What Chance Have I Got?? Norwood?? Help

Craigcharles

Reaction score
Hi guys,

Have no idea when it comes to hairloss. I’m losing hair pretty rapidly and have left it to get to the stage people are noticing l.

Have I left it too late? What Norwood am I?

What should my regime be.

Pics below
4576A0FA-0C93-4D8B-A035-80B66D2D9BDF.jpeg
75C49BE2-E5A3-4362-9EE8-7CB4FA9EE9AE.jpeg

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Have someone told you are balding? Otherwise I highly doubt people think you are balding. Your hair is way too good, at least at this moment, for anyone to take any notice.

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have a mature hairline doesn't necessarily mean you are balding. Just keep an eye on it for the next 12 months and report back.

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you losing tons of hair everyday ?

Like over 200 centralized to the top and front as apposed to the sides and back?

Take of note of this. Let me know.

I was where you are at 9 months ago when I started a shed. It’s been ongoing and since then my density has cleared out. I’ve also receded a good cm. You certainly haven’t left it too late.

Craigcharles

Reaction score
Have someone told you are balding? Otherwise I highly doubt people think you are balding. Your hair is way too good, at least at this moment, for anyone to take any notice.
Few people have noticed my crown, 'you are starting to bald' its been downhill since then. getting a really itchy head now.

Craigcharles

Reaction score
You have a mature hairline doesn't necessarily mean you are balding. Just keep an eye on it for the next 12 months and report back.
do you really think this is just a maturing hairline?

I lost hairs daily and my density on the top of my head is non exitstent. my long hair hides this well.

Craigcharles

Reaction score

Like over 200 centralized to the top and front as apposed to the sides and back?

I was where you are at 9 months ago when I started a shed. It’s been ongoing and since then my density has cleared out. I’ve also receded a good cm. You certainly haven’t left it too late.

Maybe losing about 50 hairs a day, hairs are long and very dry. don't seem healthy atal.

what did you do regarding your regime? did u start on finasteride?

my crown is starting to get noticeable, I have bought finasteride but just haven't started. was thinking 0.5mg a day to start as of next week?

thanks for the reply

Murkey Thumb

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
do you really think this is just a maturing hairline?

I lost hairs daily and my density on the top of my head is non exitstent. my long hair hides this well.
Your perception of density and mine are very different. If it bothers you take a quarter of a 1mg finasteride per day. You are far less likely to get nasty sides. But remember this is something you will have to take for the next 5-10 years just to maintain.

german89

Established Member
Reaction score

Im losing this amount of hair - and even more - for the last 6 years (since i started finasteride).

@Craigcharles : your crown looks good imo. very strange that people notice something. your trmples are a little bit receeded, nothing dramatic tough. you still have great density and i dont see much miniaturization (but the photo from your front is not very sharp). You can make a trichoscann to evaluate hair density and hair growth phases, just to be sure.

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Im losing this amount of hair - and even more - for the last 6 years (since i started finasteride).

@Craigcharles : your crown looks good imo. very strange that people notice something. your trmples are a little bit receeded, nothing dramatic tough. you still have great density and i dont see much miniaturization (but the photo from your front is not very sharp). You can make a trichoscann to evaluate hair density and hair growth phases, just to be sure.

Are you still maintaining ? Any signs of improvement ?

max.b

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score

How would you even know how many hairs you are losing?

You could be shedding on your bed, carpet, in the shower, etc. and not know how many hairs you lose daily.

Also, sometimes hairs are lost permanently. Other times, new ones grow from the same follicle.

BTW, OP looks like he's trending towards baldness (But still looks OK)

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How would you even know how many hairs you are losing?

You could be shedding on your bed, carpet, in the shower, etc. and not know how many hairs you lose daily.

Also, sometimes hairs are lost permanently. Other times, new ones grow from the same follicle.

BTW, OP looks like he's trending towards baldness (But still looks OK)

You would know by counting them. A neurotic way to spend your time no doubt. And obviously this would still be a rough estimate but counting near 300 from areas vulnerable to male pattern baldness is very different then counting near 50 eh ? Also the majority of anyone counting hair (lots of people on HairLossTalk.com trying to determine the severity of their situation) use their bed and shower to count the hairs.

A shed hair means nothing more than the end of one hair cycle and soon the start of another unless that hair is obviously miniaturizing.

Have you got anything else to teach us, friend ?

max.b

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
To count shed hair, you have to collect it first. How do you do that?

Or are you assuming that you are only shedding on your hair brush?

max.b

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
A lot of hair probably gets drained into the shower drain.

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To count shed hair, you have to collect it first. How do you do that?

Or are you assuming that you are only shedding on your hair brush?

Everyone does it with shower stoppers and a pillow case. Also the pull test, using shampoo etc. You are too ignorant to reason with.

max.b

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Everyone does it with shower stoppers and a pillow case. Also the pull test, using shampoo etc. You are too ignorant to reason with.

I doubt that "everyone" does that. It sounds pretty pathetic.

Yakitori

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Few people have noticed my crown, 'you are starting to bald' its been downhill since then. getting a really itchy head now.

That's very surprising... your hair line that exposed shows that you are losing some hair but that crown by itself should not garner any comments.

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I doubt that "everyone" does that. It sounds pretty pathetic.
‘Everyone’ being everyone who counts hairs uses these various methods. You’re on a forum for hairloss. Obviously you care about your hair. It’s not up to you to decide who is pathetic for caring about their own.

Edit: you’ve been on here since 2012 and clearly you haven’t found a solution nor have you spent any time learning anything lol.

max.b

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hold up. Let me see if I understand it. You take showers with the stopper. Then you use a pillowcase to fish out all of the hairs. Then you sort them by length to determine where they are from, and then you count them? And you do that daily, like a mofo? To what end?

If there was some utility to doing that, I'd understand it, but it sounds like you just do it to feel sorry for yourself.

hopeforhappiness

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hold up. Let me see if I understand it. You take showers with the stopper. Then you use a pillowcase to fish out all of the hairs. Then you sort them by length to determine where they are from, and then you count them? And you do that daily, like a mofo? To what end?

If there was some utility to doing that, I'd understand it, but it sounds like you just do it to feel sorry for yourself.

I counted hairs when trying to determine whether or not I had male pattern baldness because I had seen 3 derms and none of them were able to diagnose me. I would say the majority of the posters on this forum use shedding as an indicator to determine whether or not treatments are working. So if I felt compelled to explain the ‘utility’ of doing so that is what I would say. Are you trying to offend all of them as well or just me ?

I don’t typically waist time arguing with old men or american hillbillies so we will just have to agree to disagree :)