What Are The Real Problems In Life?

Timii

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I remember a guy on a forum who said that there are more serious problems in life than being ugly. It was an incel forum where people could vent about their life because of their unattractive appearance. The guy was an experienced member there so I don't think that he was trying to "bluepill" others. I also remember a member on lookism who said that lookism is only a distraction from "real life pills". If balding is such a catastrophic event , I wonder what are the real problems of life then. I'm an unexperienced 18-year-old guy whose only objective major problem was premature balding (obviously I also have problems like everyone but I think that being born unhealthy would be by far worse) , so I need some wise man here who gives me life lessons

Last edited:

jasonstatham

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Health.

People forgett that way too often (me aswell) how nice a painless life is.
I had as a teenager a huge back operation which was insane painfully. Good thing is that I dont really care about pain anymore. I also remember having a guy next to me in my room that had a surgery to extend his left legg cause it was shorter than his right one. He also was very young and dealing with pain that young puts you down to earth.

But still now 10 years later with way less hair, my hairloss of course isnt bad as a serios health problem, but boy I much rather can deal with pain than looking at a mirror and not seeing myself.

Saurabhaj

Reaction score
My dad always tell me..don't think about the past.
Move forward . .

Whenever I think about past,I have nothing but feeling of missing everything...
Everyone has missed something in life..but wasting future because of that is not fair.

Always try to think about present life and plan for the future and work hard for it.

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The “real problem” in the west is finding purpose. Most people, by necessity, work unfulfilling jobs. What used to make that tolerable was having a loving family. People are now told they can indefinitely postpone having a family in order to pursue materialistic pleasure instead. This has led to the crisis of unhappiness (“depression”) we have in the west.

We have far too much time to ponder things like hair loss and other ultimately superficial matters.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
The “real problem” in the west is finding purpose. Most people, by necessity, work unfulfilling jobs. What used to make that tolerable was having a loving family. People are now told they can indefinitely postpone having a family in order to pursue materialistic pleasure instead. This has led to the crisis of unhappiness (“depression”) we have in the west.

We have far too much time to ponder things like hair loss and other ultimately superficial matters.

You speak as if depression is something new, and it has nothing to do with brain chemistry. It’s not in any way new, and it often does. And its not just in the west, its in all countries. In fact virtually none of the countries reporting the highest rates of clinical depression are in the west.

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You speak as if depression is something new, and it has nothing to do with brain chemistry. It’s not in any way new, and it often does. And its not just in the west, its in all countries. In fact virtually none of the countries reporting the highest rates of clinical depression are in the west.

Most of the people on “antidepressants” in the west don’t have clinical depression.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Most of the people on “antidepressants” in the west don’t have clinical depression.

That may be true, but it in no way bolsters your point that depression is a western problem. Western countries report the lowest rates of depression, clinical or otherwise. And depression is by no means a new phenomenon.

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
That may be true, but it in no way bolsters your point that depression is a western problem. Western countries report the lowest rates of depression, clinical or otherwise. And depression is by no means a new phenomenon.

It’s a perceived problem in the west: with people believing they are “depressed” rather than dissatisfied with life. We appear to be talking at cross purposes.

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
It’s a perceived problem in the west: with people believing they are “depressed” rather than dissatisfied with life. We appear to be talking at cross purposes.

OK. So not only do people in the west report less depression than in other regions, but of those, many are not even depressed but merely dissatisfied. The west must really be doing something right then!

MorningGlory

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OK. So not only do people in the west report less depression than in other regions, but of those, many are not even depressed but merely dissatisfied. The west must really be doing something right then!

Of course it is, but look at all the millennial brats who wear their “depression” as a badge of honour. Which region reports the most depression?

yetti

Experienced Member
Reaction score
Of course it is, but look at all the millennial brats who wear their “depression” as a badge of honour. Which region reports the most depression?

North Africa/ Middle East. Russia is also higher than most of the west.

doubleindemnity

Reaction score
Hair loss totally is one of the real problems in life. It's the biggest problem besides health problems or bereavement. I'll explain why Jordan Peterson thinks so.

Jordan Peterson says that the meaning of life for men is responsibility. He also says that the most important thing for a man is to have a family, children etc. and that these are more important than career/job/money etc. He even says that if a man reaches age 40 and doesn't have these things, he will feel like a very lonely, alienated and lost member of society. Anyway, with aggressive hair loss, you will find it impossible to get married and have children. So, if we connect the two, hair loss is a matter of life and death.

jasonstatham

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
Hair loss totally is one of the real problems in life. It's the biggest problem besides health problems or bereavement. I'll explain why Jordan Peterson thinks so.

Jordan Peterson says that the meaning of life for men is responsibility. He also says that the most important thing for a man is to have a family, children etc. and that these are more important than career/job/money etc. He even says that if a man reaches age 40 and doesn't have these things, he will feel like a very lonely, alienated and lost member of society. Anyway, with aggressive hair loss, you will find it impossible to get married and have children. So, if we connect the two, hair loss is a matter of life and death.

Post of the day

Trichosan

My Regimen
Reaction score
Are you still with us @Timii ? If so, congratulations again on being aware of the most important thing in life at such an early age. My advice is based on education, research, reading and extensive real life experiences with the things I mention here. I've lived three of your lifetimes and then some. I've made many mistakes and learned from them. I hope you do not make the same ones and benefit from what you gather from this. I'll keep it short and to the point. Questions? Just ask.

First, a couple philosophical principles. Be aware life is short, try to make every moment meaningful. You came in to this world alone as a defenseless infant so don't think there is anything in this world you can not take on head first and by yourself. Meaning, you are the only one that will rule what judges you and in the end it is your self-assessment that counts.

Health first. Without your health you will have nothing. Do all you can to maintain and improve it. DO NOT USE DRUGS! The male brain is still wiring itself up to the age of 25 (although neuroplasticity occurs even into old age) and you will interfere with the programming that will be achieved through academic learning or skill learning.

Decide what you want to do in life. You must have a good job that pays good money. Either college and a profession or a skill that pays well, welder, electrician, etc. Get on it now. You do not want to be waiting on tables in a restaurant when you are 34 years old. Set a goal to accomplish it. Calculate how you are going to get into a school or training program and how long it will take you to complete and stick to that time frame. Plan, plan, plan. Use counselors at schools to help you focus on what you might be good at if necessary and guide you. Establish goals for what exactly you are going to be doing in 3 years and 5 years. Then the next 5 years. Be like a barracuda, go after your goal and never give up. If you are living with your parents, this is a great gift in life. To have a place to live and food without having to pay for it yourself while you get your education or training. Don't take this for granted. Oh, also, write down your goals and refer to them often. Better yet, keep them in plain sight.

Don't be around negative people (ok your here on this forum :rolleyes:. That's ok, just take it with a grain of salt). There's no time for that. Positiveness in thought attracts positive results in life. You are what you think. (books like The Power of Positive Thinking by Peale, The Self-talk Solution by Shad Hemstedder and others have proven this). To further help you achieve this:

Meditate. Learn, read how to meditate. Mindfulness meditation is healing and has antiaging benefits directly able to affect your genes. Exercise, helps your health but is somewhat a form of meditation. Clears the mind, protects against depression. A word on that. Some things will get you down. Then you turn inward and perhaps on yourself. I rather think it is being introspective, the mind turns inward to analyze and put things in perspective. When you do that, become an observer within yourself not the object of insult or a victim. Observe your inward self, accept who you are and how you can do better. A lot can be learned in that fortress of solitude (Superman) or as Sherlock Holmes would have it, the Mind Palace. Introspection not depression!

Ask yourself, what means the most to you in life right now. This will develop as life unfolds. But it is very important because it has been found that those who have a very high emotional attraction, a feeling of love or happiness towards something very dear, live longer and survive better under the most extreme physical or mental challenges and tend to be happier in life overall. If you can find a copy, I encourage you to read Man's Search for Meaning by Dr. Viktor Frankl. Many find this in their religion, their relationship with their family or even memories of places or people that they return to in thought.

That's all for now. The most important thing is to get going on being secure in life. Your maximum amount of life energy is between now and 25. It's like a star being born. Enjoy it too!

Fading Sun,
Trichosan

Cue Bald

Experienced Member
Reaction score
well i already have a degree, decent job, etc.

for me hair loss is a massive huge problem, the biggest problem i have.
as i am single, i wanted a wife and kids but due to my male pattern baldness i can't get a wife.
(hair loss hasn't stopped me from getting a job or anything like that, it is purely problems with the ladies)

i don't have too high standards either, i just want a woman who has normal - slightly chubby BMI; they don't have to be supermodels.
i am attracted to normal looking women.
unfortunately as a bald guy the only girls interested in me are fatties (massive ones), and i just couldn't spend my life or even sleep with someone i am not attracted to.

So no family, no kids all due to hair loss.
meditation and all that poo poo isn;t going to grow my hair back.
i am saving my cash for a hair transplant but even a hair transplant with great surgeons sometimes can only bring back thin wispy hair.