What can I realistically expect from a hair transplant?

Rosss11

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all,

I posted not so long ago but nerves are kicking in a bit now.

iv been pretty in denial about my hair loss, relying on concealers and caps and always had a hair transplant in the back of my mind but tried not to think about it too much.

its come to the point now where I can’t cover it up much longer as the recession is too bad.

i have booked a consultation with B I s a n g a, but after reading on this forum recently I’m concerned as to my candidacy and expectations.

i would be doing this without finesteride too due to past sexual problems.

I’d be open to further surgeries in future if need be, just want to know if restoring my hair line would be realistic

thanks again

Ross

Attachments

• CFC5DDE6-55BA-4E79-B88D-1EAB1EA01686.jpeg
    CFC5DDE6-55BA-4E79-B88D-1EAB1EA01686.jpeg
    94.2 KB · Views: 251
  • 2789FD9E-67F4-426F-8B35-8CC5C9B12510.jpeg
    2789FD9E-67F4-426F-8B35-8CC5C9B12510.jpeg
    117.2 KB · Views: 250
  • 2F999785-7421-43CB-9C59-FF3469842F55.jpeg
    2F999785-7421-43CB-9C59-FF3469842F55.jpeg
    52.3 KB · Views: 258
  • D4BDDA54-F860-4D88-B817-EF6E56B0E885.jpeg
    D4BDDA54-F860-4D88-B817-EF6E56B0E885.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 244

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey all,

iv been pretty in denial about my hair loss, relying on concealers and caps and always had a hair transplant in the back of my mind but tried not to think about it too much.

its come to the point now where I can’t cover it up much longer as the recession is too bad.

i have booked a consultation with B I s a n g a, but after reading on this forum recently I’m concerned as to my candidacy and expectations.

I’d be open to further surgeries in future if need be, just want to know if restoring my hair line would be realistic

thanks again

Ross
Eh, it might work for you but look up issues with scarring and frizziness of transplanted hair as well as fringe and even grafts dissipating over time, like maybe eh 20 years but it comes faster than you think. The main problem is that transplants do not improve hair quality nor texture and especially they appear never to increase anagen which is far more key than mere hair counts. You look like a good candidate for full coverage, at least initially for your age, say 45? Somehow you look younger hair-wise from the back. Just a freebie but botox on the mandibles might dampen future hair loss and botox on that forehead and elsewhere might take 15 years off your face.

I had transplants in the olden days but mostly things appear to be much better today especially if you use finasteride/duta for maintenance which is a requirement of all responsible doctors lest they get sued.... So if finasteride doesn't work, go on dutasteride now as it might not have any noticeable sides save maintenance. RU might work less well but it's still hormonal in terms of "decreasing maleness".

Best,
Janey

Rosss11

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Janey,

ha don’t know whether to laugh or cry I’m 31, I guess hair concealers make a huge difference, would defo consider Botox especially if helped with hair, have attached photos with concealers etc to see the difference it can make..
Unfortunately I wouldn’t take finasteride due to past sexual problems

Attachments

• 23A34BD8-3D55-4E26-B191-93850F5BBA2B.jpeg
    23A34BD8-3D55-4E26-B191-93850F5BBA2B.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 268
  • 00A4217A-4B1C-425F-9F7D-C0547B159F9B.jpeg
    00A4217A-4B1C-425F-9F7D-C0547B159F9B.jpeg
    203.3 KB · Views: 272
  • D7020485-E06E-41A6-B166-3C996F9D1E68.png
    D7020485-E06E-41A6-B166-3C996F9D1E68.png
    474.8 KB · Views: 272

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Janey,

ha don’t know whether to laugh or cry I’m 31, I guess hair concealers make a huge difference, would defo consider Botox especially if helped with hair, have attached photos with concealers etc to see the difference it can make..
Janey was mostly referring to the forehead lines but since this is your thread and all, I will share what's possible with Retin-A, beard removal, botox on the dual masseter muscles and botox on the forehead. Filler can do amazing things and is an hour-long same day procedure with immediate and noticeable effects. Botox and it's close copies take 4 to say 10 days and it's very cheap compared to filler.

Now that I see that body, kudos on that. Some of it with your hair line improvement will de-age you. The second pic is ironically named as I am almost 57.

Attachments

• Fading Fast--6-6-17.jpg
    Fading Fast--6-6-17.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 168
  • 30somthin.jpeg
    30somthin.jpeg
    81.9 KB · Views: 169

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Janey,

Try dutasteride and try not to overthink it which is hard for you young guys with all of the placebo-type fears before you even try it. One guy alleged something like an immediate LSD trip so I tried to find out if he was using brand or generic because that sounds like a feature to Janey, not a bug<winks> Us older XY's took our meds happily, both min and finasteride since in terms of advances in ameliorating hair loss, they are both ultra-game changers especially in terms of maintenance and yes, probably in terms of low sides compared to say, Estrogen. Strange how many MtF's state that they maintain full function albeit perhaps with the bad word on here, v****, there it goes to V*****.

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Hey all,

thanks again

Ross
You have great hair characteristic for a hair transplant. Your hair with concealer is amazing. I would never be able to tell there was anything wrong. If you can't use finasteride then you realize your investment in hair transplant might be uneventful in the future if you bald more. And your risk for shock loss becomes greater without finasteride. I would at least consider using finasteride topically if you are considering a hair transplant.

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Try dutasteride and try not to overthink it which is hard for you young guys with all of the placebo-type fears before you even try it. One guy alleged something like an immediate LSD trip so I tried to find out if he was using brand or generic because that sounds like a feature to Janey, not a bug<winks> Us older XY's took our meds happily, both min and finasteride since in terms of advances in ameliorating hair loss, they are both ultra-game changers especially in terms of maintenance and yes, probably in terms of low sides compared to say, Estrogen. Strange how many MtF's state that they maintain full function albeit perhaps with the bad word on here, v****, there it goes to V*****.
And wow! You already got the tall blonde with long legs! Janey tends to follow them around like big sisters in the supermarket.

Very interesting look overall and I think Beckham comparisons might apply and he might have had some work done but with the better hair, you won't lack in contact with XX's or ahem, some XY's but not Janey so much since she claims to be strictly chickly.

Have you ever tried more of an executive look? You could pull that off too! I have branched off into "free" style advice but going from XY to MtF is sort of reverse styling and I used to be an immaculate dresser as a male until baldness set in for the second time after 30 years and my face went to hell with dermatitis and rashes and infections. You might look great in a sports jacket with a more tapered look maybe for special occasions like I do with my wig.

Plus in the second trio you bravely show your face and it's nice--most guys are afraid to even post pics for advice and you did so in a very complete and courteous manner. Janey was worried you had a mustache without the beard which is very gay male/1970's p**rn in terms of look. It's popular with the working class guys in Pittsburgh and Will tried it for a while but mostly went with a short beard on his formerly angular face....

Last edited:

JaneyElizabeth

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks Janey,

You might have a wart on the back of your hair towards the bottom of the fringe. I have one albeit covered with hair and it is a pain when the comb hits it or formerly for me, grazed against my plug sores all over my fringe.

I am thinking about wart removal since it's been there a while and every time I pick it off, it comes back. Why doesn't hair work that way? I might go to the dermatologist since I am worried about hurting my hair by freezing it off at home but I might try that too.

sonofvegeta

My Regimen
Reaction score
just do it bro, if its been on the back of your mind its a sign to do it, if you have the money for it ...and the 2nd set of pics ?? what kind of concelaer is that lol looks like 2 different people wow ....

Rosss11

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys, I have consultation in a few weeks and looking forward to it, just worried about being rejected as a candidate.. I just want the hairline and front repaired, towards back will continue to thin but I’m obviously a pro at concealers lol

I use dermatch on my head first to create the darkness and shadow, nanogen thickening spray to lay the hair forwards and then cover in nanogen hair fibres, tons of hair spray and gets great results… can’t go anywhere near water though or let anyone touch your hair!

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Thanks for the responses guys, I have consultation in a few weeks and looking forward to it, just worried about being rejected as a candidate.. I just want the hairline and front repaired, towards back will continue to thin but I’m obviously a pro at concealers lol

I use dermatch on my head first to create the darkness and shadow, nanogen thickening spray to lay the hair forwards and then cover in nanogen hair fibres, tons of hair spray and gets great results… can’t go anywhere near water though or let anyone touch your hair!
You should do a video of how you conceal your hair. That is one of the best jobs I have seen on this forum. You are definitely an artist when it comes to concealer. I tried using dermatch and it was a big mess. I am sure you would get over a million views with your video.

Rosss11

My Regimen
Reaction score
You should do a video of how you conceal your hair. That is one of the best jobs I have seen on this forum. You are definitely an artist when it comes to concealer. I tried using dermatch and it was a big mess. I am sure you would get over a million views with your video.
Funny you should say that, I thought that today, no one really notices my hair, or at least they don’t say so… il try do a step by step tomorrow and post, il add couple more pics

Attachments

• 5071CA0D-2A98-4352-8CBA-ACC4590FC73E.jpeg
    5071CA0D-2A98-4352-8CBA-ACC4590FC73E.jpeg
    69.2 KB · Views: 211
  • 6770CB46-8BE1-4CD4-88DF-767FE54EBE99.jpeg
    6770CB46-8BE1-4CD4-88DF-767FE54EBE99.jpeg
    62.5 KB · Views: 207
  • 26DAFA43-7DF4-4F03-9B92-AD82414071C4.jpeg
    26DAFA43-7DF4-4F03-9B92-AD82414071C4.jpeg
    120.3 KB · Views: 208

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Funny you should say that, I thought that today, no one really notices my hair, or at least they don’t say so… il try do a step by step tomorrow and post, il add couple more pics
At least you know this is your worse case scenario if you are not a hair transplant candidate. Most doctors want you on finasteride for one year before the transplant.