westerners and asians lose hair differently

gonna_win

Experienced Member
Reaction score
drinkrum said:
gonna_win said:
chewbaca said:
I am starting to think that westerners more than asians lose hair due to male pattern baldness..firstly it might be due to genetics, 2ndly its the diet..Asians have a diet rich in soy products, seafood and spices, herbs.....i can tell u defioentely there is a link to diet....Diet alone may not stop hair loss but it makes a difference on the rate someone is losing his hair due to male pattern baldness....

bullshit. I know stacks of asian people that have never eaten a single soy bean in they're life. The reason I think male pattern baldness affects asians less is a lower amount of DHT and thus testosterone, notive asian people are less hairy? and statistically have smaller genitals?

I think you meant lower amount of T and thus lower DHT, not the other way around.

D.

yep my bad.

ACT10Npack

Experienced Member
Reaction score
You maynot see a lot of bald asian men because there are only a few in the United States. At my gym I see a lot of asian guys half lossing there hair and the other half full of hair. I did thought about that when I first start lossing my hair but ask my asian friend about that and he says that he see a lot of balding asian guys.

ronaldkia

Established Member
Reaction score
i have to agree, i live in montreal. and i see a lot of asian men with male pattern baldness. A LOT! it seems interesting tough...these are asian men who seems pretty cool/ high testosterone/ go to gym....but they dont/ or never had girlfriends. some of them are friends of mine. but the ones who have full heads of hair, are the ones, who have asian girlfriends, and have more oriental traits.

seems like the ones who are balding prefer white women, but they find it harder to get white women.

87david

Established Member
Reaction score
I tend to agree with oldschool, but I don't think it is the protein. Average Americans surely consume an enormous amount of protein--Americans are huge compared to most Asians. Of course, this might just be genetic and not indicative of the extra protein, don't know. But the crux of the matter is I don't think it is so much what you eat, but what you don't eat. I'm not a world traveler, but I would consider the average American diet very unhealthy compared to most of the modern world. We just don't take nutrition that seriously. For instance, look at how many overweight doctors and nurses there are in hospitals. If they don't take nutrition seriously, I doubt many regular people do either.

Wezz

Experienced Member
Reaction score
my asian friend said that their water is also essential for the hair and the foods they eat, he said there is way too many junkies on the east.