What Am I Dealing With Here Gentleman?

Dogma

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
So The first is my hair down December 2016 The second picture is the same time just different style.

The rest of the photos are my current hairline, the first three wet The next dry obviously.

Attachments

• IMG_1136.JPG
    IMG_1136.JPG
    35.5 KB · Views: 188
  • IMG_1131.JPG
    IMG_1131.JPG
    73.3 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_1707.JPG
    IMG_1707.JPG
    52.3 KB · Views: 178
  • IMG_1708.JPG
    IMG_1708.JPG
    74.8 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_1712.JPG
    IMG_1712.JPG
    64.9 KB · Views: 183
  • IMG_1723.JPG
    IMG_1723.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 220
  • IMG_1722.JPG
    IMG_1722.JPG
    82.4 KB · Views: 210
  • IMG_1725.JPG
    IMG_1725.JPG
    83.8 KB · Views: 175

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
So The first is my hair down December 2016 The second picture is the same time just different style.

The rest of the photos are my current hairline, the first three wet The next dry obviously.
You got turned down by Rahal with that much loss?

Dogma

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, he only saw the wet pictures plus this one. My right temple is 3.3 inches to the top of my eyes, my left temple is 3 inches to the top of my eyes, and the middle of my hairline is 2.7 inches to the top of my eyes i've been measuring for a year, I haven't receded but definitely diffuse thinking i started finasteride about 2 1/2 months ago I have been on Rogaine foam for quite a while on and off, but started the liquid the same time as the finasteride

Attachments

• IMG_1716.JPG
    IMG_1716.JPG
    115.1 KB · Views: 152

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
IMG_1723.JPG
Did you show him this one. This shows loss enough for a hair transplant. I think some of the top doctors don't want to take small cases anymore.

Dogma

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
To be fair the top two pictures are styled in a way that covers my temples these are pictures from June 2016

Attachments

• IMG_0957.JPG
    IMG_0957.JPG
    104.3 KB · Views: 121
  • IMG_0959.JPG
    IMG_0959.JPG
    91.5 KB · Views: 137
  • IMG_0958.JPG
    IMG_0958.JPG
    87.9 KB · Views: 127

Dogma

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
IMG_1723.JPG
Did you show him this one. This shows loss enough for a hair transplant. I think some of the top doctors don't want to take small cases anymore.
I totally agree man I've got tons of hair, but it is clear my hairline needs management and repair. I'm just starting medication right now 0.5 mg for now

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
I totally agree man I've got tons of hair, but it is clear my hairline needs management and repair. I'm just starting medication right now 0.5 mg for now
You have plenty of time to do research while just starting finasteride. I would start at 1mg for now. If you need to taper the dose down you can later.

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score

He must be getting more conservative. I had probably less loss than this when he agreed to operate on me

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
He must be getting more conservative. I had probably less loss than this when he agreed to operate on me
I think Erdogan would turn him down too.

Dogma

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You have plenty of time to do research while just starting finasteride. I would start at 1mg for now. If you need to taper the dose down you can later.
Yeah I'm just worried about hitting it hard because I am a quadriplegic, so I can't feel my dick as it is haha. But I actually just sent Dr. Rahals Secretary ( The one that sent me the email saying it's too early) the photo that stood out to you i'm hoping to hear a response. That guy in turkey does amazing work too, it's just getting my paralyzed *** to turkey would be one hell of a trip.

Are you a believer in finasteride?

Dogma

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think Erdogan would turn him down too.
I don't know man I was just looking at his results, and the people he operates on and classifies as Norwood 2 are way worse than me. So you might be right! I'm worried that the only people that would accept me would do a shitty job. Is there anyone else respectable in Canada for hairline work using fue.

Dogma

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
How were your results?

And you might of had more recession where as I might have more diffuse thinning then you

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
How were your results?

And you might of had more recession where as I might have more diffuse thinning then you

I didn't get it done. Meds brought me back to a norwood level I am able to live with for the time being

Dogma

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
The width of my four head is unacceptable, but surprisingly the length from the middle of my hairline is good if it was 0.2 inches less that would be literally perfect matching my nose to chin and eyes to bottom of nose.

I have just got to deal with this thinning that you can see, i'm getting a camera scope tomorrow my caregiver is telling me she can see little stubble so I will be able to confirm

Dogma

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I didn't get it done. Meds brought me back to a norwood level I am able to live with for the time being
Oh buddy congratulations, what did you use just finasteride and minoxidil? And you saw regrowth? That gives me encouragement. I'm actually using laser too ( I know people call it bullshit, but I'm trying everything that's not really dangerous) and getting a scalp cleanse once a month

kj6723

My Regimen
Reaction score
Oh buddy congratulations, what did you use just finasteride and minoxidil? And you saw regrowth?

finasteride, minoxidil, and nizoral shampoo. Yes I have gotten decent thickening and regrowth

Was around NW2.5 with forelock starting to diffuse. Now around NW1.5 - 2

Dogma

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
finasteride, minoxidil, and nizoral shampoo. Yes I have gotten decent thickening and regrowth

Was around NW2.5 with forelock starting to diffuse. Now around NW1.5 - 2
Oh really so you were about the same as me. See the thing is before I took the photos with dry hair I used a boar brizzled brush to pull it back, and it really does pull it back and my hair is really long like below my jaw. If I just pulled it that would have been more like this:

- still obvious there is some thinning and receding in the temples, but the brush really emphasizes it

Attachments

• IMG_0908.JPG
    IMG_0908.JPG
    128.4 KB · Views: 115
  • IMG_0904.JPG
    IMG_0904.JPG
    134.7 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0906.JPG
    IMG_0906.JPG
    131 KB · Views: 139

Dogma

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On Erdogen's website this is a Norwood 2. I would be suicidal haha but man he is a master look what he does with that.

Attachments

• IMG_1726.JPG
    IMG_1726.JPG
    123.1 KB · Views: 137

DoctorHouse

Reaction score
Yeah I'm just worried about hitting it hard because I am a quadriplegic, so I can't feel my dick as it is haha. But I actually just sent Dr. Rahals Secretary ( The one that sent me the email saying it's too early) the photo that stood out to you i'm hoping to hear a response. That guy in turkey does amazing work too, it's just getting my paralyzed *** to turkey would be one hell of a trip.

Are you a believer in finasteride?
I think finasteride can slow things down but it is no cure. I think I remember you from HLH forum. Did you post there ever?

Dogma

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think finasteride can slow things down but it is no cure. I think I remember you from HLH forum. Did you post there ever?
Yeah man, I lost all my accounts for these websites took a break because I grew my hair out and it looked great, but I knew that I needed to do something because my old man is bald. But you're not someone that believes it's the devils drug and has a strong likelihood of making things worse?

Can I ask what treatment in research you are most excited for?