What are your thoughts on .06 Poly Hairlines?

Smartone84

Established Member
Reaction score
So as I continue on this journey towards what will likely be a lace hair system, I've had an idea to invest in a partial (front only) poly system to get an idea of what poly would actually look like before I go jumping to lace. I'm likely going with an exposed hairline and know that swiss lace would be best, but the more I read and watch, it just seems like poly is the more popular choice with wearers and is much less maintenance so I'm a bit torn.

At around $100 for the piece this seems worth it to me to #1- Finally see what poly looks like once and for all on my head and #2- Give me peace of mind and an idea of what a hair system would be like before diving in head first and shaving my head off one day for a full topper.

Only problem is that the partial/frontal ONLY comes in an .06 poly. Not an ultra thin skin .03. If I ever did go the poly route with a full system, I'd go UTS as that seems to be the more preferred method for exposed hairlines. So to all those experienced wearers on here, do you think it is even worth it to see what an exposed hairline would look like with a .06?

Noah

Reaction score
I would say 0.6 poly is not ideal for a fully exposed slicked back or slicked up hairstyle, at least if you are concerned about it being detectable as a system. You would still be able to expose hairline somewhat, just not have it fully in the public gaze all the time. There are other factors too of course, such as whether the unit has a graduated hairline and bleached knots, and of course the quality of your attachment. Glue would be better than tape.

Smartone84

Established Member
Reaction score
I would say 0.6 poly is not ideal for a fully exposed slicked back or slicked up hairstyle, at least if you are concerned about it being detectable as a system. You would still be able to expose hairline somewhat, just not have it fully in the public gaze all the time. There are other factors too of course, such as whether the unit has a graduated hairline and bleached knots, and of course the quality of your attachment. Glue would be better than tape.
Well it would be a poly partial so no bleached knots but yes a graduated hairline would be necessary.

this video from Lordhair shows it being advertised with an exposed hairline but for all we know the guy could easily just have on the .03

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That looks like 0.03mm in the video.

I find it hard enough to expose the hairline on my 0.03 UTS so I can't imagine it'll be easy on the 0.06.

Do let us know how you get on and post pics if you can!

Smartone84

Established Member
Reaction score
That looks like 0.03mm in the video.

I find it hard enough to expose the hairline on my 0.03 UTS so I can't imagine it'll be easy on the 0.06.

Do let us know how you get on and post pics if you can!
Just curious why is it hard enough? I thought .03 UTS is the most undetectable out there. What company if I may ask?

deg_dilemma

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
UTS is great when (a) it is new or up to probably 2 months old and (b) when it is properly attached.

As the system ages and with the cleaning etc over time, the UTS 'hardens' ever so slightly and this makes it harder to disappear even with a good attachment.

As for the attachment, you always have to make sure it's perfect when exposing the hairline. The edge can show up if the glue isn't set right or if you sweat a lot, for example.

I've put lots of pics here (Pumped About My New Hair! Pictures Attached. | HairLossTalk Forums) when I got my latest UTS back in July/August. It was amazing, and to be fair it is still very good, but just needs that extra care now so make the hairline look good.

UTS is VERY easy to maintain though. For me this is a huge factor in my choice of base.