What Can I Do About My Temple Points?

xetrys

Established Member
Reaction score
Been thinkering about a hair system for a while, but I'm not sure I could pull it off. For some reason I can't upload pictures in the thread.

https://imgur.com/a/dhdnHzu

I think it's obvious that up till the ears there is some thinning and recession going on. Mind you this is 1 day growth so I might grow it out a bit and update this thread at a later point. Remainder of the non male pattern baldness region is quite thick. Can this still work with a hair system or what would my options be? Temple transplant into hair system a better idea? (I'm too far gone for a regular transplant). I've been on topical finasteride+minoxidil but actually have never used it on the temple points, can this work?

Thanks!

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey! How old are you?

I think it would work great without transplants.

You would just need to make sure the template is made appropriately for your hairline. It would be very natural for you to have a higher up hairline, probably right where you still have that growth in your front area, and then taper it off back to your sides.

Hope that made sense haha

xetrys

Established Member
Reaction score
Hey! How old are you?

I think it would work great without transplants.

You would just need to make sure the template is made appropriately for your hairline. It would be very natural for you to have a higher up hairline, probably right where you still have that growth in your front area, and then taper it off back to your sides.

Hope that made sense haha

I'm 24. Thanks! The front area is where my natural hairline once was (or so I think.. went NW3 at 17 so it's been a while). I'm having the idea that at the end of the day the temple points are a bit of a subjective matter, temple points seem to come in a lot of thicknesses/sizes from what I've seen. I think I'm just going to also apply my topical there for the time being, as I can't finance it atm (just finished uni). So it will be an interesting transition from obviously balding to a system, but honestly f*** it.

Noah

Reaction score
Very good advice from Matt. Getting a system to look natural and balanced requires a bit of good judgement. If your sides are obviously receding you should take that into account when deciding on where the hairline of your system needs to go. You can still have an attractive head of hair with good coverage.

It's not easy to tell what your sidehair would look like if you grew it out. My best guess is that your temple points have diminished, but not completely gone. Even if the edge of your sidehair comes up vertically from your sideburns, that is still OK. The problem only really occurs if that line goes backwards. Then it is hard to make a system look balanced, and you have to think of designing temple flaps onto the template, or maybe a temple hair transplant.

xetrys

Established Member
Reaction score
Very good advice from Matt. Getting a system to look natural and balanced requires a bit of good judgement. If your sides are obviously receding you should take that into account when deciding on where the hairline of your system needs to go. You can still have an attractive head of hair with good coverage.

It's not easy to tell what your sidehair would look like if you grew it out. My best guess is that your temple points have diminished, but not completely gone. Even if the edge of your sidehair comes up vertically from your sideburns, that is still OK. The problem only really occurs if that line goes backwards. Then it is hard to make a system look balanced, and you have to think of designing temple flaps onto the template, or maybe a temple hair transplant.

I agree, the same thing that applies to transplants applies to hair systems; make it look natural. Agreed it's not easy, probably let it grow for a week or so and post again. I think I have a fair shot at covering a lot of the thinning as the terminal hair should be quite thick, but the 'triangles' (I think one is better than the other) are probably going to be a bit sparse. I wonder though if this is the 'final' stage of the temple area, so maybe I could maintain with fina/minoxidil, but we'll see, I'll have a while to experiment things before actually taking the leap to a system.

xetrys

Established Member
Reaction score
https://imgur.com/a/ealZbtJ

9 days growth, pics taken in light. Starting to think I might have dupa as well if I look at these pics.. might switch to oral finasteride as a topical doesn't make sense if you have to slather your whole head. not sure i could even wear a hair system when the back and sides look like this :eek:

Last edited:

matt0135

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
https://imgur.com/a/ealZbtJ

9 days growth, pics taking in light. Starting to think I might have dupa as well if I look at these pics.. might switch to oral finasteride as a topical doesn't make sense if you have to slather your whole head. not sure i could even wear a hair system when the back and sides look like this :eek:

I think its fine but you're in a similar position I am in. I just order my system with a slightly less density around the perimeter to help blend in and reduce cut in time. I think I do 90 or 95% on top and maybe 80-85 sides. I think you could pull off a nice disconnect look or if you're trying to get a stealthy transition i'd grow it out as much as possible first and blend it properly with your own bio hair.

Fanjeera

Reaction score
I think you've had such temple points your whole life. Some people just don't have forward temple points.

Get an AA hairline and you're good.

front-contour-shape.jpg

Though, you seem to have the best donor area hair right now. Probably you've not even started balding strongly yet. And maybe you never will and you will have that donor area totally available to transplant.

xetrys

Established Member
Reaction score
I think its fine but you're in a similar position I am in. I just order my system with a slightly less density around the perimeter to help blend in and reduce cut in time. I think I do 90 or 95% on top and maybe 80-85 sides. I think you could pull off a nice disconnect look or if you're trying to get a stealthy transition i'd grow it out as much as possible first and blend it properly with your own bio hair.

Hope I can, I think I'm going to grow it out some more, I'd need to anyways to be able to match color.

I think you've had such temple points your whole life. Some people just don't have forward temple points.

Get an AA hairline and you're good.

View attachment 122511

Though, you seem to have the best donor area hair right now. Probably you've not even started balding strongly yet. And maybe you never will and you will have that donor area totally available to transplant.

was hoping I could do better than AA at 24 to be honest :eek:
I'm definitely balding, just not very visible from these angles.
https://imgur.com/a/R0JGY2A

-Synergy-

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
was hoping I could do better than AA at 24 to be honest :eek:
I'm definitely balding, just not very visible from these angles.
https://imgur.com/a/R0JGY2A

I am 24 too, and my real hair is about an A right now from a CC. I wouldn't mind if there was some decent thickness. I think somewhere between an A and a CC is fair for our age. If you can get good growth on the sides you could try for something in the middle and if it doesn't work try an AA. It looks like your hair is thick but short on the sides and back.