Wet hair on minoxidil

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
On the left is baseline and the right is now. It's still diffusely thinning and I'm freaking out-as many of you may tell by my frequent postings.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    125 KB · Views: 2,665

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
On the left is baseline and the right is now. It's still diffusely thinning and I'm freaking out-as many of you may tell by my frequent postings.
Whoah, not bad bro!
I bet when ur hair is dry it looks just fine...you're doin' well

worm

My Regimen
Reaction score
looks good to me, i second transam. Im probably closer to your baseline. so you're just using minoxidil?

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
looks good to me, i second transam. Im probably closer to your baseline. so you're just using minoxidil?

I am using viviscal, keto 1% and lasercomb as well

- - - Updated - - -

Here is my hair right after the haircut. Short length.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    585.3 KB · Views: 933
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    145.1 KB · Views: 1,138

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
LMFAO! Dude, here's no hairloss!! I'd kill for that!!
go enjoy life bro

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
That's a good length/style for you man it looks good.

rocklegends

Reaction score
Tremendous progress, Pavi. Very nice. Word of note however: these results will likely not persist over the long run without some sort of anti androgen such as finasteride or dutasteride. I would vie for the former because the latter inhibits type 1 and type 2 to a substantial degree, so that should be tabled until you really need it. I think that with both finasteride and minoxidil at your disposal, you should be able to further thicken your existing hair, moderately grow additional hairs (perhaps another 10-15 hairs per inch^2), and maintain for the long run (10 year study by rossi suggests that patients on therapy on just finasteride were able to maintain their existing hair in 86% of cases, with these cases seeing persistent improvement in the 10th year of the study).

In any event, your hair to the untrained eye and general public doesn't seem to show any form of noticeable balding. I suppose that this is the bright side of diffuse thinning (speaking personally, it's awful at first recognition, but it also gives you the best opportunity to recoup and save your existent hair since systemic thinning across your scalp is theroretically preferable to a slick bald area).

Go out and enjoy life, my friend :D

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
Tremendous progress, Pavi. Very nice. Word of note however: these results will likely not persist over the long run without some sort of anti androgen such as finasteride or dutasteride. I would vie for the former because the latter inhibits type 1 and type 2 to a substantial degree, so that should be tabled until you really need it. I think that with both finasteride and minoxidil at your disposal, you should be able to further thicken your existing hair, moderately grow additional hairs (perhaps another 10-15 hairs per inch^2), and maintain for the long run (10 year study by rossi suggests that patients on therapy on just finasteride were able to maintain their existing hair in 86% of cases, with these cases seeing persistent improvement in the 10th year of the study).

In any event, your hair to the untrained eye and general public doesn't seem to show any form of noticeable balding. I suppose that this is the bright side of diffuse thinning (speaking personally, it's awful at first recognition, but it also gives you the best opportunity to recoup and save your existent hair since systemic thinning across your scalp is theroretically preferable to a slick bald area).

Go out and enjoy life, my friend :D

Wow! Thank you for such encouraging words. I think, for now, I'm going to wait to add an anti androgen until I lose ground. I don't see the point in risking side effects when my routine is going well! What do you think?

transam

Established Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
Get on finasteride or dutasteride ASAP brother...everyday I wish I got on finasteride @ the age of 20...I'm 25 now

alex85

Established Member
Reaction score
I'm going to wait to add an anti androgen until I lose ground. I don't see the point in risking side effects when my routine is going well! What do you think?
This is a big mistake. First 6-12 months(sometimes even longer) on minoxidil solo always looks very nice and promising, but then DHT ALWAYS take-over.
Get on finasteride ASAP.
I may consider when I lose ground
It can be too late. Regrowing lost hair is much harder then preventing loss.

stachu

Experienced Member
My Regimen
Reaction score
You gonna lose your ground. Hop in on finasteride. .5 ED or .7 EOD like me, for self testing. Today, is the first day when im taking ED .7

Pavi

My Regimen
Reaction score
I have very low DHT levels pre finasteride.... I'm afraid that taking finasteride would obliterate my DHT. I have 17ng/microliter and the reference range is 16-79

spring15

My Regimen
Reaction score
Nice work, you think the laser comb is making a difference? Or mainly the minoxidil?

davesmith420

My Regimen
Reaction score
Pavi I honestly think you should hop on finasteride. I would just give it a shot and see what happens. Do like .5 mg a day if you're worried about sides.