What Age Is Too Young To Take Dutasteride?

Baldingdane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It's a matter of perception. Some will say dutasteride should only be taken by 50-60+ for those with enlarged prostates. Others go on the medication at 18 because of hardcore pre-mature baldness, and finasteride isn't enough. If i remember correctly, there's a guy on here that started dutasteride at 18, regrew his temples and has been stable ever since. He just reported back after a lot of years of inactivity because he didn't think about hairloss anymore. He is now 27. Can't remember his username though..

Anthonydbz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
are you even balding? most 18-20 year olds that come here either have BDD or are trolling because they all have thick NW1s
Me a few months ago

Attachments

• ABC15058-003D-4360-9B10-A169A07E56E2.jpeg
    ABC15058-003D-4360-9B10-A169A07E56E2.jpeg
    140.8 KB · Views: 214

Anthonydbz

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You are diffuse thinning for sure however your hairline seems to be intact. Why don't you try finasteride before Duta?
Don’t want to take chances, i heard people regret dutasteride sooner while being one year on finasteride

Hairs45

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Don’t want to take chances, i heard people regret dutasteride sooner while being one year on finasteride
if you where diffusing you hair line would be thin as well. I dont think you have male pattern baldness. youre thinning like a female would on your mid scalp.

maybe a lack of vitamins, healthy diet or stress related hair loss

Baldingdane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
if you where diffusing you hair line would be thin as well. I dont think you have male pattern baldness. youre thinning like a female would on your mid scalp.

maybe a lack of vitamins, healthy diet or stress related hair loss
NOT TRUE. A lot of diffused thinners remain a thick hairline. That's actually very common.

whatintheworld

Reaction score

"I heard people" isn't really the best grounds to make a decision either for or against. It makes sense to first try finasteride and minoxidil, and evaluate later down the road if you think they aren't working.

Ikarus

Banned
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think finasteride will be the most pleasant option, combined with oral minoxidil to have greater results. But 18 year olds can use dutasteride, I started much more significant treatments at that age.

Baldingdane

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I think finasteride will be the most pleasant option, combined with oral minoxidil to have greater results. But 18 year olds can use dutasteride, I started much more significant treatments at that age.
You are also a bit controversial Ikarus, no offense.