what could be the cause??

sri1369_s

Reaction score
Hey all!

I have had constant hair loss (quite a bit!) for the past 4-5 months. Blood tests did not reveal any major abnormalities except for slight iron deficiency (which I am treating for the past 1.5 months with a skin, hair and nails formula which provides the required 14mg iron). But apart from that everything seems to be normal. I am 29 and a vegetarian - so maybe a slight protein deficiency. I have been very healthy all through - never on any notable medication.

The problem is that the hair that falls does not seem to have a bulb at the root at all (both ends almost look the same). Anyone has a clue as to what the problem might be?

Thanks!
-- sri

Spanishlad

Established Member
Reaction score
hate to say it but the most probable cause is male pattern baldness. vitamins and supplements wont really help you with this. Go see a dermatolagist if it is male pattern baldness get a prescription for propecia it will be your best bet for saving your hair.

Anita1978

Reaction score
Hi Sri, more information is needed before anyone can give you pointers

where are you losing you hair (hairline, crown, backs, sides)? is it diffuse loss (thinning all over) or can you actually see patches of loss?

xxx