Wet hair on minoxidil

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
As of today, I'd rather have sides with a head full of glorious hairs vs, no sides & no hair:p

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Update fellas

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    113.1 KB · Views: 456

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
It looks really good when wet, which means when it's dry, your balding 100% undectable.

rocklegends

Reaction score
Update fellas

Yep, excellent as it was at first glance. Again, my congrats to you Pavi. You've done an exemplary job in tackling this condition while you still didn't have noticeable thinning or balding. To your previous question on delaying anti androgen therapy: I'm not a doctor of course, so I would definitely do the proper due diligence with the proper channels (I can vouch for Dr. Bernstein in new york as a tremendous source. He will scale your scalp for miniaturization and is a medicinal therapy first doctor, so it would be a great go of it if you wish.

My personal opinion is that it would be prudent to get on finasteride as soon as possible. While Minoxidil helps to keep hairs in the anagen phase longer (and there are a few other mysteries behind how it works...I imagine it functions akin to vasodilation.) Finasteride as an antiandrogen helps to inhibit DHT internally, which helps to abate progression of miniaturization. Working together synergistically is a deadly combination for hairloss abatement. While I understand that you are anxious towards beginning, but if it helps to ease your concern, I can personally vouch for it as someone who has taken it for 16 months. By far, it was the best decision I've made in quite some time, and I've not experienced any side effects. Of course, it isn't the case for everyone, but 98% odds on the long end are probably the best betting odds you can potentially have

Keep us posted, and no that we all support whatever decision you decide to partake in. Should you any question, don't hesitate to reach out :D

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Yep, excellent as it was at first glance. Again, my congrats to you Pavi. You've done an exemplary job in tackling this condition while you still didn't have noticeable thinning or balding. To your previous question on delaying anti androgen therapy: I'm not a doctor of course, so I would definitely do the proper due diligence with the proper channels (I can vouch for Dr. Bernstein in new york as a tremendous source. He will scale your scalp for miniaturization and is a medicinal therapy first doctor, so it would be a great go of it if you wish.

My personal opinion is that it would be prudent to get on finasteride as soon as possible. While Minoxidil helps to keep hairs in the anagen phase longer (and there are a few other mysteries behind how it works...I imagine it functions akin to vasodilation.) Finasteride as an antiandrogen helps to inhibit DHT internally, which helps to abate progression of miniaturization. Working together synergistically is a deadly combination for hairloss abatement. While I understand that you are anxious towards beginning, but if it helps to ease your concern, I can personally vouch for it as someone who has taken it for 16 months. By far, it was the best decision I've made in quite some time, and I've not experienced any side effects. Of course, it isn't the case for everyone, but 98% odds on the long end are probably the best betting odds you can potentially have

Keep us posted, and no that we all support whatever decision you decide to partake in. Should you any question, don't hesitate to reach out :D

Thank you for such a thoughtful post!

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Did you have any shedding?

I had a lot of shedding

- - - Updated - - -

Those gains are good. To me, it looks like all or most of it grew back.

Not sure why your freaking about this.

I guess when it dries it kinda dries in a diffused hair loss pattern. I'm also hypothyroid so Idk. I know you have had a lot of success with only min so I'm hoping I can emulate you