What did you think of baldness before you started losing it

Southcity94

My Regimen
Reaction score
Well, I never saw bald people as less attractive or something.
I know my dad only with hair buzzed to the core and I always thought he looks fine.
For me I thought thats just the way it is, men lose their hair when they get older, just like you get wrinkles or women get cellulite.
When I saw die hard and stuff like that as a kid , I never payed attention to Bruce's hairline.
For me he was just the coolest motherfucker around, with hair and later with his bald look.
What I always found weird, were people who lost their hair ages ago and still rocked the strangest comb overs or fully grown out horseshoes.
I wear my hair longer for quite a few years and I always told people, I have to take this opportunity as long as I still have my hair, when I had them really long.
So thats just my opinion, I joked about it, because for me it was always sure that it will hit me sometime, but of course I hoped it wouldn't.
Now as it's starting, it bothers me and I hope it's just due bad break up and stress, even though I know that's not the reason.
But yeah, I guess most people don't look at bald people, like their some kind of outcasts.

WheeljackG1

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think I had a good grasp on what balding or a receding hairline actually looked like before mine started to go. My dad has good hair, so I hoped I'd be like him, but I remember just thinking "I hope it at least holds out till I'm middle aged." Well it didn't lol.

As for what I thought about other people who were balding, like I said I wasn't very good at noticing it so I probably missed it most of the time. On a guy where it was obvious I just remember feeling bad for them.

Mushu

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I was pretty much clueless and never really paid attention to details until older. I just thought they were bald because they were in a gang or something, or they just did not want to deal with hair. I have a few friends who are norwood 1 with no thinning that just buzz their hair to a 0 or 1 cause they don't want to deal with hair. Now I know it's totally different between a buzz and slick bald.

I do recall some people look odd,both normal people and celebrities, but now it dawned on me it was the hair/hairline. I never made fun of anyone or had an bad opinion of them, perhaps joke they were from Shaolin for slick bald guys. Perhaps subconsciously may have had better impression of someone with nice hair, but I really was totally clueless.

disfiguredyoungman

My Regimen
Reaction score
When I was a teenager I disliked bald people and didn't want to associate with them, which is strange because I had no problems with ugly or old people. To justify my own superficiality I told myself that premature baldness was just a consequence of bad lifestyle choices...a burgeoise lifestyle and too much work.

Later on I became more realistic and pro actively buzzed my head. It looked fine and I deluded myself into thinking that it will always look fine disregarding facial aging and stubble density.

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember being like 10, thinking what a sh*t hair style of my NW7 grandfather who grew it out a bit , little did I know it wasn't his style of choice

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
I don't think I wasted my time thinking of it and I'm sure it's the same for anyone who has never had hair loss. I'm almost like that now except I can Norwood spot if I want to. I knew as a kid it made you ugly though because we had some baldies around us and from talking with my mum who passed casual comments. But of course I didn't understand balding. Once I got to 11 it became more obvious from seeing balding teachers, though again, not too much thought on it. That said, I apparently used to lay into a guy with a classic terrible combover who used to come to our house. I don't remember it since I was barely 4 but my kid reaction made my relatives smile I'm sure.