What an OBESE woman said about her balding blind date.

hellouser

My Regimen
Reaction score
Accusing them of sloth and gluttony IS an insult.

LOL, than what's the cause of their obesity? Like I said, if it isn't a genetic defect, it is sloth and gluttony. And that isn't badmouthing, and I've had fat people admit it themselves that their lazy and eat poorly, which translates to; sloth and gluttony.

Hold this L, you're not going to win this time.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
You're the one lying.
The below 3 italicized lines demonstrate you badmouthing obese people:

That unless its some medical condition that the reason shes big is cause she had fatty food? ok...what his point?
Sloth/gluttony and has noone to blame but herself.
Try telling that to a baldite as the reason for their baldness.

You badmouth them and you justify and endorse badmouthing them thereby inciting other people to insult them.

I dont know if you know but the first line in your three examples was me, i wasnt trying to be offensive though, just pointing out that the person i was replying to was just saying (even though in a chilish way) one obvious reasons for someone being fat.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I dont know if you know but the first line in your three examples was me, i wasnt trying to be offensive though, just pointing out that the person i was replying to was just saying (even though in a chilish way) one obvious reasons for someone being fat.

It wasn't you. You're an intelligent gentleman. It was Hellouser's who did the name-calling.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
It wasn't you. It was Hellouser's who did the name-calling.

I was just pointing out that i was the one who said this "That unless its some medical condition that the reason shes big is cause she had fatty food? ok...what his point?"

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Im was just pointing out that i was the one who said this "That unless its some medical condition that the reason shes big is cause she had fatty food? ok...what his point?"

Well, I work at a hospital. I work with pharmacy and liaison between patients and doctors so let me give some causes of weight gain:

Depression: We are talking about millions of depressed people in USA alone.

Edema: over 4 million people in USA alone.

Thyroid issues: as another poster said can cause weight gain

Genetics: Scientists have found genes that they say make it more difficult for some people to keep weight off by lowering their BMI. In other words its' easier for you than them to keep weight off.

Hormonal changes - estrogen in particular can wreak havoc on a woman's cute little 18-inch waist line.

High stress: and the people who gain weight from this are not under a small amount of stress. A bunch of them are seeing shrinks about some stressful event.

Medicines: especially anti-depressants and lithium but others as well. Do you have any idea how many big people in USA are taking anti-depressants or lithium? Millions. Some high blood pressure and diabetes medicines cause weight gain. Do you know how many Americans use these kinds of drugs.

BTW, I think that some people who think they are overweight because they lack willpower don't even know themselves that genetics or medicines they take or some other factor may be playing a role in their excess weight.

Of course there are people who simply make bad food choices or bad lifestyle choices. I for one do not care to insult even these people. I do not like people insulting bald people and I don't want to be like the people who do.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
Well, I work at a hospital. I work with pharmacy and liaison between patients and doctors so let me give some causes of weight gain:

Depression: We are talking about millions of depressed people in USA alone.

Edema: over 4 million people in USA alone.

Thyroid issues: as another poster said can cause weight gain

Genetics: Scientists have found genes that they say make it more difficult for some people to keep weight off by lowering their BMI. In other words its' easier for you than them to keep weight off.

Hormonal changes - estrogen in particular can wreak havoc on a woman's cute little 18-inch waist line.

High stress: and the people who gain weight from this are not under a small amount of stress. A bunch of them are seeing shrinks about some stressful event.

Medicines: especially anti-depressants and lithium but others as well. Do you have any idea how many big people in USA are taking anti-depressants or lithium? Millions. Some high blood pressure and diabetes medicines cause weight gain. Do you know how many Americans use these kinds of drugs.

BTW, I think that some of these people who think they are overweight because they lac willpower do not know that their genetics or medicines they take or some other factor may be playing a role in their excess weight.

I know thats what i meant by medical conditions (sorry if there is a better word for what i was trying to say) you never know why someone could be big, could be laziness or what you say etc etc.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
Medical science knows that some people's genetics make it easier for them to keep weight off and harder for other people to keep weight off. That doesn't mean obesity is etched in stone but it's an uphill battle for some people while other people have things easy. Read this:

http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/weight-loss/tips/control-weight-destiny/

- - - Updated - - -

The people who are born with better weight genetics are born on 3rd base sliding into home-plate and they think they hit a home-run.

The people born with bad weight genes start off with 2 strikes against them when they walk up to the plate. They can succeed but it's harder.

DannyBoyy

Reaction score
I remember a friend i knew at school who was very skinny he said he could eat crap after crap yet not gain anything, lucky bastard lol.

nameless

Banned
Reaction score
I remember a friend i knew at school who was very skinny he said he could it crap after crap yet not gain anything, lucky bastard lol.

Same here. I can't put on weight. I would have to eat till I'm uncomfortable in order to get fat.

Sorry my previous posts were convoluted and lengthy I was working on something while posting today and I was very distracted.

Let me just say I'm all talked out about this and I know everyone is thankful for that. If people want to badmouth obese people I won't make an issue of it. I just don't want to be part of it.

I do think that my most recent post with the link that gets into the genetics of weight gain is food (pun intended) for thought though. It's enlightening. That link is probably the
only relevant thing I posted the past hours.

Gotta run.

I.D WALKER

Reaction score
My brother died of edema. He was walking around for a year with it and doctors were trying to treat it.

Nameless,
I don't now how much time elapsed since your brother's passing, but please accept my sincerest condolences to you and your family.

Abu Hairy Al-Forhedi

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Medical science knows that some people's genetics make it easier for them to keep weight off and harder for other people to keep weight off. That doesn't mean obesity is etched in stone but it's an uphill battle for some people while other people have things easy. Read this:

The people who are born with better weight genetics are born on 3rd base sliding into home-plate and they think they hit a home-run.

The people born with bad weight genes start off with 2 strikes against them when they walk up to the plate. They can succeed but it's harder.

Jesus! Cut the crap! you wrote so many nonsense in this thread that I dont even know where to begin. Diabetes(especially type 2), high blood pressure.. and some other conditions that you named are primary caused by overweight, obesity
You obviously have problems with perception of obesity. Let me tell you, being fat is not normal. But I cant blame you, since two thirds of your people are obese. Are you saying all those people suffers from some underlaying medical condition?:freak: In USA, obesity, has become more a cultural or a social thing, thats why obesity rates are not the same throughout the country.

FYI, about 85% of us carry so called thrifty genes, which help us conserve energy and store fat and still there are hardly any obese people in my country.

Lastly, i've been in your country, i've seen how you people eat. Mega, jumbo portions of food avaliable everywhere you turn. You order a small or medium soda in theatre and the girls forces on you: "for only 50c more you get free refill!!" "no, tnx" i said. "But for only $5.75 you get free refil!" jesus, give me a small soda!!
And later we went to this burger place where they had this "3for1 burger deal" for like 5 bucks. I was expecting a EU McDonalds size burger- but holly crap!! I got this huge triple burger with min. 1000cal. Not only that! I got a BUCKET of soda. Not a cup- a BUCKET! like 2 liters of soda and I was like: "is this for all of us??" I've never seen anything like this.

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
Jesus! Cut the crap! you wrote so many nonsense in this thread that I dont even know where to begin. Diabetes(especially type 2), high blood pressure.. and some other conditions that you named are primary caused by overweight, obesity
You obviously have problems with perception of obesity. Let me tell you, being fat is not normal. But I cant blame you, since two thirds of your people are obese. Are you saying all those people suffers from some underlaying medical condition?:freak: In USA, obesity, has become more a cultural or a social thing, thats why obesity rates are not the same throughout the country.

FYI, about 85% of us carry so called thrifty genes, which help us conserve energy and store fat and still there are hardly any obese people in my country.

Lastly, i've been in your country, i've seen how you people eat. Mega, jumbo portions of food avaliable everywhere you turn. You order a small or medium soda in theatre and the girls forces on you: "for only 50c more you get free refill!!" "no, tnx" i said. "But for only $5.75 you get free refil!" jesus, give me a small soda!!
And later we went to this burger place where they had this "3for1 burger deal" for like 5 bucks. I was expecting a EU McDonalds size burger- but holly crap!! I got this huge triple burger with min. 1000cal. Not only that! I got a BUCKET of soda. Not a cup- a BUCKET! like 2 liters of soda and I was like: "is this for all of us??" I've never seen anything like this.

Honestly the places are only trying to increase revenue thats why they do it. But alot of places are changing size and portions in the last few years. But its not really the portions it just alot of people just make a conscience decision to eat unhealthy and not exercise. We also work alot in the US so dieting and exercising doesnt get prioritized in the big scheme of working, caring for family and children, and the craziness of everyday life.

They are doing research at MIT regarding work hours/schedules. They are seeing that a stressful work schedule can literally take years off your life and is a main factor in everyones well being. So some company like I think Chase are encouraging employees to take more time off and are trying to incorporate a flex day. Where you can come in late or leave early.

Im 26 my schedule is crazy. Yesterday for example I was at jobsites at downtown Manhattan, midtown Manhattan, Queens, and Long Island. Literally to complete my day I had to eat while traveling so I ended up hitting a McDonalds.

One of my friends is an analyst on wall street. He makes crazy money, but isnt even allowed to leave for lunch the company orders them food everyday and they eat at there desks...

xetudor

Established Member
Reaction score
I just fear that I will stay too long without a job and employers are going to wonder what I've been doing.

It's almost like work isn't the most important thing in one's life. Seriously, I don't get why you're always supposed to work. If you had the money to live for say 10 years comfortably you'll still work because of the fear of what employers might think of you if you haven't been working for a while. They might think you are lazy or couldn't get a job so why bother with you? This is relevant especially when you're young and your health probably won't be a issue for you to need a large sum of money immediately.

If you want 5 children and a huge house in a nice location then things change, obviously.

kmm179

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm 26 too and it's the kind of statement that makes me wonder why I'm trying so hard to get a job.

I still have a good amount of money accumulated from my previous jobs and there is no emergency.

I just fear that I will stay too long without a job and employers are going to wonder what I've been doing.

Well, what am I doing? Travelling mostly, I'm going to Thailand next month, and I'm talking a road trip to Italy with my girlfriend this summer.

Should I feel guilty? Should I be working just for working? To be a good citizen? It's not that I don't want to, it's just that I'm not even given the chance to work.

As they say, be careful what you wish for. Of course I'll need a job at a point if I want to support a family. But right now, f-ck it, I will still enjoy my life in the meantime.

Yeah man travel as much as you can. Do cool **** and experience life. Working is horrible.

Yeah man Im like disillusioned with the whole american dream thing. It really is a nightmare most adults I know are miserable. Work there asses off but dont truly get to enjoy anything. I dont think Ill last long term in architecture. This is my 3rd time starting worked in sales, tech and now this. If this fails Ill literally probably live a bohemian lifestyle.

Scrappy

Reaction score
As a fat woman, she is trying to increase her value by putting down someone else. Being fat, she could never put down a fat guy, but she won't have to deal with baldness so that's a safe target.

It's why average-looking women are often more brutal in rejecting guys than hot women. Because deep down the average woman is mad that she really cant do better than you.