What convinced you to get a system?

Mystery411

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
For me, it was this video:

also, it was becoming a nightmare to get my toppik to look “decent” (my hair was getting too thin)

George Hen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Most if not all men are deemed to look better with hair Vs without it. Baldness isn’t an option for everyone, myself included!

Noah

Reaction score
Why do bald actors like Ben Affleck, Matthew McConnaghey, Brendan Fraser, John Travolta, Al Pacino, Kevin Costner, Nicholas Cage etc. etc. etc. choose to wear a hairpiece? I want to be the leading man in my own story; not the loveable-but-goofy-looking best friend.

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Why do bald actors like Ben Affleck, Matthew McConnaghey, Brendan Fraser, John Travolta, Al Pacino, Kevin Costner, Nicholas Cage etc. etc. etc. choose to wear a hairpiece? I want to be the leading man in my own story; not the loveable-but-goofy-looking best friend.
Exactly! On point

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Already in like 2009 when I discovered Iglesias was wearing. Then right before actually starting good quality Youtube videos that show how easy and good looking it is, especially from this guy:
. And the local salon of course. Without the local salon I cannot imagine how I would've got the courage and started.

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I started using Dermatch and then fibres which got me through about 7 or 8 years of hiding my balding areas. Initially these products did an amazing job but in the last 2 or 3 years I was just fooling myself by using more and more of the products ... in hindsight it looked awful and I really should have moved to a hair system sooner. I was well into my 40s by the time I started wearing.

I love having hair and I have worked hard to achieve a good and realistic system/style. It helps that I have an awesome stylist.

However, in the back of my mind, I do always wonder what life would have been like if I had just accepted baldness and focussed on more important things in life.

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
I believe some of those have had hair transplant's.

jimlad

Established Member
Reaction score
For me, it was this video:

also, it was becoming a nightmare to get my toppik to look “decent” (my hair was getting too thin)
This is the company I first went with. I, too, was inspired by this video.

That said, I actually think their work is fairly average. Passable for sure, but much happier working with my new stylist who has a much smaller business and has a real personal touch.

AxC123

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Already in like 2009 when I discovered Iglesias was wearing. Then right before actually starting good quality Youtube videos that show how easy and good looking it is, especially from this guy:
. And the local salon of course. Without the local salon I cannot imagine how I would've got the courage and started.
Quiff&co videos also got me curious. I saw one video of a guy swimming in a pool, and said to myself, sh*t, they can actually swim and go underwater with hairpieces !! that's when the light went on for me.

Afterwards, researched, visited a few salons and luckily met a women's wig shop owner that wanted to experiment with men's, so we experienced this together, happy that i can now do it all myself, except cutting, although have done a few systems myself

christopher micheals

My Regimen
Reaction score
i believe that every man saying that bald is okay is lying at himself deep down just to feel satisfied
that's the human nature and i lived that.. losing a hair is like losing anything else in the body it's not that easy specially at young age
you don't believe me?.. look at the same man when he sees a guy with good looking hair and you'll be able to see it in his eyes
even a guy like joe rogan was once fighting to keep his hair there's no shame in that

Last edited:

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
i believe that every man saying that bald is okay is lying at himself deep down just to feel satisfied
that's the human nature and i lived that.. losing a hair is like losing anything else in the body it's not that easy specially at young age
you don't believe me?.. look at the same man when he sees a guy with good looking hair and you'll be able to see it in his eyes
even a guy like joe rogan was once fighting to keep his hair there's no shame in that
Not sure that's true, plenty of bald people accept their balding and don't do anything about it. That's different to the hypothetical would you prefer hair?

BaldAndBalder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score

Its not a death sentence, but if you want to date a western woman it may as well be.
on 10 women that would consider dating you with hair only 1 or 2 would still consider dating you without.
There has been an interesting experiment on dating apps about it. Same guy, same bio, one with hair and one without, the result is as you would expect.

George Hen

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
A hair system was actually my last resort and I was reluctant to try it. I figured if it didn’t work I could take it off and life would go on without any consequence. A few years later it’s one of the best decisions I’ve ever made.

looks don’t change proportionally when you look at people with or without hair - some people look great with or without hair, some people look good with hair and don’t suit baldness at all.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Bald in itself is bad ofcourse. Numerous studies saying that. But what bald guys say is that there are more things in life with which you can compensate baldness. The question is how important part is hair in the bigger picture, if you consider the eyes, smile, complexion, jaw, height, muscles, fat etc. If you just take it out and compare a bald guy with a nw1, ofcourse nw1 is better. But what if hair is for example only 1% of total looks?

Fanjeera

Reaction score
Its not a death sentence, but if you want to date a western woman it may as well be.
on 10 women that would consider dating you with hair only 1 or 2 would still consider dating you without.
There has been an interesting experiment on dating apps about it. Same guy, same bio, one with hair and one without, the result is as you would expect.
Can you link those expirements?

Jake1979

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
For me I was just "stuck in the mud" as a bald person. I felt I couldn't move forward in life bc even if I:
1) got my body in peak physical shape in the gym
2) progressed in career and financially
3) developed a great personality and sense of humor
4) got really tan and skin looked great
Etc etc.....
At the end of the day I was still bald and when I took off my cap I didn't like what I saw in the mirror.

Now that I have a hair system I feel like I want things in life again. I feel a renewed sense of hope for my future and I have the energy and confidence to go after things that before I was just too scared or too depressed to pursue.

Bald men who fully accept themselves as such may call my mindset weak, but it is what it is.

We are all different and are all affected completely differently by loss of physical attributes.

That's the best way I can describe my transformation...a little hair on top goes a very long way, even if the "change" is mostly just IN my own head rather than ON it
:)

Last edited:

mrdavies

Established Member
Reaction score
Bald in itself is bad ofcourse. Numerous studies saying that. But what bald guys say is that there are more things in life with which you can compensate baldness. The question is how important part is hair in the bigger picture, if you consider the eyes, smile, complexion, jaw, height, muscles, fat etc. If you just take it out and compare a bald guy with a nw1, ofcourse nw1 is better. But what if hair is for example only 1% of total looks?
Weird that I see so many younger bald guys with hot girlfriends then. Men lose their hair women know this. If you honestly put hair in the same category of life and death I really think you need to speak to someone.

BaldAndBalder

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Can you link those expirements?

"While 254 women out of a total of 394 matches wanted to get to know the brunette Christian, only 30 were interested in the bald one. In addition, the 29-year-old with hair received 19 messages from interested women, whereas without a mane he only got six."

basically, if you're bald and gay its sexy but if you're bald and strait, you're f***ed