What A Difference Of A Change Of Hairstyle Can Make

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
I started the journey almost a year ago, with the goal of doing a shaved/long Viking style. Four systems later, I was ready to give up. The summer was hell, the tape would not hold, I would sweat like a pig, so it was glue or nothing.

You can't get long hair wet, because it takes hours to untangle, the longest hold I would get would be five days.

Cleaning glue off the base, also a hassle, since the cotton/glue would get in the hair, and then it would pull out the hair when I tried to remove it.

Things eventually got easier, but it was still a huge PITA, even in colder weather, I still needed glue for the hairline. Attachment, with long hair, also difficult, since you can't really see the front, it's all by feel.

I was ready to give up, and I started thinking maybe a new hairstyle. I took the crappy unit that I bought directly from China (poor quality synthetic hair, ill-fitting base, and wrong color%) and had it cut by an expert. The results, horrible. A friend fixed it (in another post), but it was enough to push me to find another stylist. I was apprehensive this was a $1,000 system I had on. From the first snip, I felt he knew what he was doing. The results, amazing. The compliments have not stopped.

The best thing, besides the new, short length, is the fact that I can now conceal my hairline! No more glue, no more mess. I can get my hair wet in the shower! What was once such a hassle, is now a breeze. There is no blend, so I can just buzz or shave my head every couple of weeks when I remove and clean. I also only use tape, so no more chemicals, just some alcohol, and the tape strips come right off my head, and the system.

IMG_3890.JPG

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
FE148DD5-FCEE-445A-888B-0FD74078BB14.jpeg Thanks, just too much of a bother. Got the older unit cut today, even shorter. Really really love it.

Attachments

• 55F16E7D-FFA8-4D9B-9733-D2978A1BE5C2.jpeg
    55F16E7D-FFA8-4D9B-9733-D2978A1BE5C2.jpeg
    101.7 KB · Views: 425

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
View attachment 108642 Thanks, just too much of a bother. Got the older unit cut today, even shorter. Really really love it.
Hey BaldBearded. When you have your long hair, what kind of hair product you used to keep your long hair softer? I only use leave in conditioner and water but I feel my hair pretty stiff. Maybe too cold here where I live? Thanks!

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Hey BaldBearded. When you have your long hair, what kind of hair product you used to keep your long hair softer? I only use leave in conditioner and water but I feel my hair pretty stiff. Maybe too cold here where I live? Thanks!

I only used a leave-in conditioner, from Schwarzkopf. During the winter, it's Schwarzkopf Gliss hair repair ultra moisture, during the summer, it's a version of the same, with Sunscreen.

To be honest the current systems (were long, now cut) are 80% synthetic (grey) and 20% dark brown (human). So the synthetic hair requires almost no care. It's as soft as it was from the factory, months later.

The next system will be all European hair, I will continue to use the same products, daily.

I keep hearing stories about guys having issues with frizz and softness, I think it's the type/quality of the hair.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
I only used a leave-in conditioner, from Schwarzkopf. During the winter, it's Schwarzkopf Gliss hair repair ultra moisture, during the summer, it's a version of the same, with Sunscreen.

To be honest the current systems (were long, now cut) are 80% synthetic (grey) and 20% dark brown (human). So the synthetic hair requires almost no care. It's as soft as it was from the factory, months later.

The next system will be all European hair, I will continue to use the same products, daily.

I keep hearing stories about guys having issues with frizz and softness, I think it's the type/quality of the hair.

Thank you for the quick response. I'll try the Schwarzkopf Gliss hair repair ultra moisture leave in conditioner.
I hope this is the right one

https://www.riteaid.com/shop/gliss-...NgGd8bO0hoAhRuODsGwV1ZcLohdZNDRsaAmXwEALw_wcB

9_3_2_3_2522428.jpg

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
Thank you for the quick response. I'll try the Schwarzkopf Gliss hair repair ultra moisture leave in conditioner.
I hope this is the right one

https://www.riteaid.com/shop/gliss-...NgGd8bO0hoAhRuODsGwV1ZcLohdZNDRsaAmXwEALw_wcB

View attachment 108937

Yes, that will work, they have a couple, it depends on what country you live in. I just spritz and comb in the AM.

I have always been skeptical about "hair products", most of the stuff I would but in the US was inferior, except the salon-only products, like Joico, which is great.

I buy Schwarzkopf in the supermarket, and it's great.

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Yes, that will work, they have a couple, it depends on what country you live in. I just spritz and comb in the AM.

I have always been skeptical about "hair products", most of the stuff I would but in the US was inferior, except the salon-only products, like Joico, which is great.

I buy Schwarzkopf in the supermarket, and it's great.

I like the Schwarzlopf is so cheap. I will defiantly try it. I like simplicity lifestyle so I only use water and leave in conditioner.

I still need a tons of advice of how to:
Extend the lifespan of the system
What is the right products to use
Make hair softer.....etc

BaldBearded

My Regimen
Reaction score
OK, just found the summer stuff.

I am not finding it on their website... I wonder if it's been discontinued.

https://static.necy.eu/i/gw/13/2000x2000/71961.jpg

To answer some of your questions.

To make your system last longer, you need to start with a system that is long-lasting. French Lace (forget about monofilament) lasts longer than Swiss and much longer than UTS. You will also have less shedding with knots than V-loop. You mentioned that you exercise, lace will let your scalp "breath", sweat will evaporate, and not collect under the system.

Be gentle when you clean, better to soak, then to rub.

Use products that won't dry out the hair, or damage the base.

In terms of making hair softer, that's a tough one. My current systems are a mix of synthetic (grey) and human hair (#2). As mentioned above, I have five months into the system I got in August. The base is intact, and the density is still very good. I also went with no bleached knots and did double knots except for the hairline (was exposed, no longer). The quality of the hair is truly amazing. The newer unit is two months old, and it is like new. The older one, a bit less so, but looks fine.

I am going to say something very unpopular, but sometimes you need to pay more to get better quality. It doesn't mean that an expensive unit will be automatically "better" than one half the price, that is where research is important. So when you hear stories of people buying from places where the hair comes damaged or has problems, and it's consistent, you know you should probably avoid that provider. Or, if in the photos, the system looks bad, you should avoid it, no matter how good a deal you are getting.

Steve

Hair Newbie

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
OK, just found the summer stuff.

I am not finding it on their website... I wonder if it's been discontinued.

https://static.necy.eu/i/gw/13/2000x2000/71961.jpg

To answer some of your questions.

To make your system last longer, you need to start with a system that is long-lasting. French Lace (forget about monofilament) lasts longer than Swiss and much longer than UTS. You will also have less shedding with knots than V-loop. You mentioned that you exercise, lace will let your scalp "breath", sweat will evaporate, and not collect under the system.

Be gentle when you clean, better to soak, then to rub.

Use products that won't dry out the hair, or damage the base.

In terms of making hair softer, that's a tough one. My current systems are a mix of synthetic (grey) and human hair (#2). As mentioned above, I have five months into the system I got in August. The base is intact, and the density is still very good. I also went with no bleached knots and did double knots except for the hairline (was exposed, no longer). The quality of the hair is truly amazing. The newer unit is two months old, and it is like new. The older one, a bit less so, but looks fine.

I am going to say something very unpopular, but sometimes you need to pay more to get better quality. It doesn't mean that an expensive unit will be automatically "better" than one half the price, that is where research is important. So when you hear stories of people buying from places where the hair comes damaged or has problems, and it's consistent, you know you should probably avoid that provider. Or, if in the photos, the system looks bad, you should avoid it, no matter how good a deal you are getting.

Steve

Please excuse any typos or grammatical errors here because I typed this with my thumbs.

Thank you for your guidance and useful advice,I always learn something new from you and other members here. I know about skin base is not breathable but I saw Curtis (from HairExperience youtube channel) wore a skin base system in Florida during summer (and other people who live in the humid and hot countries also wear skin base systems) so I decided to give it a try. So far, I like it a lot. It really feel like my own hair growing out from my scalp.

About the price of the system, I really don't mind to pay more for good quality hair system. In fact, I was willing to pay full retail price to either Hairdirect or Curtis from HairbyMHE when I first learned about hair system 3-4 months ago. The reason l' have chosen to purchase my first system directly from the manufacturer in China which is Lordhair (can I mention companies name here?) because I was planning on using that $160 USD piece for a practice bonding, fitting... .etc. It turned out the quality of the hair system was really good in my opinion. I like it a lot so I bought 3 more different base systems from them. I have been wearing the first system which is French Lace for two months 24/7 doing a lot of crazy activities such as swimming, diving into the swimming pool, snowboarding, long hours of motorcycle ride, hiking, camping, almost daily intensive workout at the gym..... also, experimenting with different tapes, adhesive, cleaning methods ....etc. I think my first system still in pretty good shape that I can continue using it for few more months. I changed to a skin base few days ago because l was so anxious to try out a new 0.06mm skin base. I don't have any complain so far. Buying from the mainstream retailer was my first intention but now I most likely will stay with Lordhair. I got the feeling that most of the mainstream retailers are getting their supplies from the same manufactures in China and they just mark up the retail price for profit margin (I could be wrong about that). Thanks again for your input.