What can I tell the people why I shaved my head?

intoleranz1

Reaction score
all my friends and even my girlfried don't know that I was losing my hair. and I always told them that I would never shave my head, cause I look stupid without hair. now i secretly got a hair transplant and had to shave my head of course.
i don't want to tell the real reason. got some excuses that i could tell why I shaved my head?

Norwood One

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You'd be surprised how little people know about balding unless there's a baldspot in the back or severe temple recession.

A guy I know in my social circle had a pretty receded hairline and thin hair but not one of the girls in the circle would consider or label him bald or balding. I recognized it immediately. A few weeks later he just shaved it bald. People asked him yo why'd you shave your head. He's like "I'm just trying out a new look".

Fooled everybody (except Norwood One, I have a pHD in spotting norwoods...) I hate this disease.

shookwun

Reaction score
You'd be surprised how little people know about balding unless there's a baldspot in the back or severe temple recession.

A guy I know in my social circle had a pretty receded hairline and thin hair but not one of the girls in the circle would consider or label him bald or balding. I recognized it immediately. A few weeks later he just shaved it bald. People asked him yo why'd you shave your head. He's like "I'm just trying out a new look".

Fooled everybody (except Norwood One, I have a pHD in spotting norwoods...) I hate this disease.

People would address the early suffers as not having good hair, and having a bad hair day. Common phrases you hear people say without actually understanding the underlying condition.

When I used to be a comb over artist my manager at some **** hole bakery told me my hair resembled a mop of hair. stringy etc. Without actually understanding that I had male pattern baldness

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
People would address the early suffers as not having good hair, and having a bad hair day. Common phrases you hear people say without actually understanding the underlying condition.

When I used to be a comb over artist my manager at some **** hole bakery told me my hair resembled a mop of hair. stringy etc. Without actually understanding that I had male pattern baldness

Yes, similar to this. Also I think a lot of people don't get their hair cut if they only recently started receding, I know I haven't had my haircut since just before male pattern baldness became obvious. I actually really need to get it cut now because although the hairline has got better, the scalp is still quite thin and the back and sides have grown very thick as they are growing at their normal rate. It's started to look silly, I've been putting off a haircut till the hairline is acceptable but I think I may have to do it sooner rather than later.

Pequod

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Tell them you had a bad allergic reaction to a medication and your doctor said your hair will grow back again.

arfy

Established Member
Reaction score
Nobody could tell you were losing your hair, and you still got a hair transplant anyway?

Wolf Pack

My Regimen
Reaction score
Say you want to be shaved like an alpha, through choice :jump:

arfy

Established Member
Reaction score
You can make up anything. Nobody else really cares about your hair. Say you got drunk and did it, or you lost a bet, or you just wanted to try it out.

anxious1

Established Member
Reaction score
tell them you had dermititis and had to shave it to stop the itch. when/if u solve the male pattern baldness, u can let it grow and say you cured the dermititis. mention dermititis and they wont be comfortable talking about it any more. problem solved. also the allergic reaction to a med is also a great idea.

both are true in my case although its on top of male pattern baldness.

Reaction score
I'm interested to know how many people who have already had a hair transplant have been honest about it to their surroundings vs. making up some excuse? I personally have no idea how I would handle that.

Hairloss23

Banned
Reaction score
I'm interested to know how many people who have already had a hair transplant have been honest about it to their surroundings vs. making up some excuse? I personally have no idea how I would handle that.

If you can then definitely hide it, if you have to tell people about it then try make up a believable excuse. If none of those options are viable then hide indoors until the hair transplant grows in and if that's not an option tell the people and watch them judge you as a vain scumbag for just trying to fight the curse that is male pattern baldness.

Reaction score
If you can then definitely hide it, if you have to tell people about it then try make up a believable excuse. If none of those options are viable then hide indoors until the hair transplant grows in and if that's not an option tell the people and watch them judge you as a vain scumbag for just trying to fight the curse that is male pattern baldness.

Would it be a crazy idea to wear a hair piece the first say 5 months?

oye_rg

Established Member
Reaction score
You can say you are supporting a cancer charity, although I would very seriously and strongly advise against lying about this for such a trivial reason. So why don't you go ahead and actually support a cancer charity. Then you will have a real reason and also feel good about it. As a matter of belief, God will ensure your hair stay well.

Else go with any reason, lost a bet, trying a different look, wanted to clean my scalp of dandruff, etc. Nobody would care.

shookwun

Reaction score
All this is bull****. Everyone's going to know you a had a transplant. Even small procedures like temple restoration involve translating and reinforcing the whole frontal third.

Just roll with the punches. In a few months when your native hair grows back and you start sprouting it will all be worth the agony

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
If you got more than a few transplants people will easily be able to tell. This BS by hair transplant doctors that the redness will go away in 10 to 14 day is just that, BS. Your scalp will be red for 5 or more months. You will probably get breakouts of acne on your head too. Once the the transplanted hair starts to grow people will be able to tell because it will come in very fine and not blend well with the natural hair. Don't belive this stuff about it growing in so slow that people won't notice. Everyone will notice.

- - - Updated - - -

You can say you are supporting a cancer charity, although I would very seriously and strongly advise against lying about this for such a trivial reason. So why don't you go ahead and actually support a cancer charity.

Please do not support a cancer charity. Billions and billions of dollars have been thrown at breast cancer research alone and we are no closer to a cure than we were 50 years ago. The phony cut, bur, and poison cancer "treatments" are a trillion dollar industry. More people make a living off cancer than die from it. They will never be a cure for that gravy train. Cancer research is a sham and all donations do is keep research people employed who have no intention of finding a cure and then being out of work.

Deadman1

Established Member
Reaction score
No one ever guessed I had a hair transplant.

All I got was: "why don't you grow your hair out?!"

People outside the world of hair loss just don't have a clue.

Also, I was red for like a one week or two.

Staying red for 5 months is not the norm, but it happens to some people.

You are the guy who got a hair transplant for the sole purpose of shaving your head bald. I'll never understand that. If you don't shave your head there is a huge difference between that natural hair and the transplanted hair. With a shaved head what is there for them to notice? People may have noticed but just didn't want to be rude and say something.