What concealer do you guys use/recommend?

LeBronJames

Banned
Reaction score
I know about Toppik.

Do you guys use concealers? If so, which one do you use? which one would you recommend?

I would most likely just use it on my front, on the hairline area. I am diffuse thinning, but I dont mind a little scalp showing on crown and top. But it doesnt look all that great when there's thinning at the front.

These concealers are a bit expensive. Toppik, for example, is $50.. How long does that last? I'm hoping it will last for months, that'll be amazing. I wouldnt use it everyday, as I've always been a hat person. I would only use it on days where I dont wear a hat.

Thanks guys!

rbaloha

Reaction score
I know about Toppik.

Do you guys use concealers? If so, which one do you use? which one would you recommend?

I would most likely just use it on my front, on the hairline area. I am diffuse thinning, but I dont mind a little scalp showing on crown and top. But it doesnt look all that great when there's thinning at the front.

These concealers are a bit expensive. Toppik, for example, is $50.. How long does that last? I'm hoping it will last for months, that'll be amazing. I wouldnt use it everyday, as I've always been a hat person. I would only use it on days where I dont wear a hat.

Thanks guys!

I personally like Majik. It is very hard to find though but it is the most natural hair fiber you can find because Majik uses 100% real hair. There are no fibers like it but its pricy.
And my hair feels naturally much thicker because of the real hair particles.
All other hair fibers are plant based formulas and when you leave for long time....the end of the day.. it leaves a greasy film on your hair and I wonder if that is not good for your scalp.
I did like Nanogen though for a plant based hair fiber but Majik is really awesome.
It is a product out of my country USA so it is hard to find here. Time to time I can find it on ebay but then it won't be listed again for some time so I have to keep checking back.

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Couvre is outstanding--been using full scalp last 23 years. Perfect for diffuse and use up to frontal. You have to go light up front.

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Couvre is outstanding--been using full scalp last 23 years. Perfect for diffuse and use up to frontal. You have to go light up front.

Tell us more... How does it compare to Toppik and Dermm? What's the difference. Do you need more hair on your head to use this one?

Thinning Sucks

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes need some amount of hair and if diffuse works well and best for dark hair. Toppik over the Couvre for crown if real thin works well. Never tried Derm

Esprit

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Yes need some amount of hair and if diffuse works well and best for dark hair. Toppik over the Couvre for crown if real thin works well. Never tried Derm

You've been using for 23 years? Full scalp... I used to use Derm front and back, but need fibres now mainly back. Are you maintaining while using it or just use Couvre?

They're advertising Toppik in a Spray Can now, and something called Fullmore, Which appear to be exactly the same thing, Anyone know what the difference is? Both called 'coloured hair thickener' and both from the same company

SpaceFox

Reaction score
Aren't they all basically the same thing? do any of them have any specific topics!!?:freaked::freaked::freaked:

losingit1974

Reaction score
I've pretty much used all concealers over the years and found that Couvre and Derm did the same thing, though Derm is more subtle. I used both on a slick crown and Derm was also loads less messy when washing off.

It's pretty much essential to add fibres as well to get extra volume if you're slick like I am, but I even managed to pull off a natural (ish) looking hairline on a grade one buzz cut.

The issue is rain. I work outdoors sometimes and really used to fear the rain, especially in the summer when I'd neglected to bring a coat with hood. I must have looked like some sort of umbrella pervert, or absolute wimp to my colleagues.

I've had SMP now so don't have to worry about rain. Thank god.

AlexieJ

Reaction score
Don't use the liquid/spray ones...I find that they don't work as well as powder/fiber based concealers. I use Strand Maximizer hair fibers and find the cost cheaper than most brands and seems to work just as well.

DavidS

Reaction score
I use Finally Hair

I recommend Finally Hair (finallyhair.com) - great product, excellent customer service, and saves me tons of money.

Also, I was itching like crazy with Toppik. What I like about Finally is doesn't itch, no silica and other questionable ingredients.