolutely no value, you don't even know who is voting, on what principles or if they are truthful or just lying, so in conclusions, they are equal to 0. But the sides are not 8-10% also, they are over 30% and all the recent data suggests that. And even so, let's say they are 10%, how much is 10% of the millions of people around the world who use finasteride for male pattern baldness and BPH? Even 1% is a big number and risk, how about 10% or even more?

As for the studies made on finasteride, just lol, and keep in mind that this meta-analysys is done only on the studies made for androgenic alopecia...

Adverse Event Reporting in Clinical Trials of Finasteride for Androgenic Alopecia: A Meta-analysis.

RESULTS:
Of 34 clinical trials, none had adequate safety reporting, 19 were partially adequate, 12 were inadequate, and 3 reported no adverse events. Funnel plots were asymmetric with a bias toward lower odds ratio for sexual adverse effects, suggesting systematic underdetection. No reports assessed adequacy of blinding, 18 (53%) disclosed conflicts of interest, and 19 (56%) received funding from the manufacturer. Duration of drug safety evaluation was 1 year or less for 26 of 34 trials (76%). Of 5704 men in the clinical data repository who were treated for Androgenetic Alopecia with finasteride, 1.25 mg/d or less, for Androgenetic Alopecia, only 31% met inclusion criteria for the pivotal trials referenced in the manufacturer's full prescribing information and 33% took finasteride for more than 1 year.

CONCLUSIONS AND RELEVANCE:
Available toxicity information from clinical trials of finasteride in men with Androgenetic Alopecia is very limited, is of poor quality, and seems to be systematically biased. In a cohort of men prescribed finasteride for routine treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia, most would have been excluded from the pivotal studies that supported US Food and Drug Administration approval for Androgenetic Alopecia. Published reports of clinical trials provide insufficient information to establish the safety profile for finasteride in the treatment of Androgenetic Alopecia.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25830296
Even with assuming that all studies were biased, you cannot draw any conclusion other than the sides rate may not be 2-3%. You cant say for certain that the sides rate is higher because the studies were biased.
No that's just pure cope saying only people who come to these forums are people who had bad experiences with fina. (what are you and so many others who take fina and have "positive experiences" doing here then?) And I believe most will get side effects, I think the number is higher than 50% in the long term.

And if you're honest with yourself you know that the pills you swallow daily are pure hormonal poison, do you really believe it only affects the state of your hair? Like I said people who take fina want to cope and tell themselves lies and fantasies to feel ok with taking their pills, I was in your shoes too once so I know.

I know another poll with 500+ user on a hairloss forum and guess what? 50%+ had side effects too. But for some they can deal with the side effects and think it's worth it for their hair. If I find the poll again I'll link it.

Anyway, in the end one of the fina takers who reads this will get frustrated and start with the insults like always. So I'll leave it at that and wish you the best with coping. You guys have been warned.
People with success are present in the forums, but they’re not as active as the ones’ who arent successful. The majority of members of the forums are the ones actively seeking other options or voicing their negative experience, hence the huge bias in polls rendering them invalid. There is a small minority of members who had success. You can tell that by the smaller number of success stories.

I agree with you, finasteride is a way to manipulate the hormonal system, which is not a good manner to solve problems in general. But thats all what we have now, and I chose the route that suits me best, you chose yours.

TomRiddle

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Even with assuming that all studies were biased, you cannot draw any conclusion other than the sides rate may not be 2-3%. You cant say for certain that the sides rate is higher because the studies were biased.

People with success are present in the forums, but they’re not as active as the ones’ who arent successful. The majority of members of the forums are the ones actively seeking other options or voicing their negative experience, hence the huge bias in polls rendering them invalid. There is a small minority of members who had success. You can tell that by the smaller number of success stories.

I agree with you, finasteride is a way to manipulate the hormonal system, which is not a good manner to solve problems in general. But thats all what we have now, and I chose the route that suits me best, you chose yours.

That goes the other way around also, you can't say they are not higher, we can only draw our own conclusions based on the information we have. Now everybody is free to think what they want but ignoring everything that does not suit your ideology just because you are desperate in saving your hair does not sound smart anyways, but as i said many times, everybody will suffer the consequences of their own actions, being they good or bad and that is all that matters in the end i guess..

baba_yaga

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That goes the other way around also, you can't say they are not higher, we can only draw our own conclusions based on the information we have. Now everybody is free to think what they want but ignoring everything that does not suit your ideology just because you are desperate in saving your hair does not sound smart anyways, but as i said many times, everybody will suffer the consequences of their own actions, being they good or bad and that is all that matters in the end i guess..
Fully agree. No one can be certain about the sides. Up to the individual to take the risk and get the reward.

Shayan123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
sh*t. So i just read about Testicular Microlithiasis, and this condition is not good at all. All you have to keep doing is regular testicular screenings to make sure the condition doesn't evolve into something more drastic (testicular cancer). I have never heard or seen finasteride causing this condition to anyone before. Even what causes TM is unknown..
Microlithiasis almost havn’t pain. But in 6% cause pain, like me.
But does it have any cure???

Shayan123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ehealthme.com/ds/finasteride/testicular-microlithiasis/
Please read that and And Please keep in mind that most people with microlithiasis don't feel pain. It means that some of people that take finastride may have this problem And they don't know themselves

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://www.ehealthme.com/ds/finasteride/testicular-microlithiasis/
Please read that and And Please keep in mind that most people with microlithiasis don't feel pain. It means that some of people that take finastride may have this problem And they don't know themselves
Who knows. Maybe i have Testicular Microlithiasis and i'm ignorant. Either way, the link you provided suggests that among 24k+ people who were included in the study, 3 were diagnosed with TM. That's a very very minor chance, and since there was no mentionning of testicular screenings pre-finasteride, i'm inclined to believe that TM could've been present before finasteride was started. It's very easy to blame anything on finasteride, since that's the easiest explanation possible.

Shayan123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Who knows. Maybe i have Testicular Microlithiasis and i'm ignorant. Either way, the link you provided suggests that among 24k+ people who were included in the study, 3 were diagnosed with TM. That's a very very minor chance, and since there was no mentionning of testicular screenings pre-finasteride, i'm inclined to believe that TM could've been present before finasteride was started. It's very easy to blame anything on finasteride, since that's the easiest explanation possible.
You right.
And urologist Doctor told me finastride1 is safe and we prescribe finastride5 not1.
But i think this drug isn’t completly safe, I have nothing to do with statistics, but I heard side effects from many consumers.many of users say that , like my uncle and One of my friends was depressed while taking it, and many people here have sides.
I hope this medicine never has any side effects for you، But using this drug is a risk for me and others like me.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You right.
And urologist Doctor told me finastride1 is safe and we prescribe finastride5 not1.
But i think this drug isn’t completly safe, I have nothing to do with statistics, but I heard side effects from many consumers.many of users say that , like my uncle and One of my friends was depressed while taking it, and many people here have sides.
I hope this medicine never has any side effects for you، But using this drug is a risk for me and others like me.
Finasteride is not 100% safe. There is no medication that is completely safe. It just so happens that some get sides, while most don't get anything major (if at all). Each body is unique, and i would advice you to keep taking finasteride (if it's helping) while monitoring your TM closely.

sonictemples

My Regimen
Reaction score
I seriously hate f*****g hair loss. The only way to treat it, will also cost one of the male hormones.

I seriously f*****g hate that we have to decide for this sh*t.

NorwoodingMyWay

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I seriously hate f*****g hair loss. The only way to treat it, will also cost one of the male hormones.

I seriously f*****g hate that we have to decide for this sh*t.
Because what's causing hairloss ARE male hormones. So you have to attack those hormones.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Your opinion about the narrowing of ducts. But i saw a lot of reports from people who have a hard time peeing or having prostate pain and from what i recall, Merk even tried to get it approved for prostate cancer but it was rejected because it does not have enough evidence behind their claims so idk what to say about it's actual mechanism and how it actually works on the prostate. I have read so many things about it lately, from the risk of high grade prostate cancer because of it's way in making it harder to be detected, to the way that cells work on the prostate but i'm getting overflowed by the amount of information and i need to start to filter it again, it's exhausting to find so much contradicting information all over the place..
Pain and urinating problems may be because of prostate inflammation yes.

Finasteride lowers the overall prostate cancer risk, but raises the risk of more malign prostate cancer. They think this may be because it just makes it easier to detect it from a smaller prostate.